• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What was this forum like when you first joined?

It's so weird how it's been like 3 years since I've joined, I still feel like a new member. But it was only a year after New Leaf came out so the forum was super active, like the villager trade section went a mile a minute.

Yeah it was definitely more active; I don't see certain faces on here as much as I used to.

hm yeah like everyone else is saying just a lot more active people and threads. i didn't even know there were different categories of topics we could talk about i thought it was just for trading and making friends in acnl. decided to join tbt when the jvgs disquis shut down if anyone remembers that lol

Yeah it was definitely more active; I don't see certain faces on here as much as I used to.

Same and, well some things were less cringy then now like how things were actually moderated, and fair rules and warnings rather than "lol you cussed" things.

And yep sure miss some of the people here man.

Certain places were more active, threads weren't as hostile or felt very provoking. Collectibles were common? Lotta fun members were here, sad some went inactive. I remember the treehouse was a bit more active than it is rn.

I believe it was a bit more active and chatty. Also I noticed a huge influx of online guest members in comparison to the users online. I'm not sure if its a bunch of bots or just many lurkers now-a-days?
Never recalled this many guest users hanging around versus actual users. I also think more artists used to be active here, but some seem to went on a long hiatus and haven't seen them since. Maybe with hopefully a Switch release of AC, this forum will start to liven up!

I believe it was a bit more active and chatty. Also I noticed a huge influx of online guest members in comparison to the users online. I'm not sure if its a bunch of bots or just many lurkers now-a-days?
Never recalled this many guest users hanging around versus actual users. I also think more artists used to be active here, but some seem to went on a long hiatus and haven't seen them since. Maybe with hopefully a Switch release of AC, this forum will start to liven up!

Well there have been a lot of search bots going on here for some reason in the latest year, or just bots in general that spam the boards with love fortune telling sites and whatnot. Luckily they are gone fast, like mo I don't need to find out my Vietnamese true match or stuff lol.

It was so active I really spent hours here on end. I would wake up each morning and be excited to refresh my browser to see all the notifications I got all night. I'm not sure if it was just me going out of my way a little too much, but I made and talked to a lot of friends in a really short time being here

There were those groups that were kind of elite but they all seemed cool so I wanted to be in them and I eventually got in some, but they all died with the site's activity.

It was AMAZING and I hope TBT returns to that huge bustle of activity soon

like everyone is saying, i think it was more active even when i joined. this is the first forum i've registered on and i was so confused with it, such as trading and using tbt. it took me about a month to get used to all of this and i didn't really get to know people for a while. i'd say the community was friendly and welcoming overall though

Last edited:
There was a lot or drama about a year ago when I joined. Nobody was really friendly, so I spent all my time in the ACNL section of the forum where people were very friendly. Now it's not so bad and I post a lot more in other places.

alot more personal, but since welcome amiibo it seems to me like people are only focused on items items items villagers bells bells with people actually becoming friends a rare occurrence

a bit chaotic tbh. i didn't trust anybody with my 3ds friend code, so i stuck to brewster's cafe (it was at the time when trump had become president, so obv everybody seriously disliked this). there were lots of arguments about P O L I T I C S and B A T H R O O M S and S E X S H O E A L I T Y. the forums have sorta brought me out of my shell and i've since been comfortable with playing online, whereas i used to hate it.

- - - Post Merge - - -

also went through the motions of trying to make friends, thinking people are nice and then seeing that they really arent. i tend to just stick to myself though?

really active, i remember ppl were like crazy with GFX and jeez everything was so sweet and nice

cough cough shs

Last edited:
Maybe more going on? Idk. It's certainly a little different now. I can't explain how; 'just is.

Back