What are some words that you used to mispronounce?

I still do "th" as "f" in some cases, not as in saying "the" though. Might be because my small mouth and large teeth, depends on the word/articulation though.

I'm sure we all mispronounce them. After the first 250 they had crazy names.

there was also the thing where in official pokemon trailers the narrators would pronounce arceus in different ways
one was ar-see-us, another was ar-kee-us and another was ar-say-us
i still dont know which one is the right one

Adolescent. I'm more used to pronouncing it as a-dole-es-cent, rather than a-dol-?-scent.

Honestly wouldn't be a problem if English adopted tone marks / accents and was more consistent.
Like, the letter c is completely useless unless paired with h for the ch sound. K and S already fulfil C's role lol.
Hrghhh English.

A lot of them, usually bigger words that I had only read/typed not said out loud, so when I would finally be like, ok I'll use this in conversation and then people are like "Oh you mean 'blank'" like welp, there goes any confidence I had. =[

I'm sure we all mispronounce them. After the first 250 they had crazy names.

Yep, totally agree with you here. Some other languages have even more names that look even more weird if they are not your native language and/or you actually know other things they can be etc.

I always laugh at the German name for Pidgeot; Tauboss. Always makes me think of the Warhammer stuff lolol. (It's supposed to be Taube(pigeon) + boss but still potential mech-forms I guess haha

Yep, totally agree with you here. Some other languages have even more names that look even more weird if they are not your native language and/or you actually know other things they can be etc.

I always laugh at the German name for Pidgeot; Tauboss. Always makes me think of the Warhammer stuff lolol. (It's supposed to be Taube(pigeon) + boss but still potential mech-forms I guess haha

Oh god yes. Whenever I try to talk Pok?mon with an Austrian friend it involves a lot of Google Image searches.

Oh god yes. Whenever I try to talk Pok?mon with an Austrian friend it involves a lot of Google Image searches.

Yeah; I think I even made a meme picture out of that with some friend once. And also the German name for Watchog is a bit inappropriate if you know Swedish :p

- - - Post Merge - - -

To get back on topic though, a lot of things beginning with "v" I pronounce as if it were with "f" since I took German classes for many years and you do that there so it's stuck for some reason...

Oh, right. Sibling. I always thought it was sigh-bling until I looked it up and it was sih-bling or whatever... rip

epitome

I thought it was "eh-pa-toe-m" O__o
I don't know why..I just thought that way sounded more serious and rich. Also maybe because of the pronunciation of "tome" on it's own influenced me.
I pronounce it the right way now...but, gotta say, it still sounds lackluster to me lol.

Last edited:
I've a habit of shortening "probably" down to "probly" when I speak but I think that might just be a local thing idk

I used to have problems shortening words like this too. I used to say develop as dev-lop.
I also had a hard time (even now) pronouncing variety. I'd say vi-Ari-ty. Usually I have to stop and think about it before I say the word. Oh yeah and when I was learning to read English words like subtle also threw me off because I'd read it exactly as it is... like colonel, jeopardy, zucchini wtf English is so hard :(

Oh yeah and can't forgot porpoise and tortoise.. thought they were pronounced like blastoise the Pok?mon rip.

Last edited:
I used to have problems shortening words like this too. I used to say develop as dev-lop.
I also had a hard time (even now) pronouncing variety. I'd say vi-Ari-ty. Usually I have to stop and think about it before I say the word. Oh yeah and when I was learning to read English words like subtle also threw me off because I'd read it exactly as it is... like colonel, jeopardy, zucchini wtf English is so hard :(

Oh yeah and can't forgot porpoise and tortoise.. thought they were pronounced like blastoise the Pok?mon rip.

lol i always pronounced tortoise like it was french lmao rip me.

yeah colonel has the weirdest pronunciation to me, like wtf just spell it another way man

I've a habit of shortening "probably" down to "probly" when I speak but I think that might just be a local thing idk

It probably is a local thing. I do it too and it annoys me so much.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Lately I keep saying "a-vale-lee-able" when I say "available" and it's weird. I don't try it and I know how to spell it.

Oh my god, colonel. I still say it as call-in-ul. English is so bad.

Oh my god, colonel. I still say it as call-in-ul. English is so bad.

idk how right it was but i always said it like a mix of cardinal and coll-uh-nell so yeah bad me lol.

and yeah even german was way easier for me since it's closer to swedish and they have their set rules for how to pronounce that you learn at once unlike english.

Back