• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What was this forum like when you first joined?

I didn't wander much from the AC threads. They were pretty much the same as they are now.
The AC:NL community is nowhere near as social as WW was. Everyone's just looking to trade, get something, or give something away.

Even though the time I joined was not as political, half the site acted like spoiled brats. Even a moderator created a thread, warning people not to use the thread rating system to vote down other shops, which tells me that people have used the thread rating system to grief other members or to get themselves more business. I also remember that TBT bells were much higher in demand because of collectibles.

a lot more activity, "cliques" if you will.

you could tell who was more "known", who were friends, and you could spend hours on here.

I joined around the time that the Welcome Amiibo update came out and it was much more active. It died down after a very short time and now it's pretty much dead :(

Probably more active , it has the more or less the same toxic people from 2015 , and there were many 10-12 year olds around the site.

must recall this account when i joined went into a full never-used until Late Spring / Summer 2015

Last edited:
a lot more activity, "cliques" if you will.

you could tell who was more "known", who were friends, and you could spend hours on here.

Remember when people had matching signatures for their groups? That was wild.

I don't remember much, other than everyone was on the hype train for nl cuz it hadn't been released. the forums were def more turbulent back then

Remember when people had matching signatures for their groups? That was wild.

This, cliques been around forever like staff best buds and whatnot though :p

But yeah that SHS sig and whatnot around lmao.

I remember when I joined, a lot of people had difficulty hybreeding in City Folk. I was a hero back then, teaching everyone how to breed the hard-to-get flowers. Now it's all about trading or buying hybrids. No one takes hybreeding seriously anymore.

Quite active when I joined, especially around Christmas with Jingles Jolly Jamboree. It's died down a little bit since then but I can only assume because of New Leaf's age. There are still lots of people from when I firs joined still active here though.

I remember when I joined, a lot of people had difficulty hybreeding in City Folk. I was a hero back then, teaching everyone how to breed the hard-to-get flowers. Now it's all about trading or buying hybrids. No one takes hybreeding seriously anymore.
Probably because it's too easy as long as you either have beautiful town on or keep checking if you're going for gold ones etc.

i honestly don't remember much of it, lol. definitely more active, i know a lot of people who used to post regularly aren't here anymore which is kinda sad. :c

It was really different

They were more users that were friendly, and RPing was a big thing back then, which I really enjoyed
It's gotten worse, but I still love this place :,)

For real though, I loved this forum when I started being active a couple of years back. The Smash & MK8 tournaments, friendly users, fun topics, and so much more. I had a couple of basement threads I had fun updating like the "Photoshop Your Avatar" and "TBT Visual Novel" which sucked when they died. I miss a lot of the older members who made this forum great.

I don't really remember honestly, it wasn't that long ago.

Mainly the samw except more active I think, and before the welcome amiibo update xD

somrone chased all of the weebs that swarmed the basement they would gather there and worship their animes and manga all the time

- - - Post Merge - - -

and all the fun users left

Ahh... TBT 1.0... I was there.

Sit down kids, let me tell you a story.

I joined TBT in early 2010 - I was an idiot back then. The boards looked different. It was bustling with toxicity and trolls. Minecraft was gaining popularity in alpha.
In the Animal Crossing: City Folk section, one elitist group rules over - JasonBurrows' Multi Millionaire's Club. Short months later, troll attacks and bountiful flame wars led by Jas0n and Gnome shut down the group. Zap Heroes (my home group) was a more tame group that had their own offsite community.

The Bell Tree was *censored.3.0*ing legit. You had your [Nook]. You had your MarlonHax. You had Jimmy from EAC. You had Bacon Boy. I was the annoying noob of the forum (went by the name MrMr and had 2000 posts in 1 year which was a lot for then). You had that guy who always had Yoko in his avatar and signature. You had Tyeforce! You can't forget Tyeforce! Jake's profile just said "i'm gay" everywhere.

What a time. But I've only been around for half of TBT's lifetime. Maybe Jeremy or Justin could share even earlier.

I joined during the period of mass roleplays, ask threads and collectible teams which really influenced my cringeworthy behavior back then.

Oh yeah those collectible club/groups lol...

And the IRC, liked that one better than the Discord to be honest.

Back