What was this forum like when you first joined?

HappyDolphin

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Hello there! I've decided to travel to a bunch of forums and ask: "What was this forum like when you first joined?"!

I first saw this question pop up on ACC and I thought "This would be good to ask!" So, I decided to ask it on the Hopscotch forum (another forum) and I am going to travel to various other forums asking the same question out of curiosity.

So, what was Bell Tree Forums like when you first joined? :cool:

First Pok?ball release and I had no idea about collectible so of course I never got one lol. And very active VTP threads and such. Hasn't been out for overly long back then so yeah.

uhhh not very different..? idk. but there were a lot of users who are banned now who were really active back then lol.

really really active, there were so many people. it was just before christmas i think, so everyone was hyped for toy day. it was super neat

I mean it was definitely more active than now but I can't remember much of it tbh. I do remember 2014, the collectable and restocks discussion thread had just been created and was very active so I spent a lot of time chatting there.

Similar.

There's still nasty people and there's still nice people, luckily there are more nice people that nasty people. Animal Crossing items and villagers were more expensive.

I honestly don't know. That was almost 6 years ago.

I feel like there weren't quite as many people at the time, but that could be because there was a totally different set of people active on the site when I joined. My brother joined in June of 2011, and looking back at some of his old threads, I see people on there who were really active in that timeframe, but have since moved on.

I didn't get around much on the forum, so I have no idea what was going on in the shop threads, the cafe, the basement, all of that. As a matter of fact, I really don't remember anything about my first year or so on TBT; all I remember was that my brother had plans to make his own AC game, and he put me in charge of designing new villagers (that's where my villager idea thread stemmed from). He ended up getting an infraction for "hacking" discussion, and I think that turned him off of the site. He hasn't gotten on since then.

I do remember being slightly active around the time when New Leaf was released in Japan, sometime around November 2012. I even remember people asking me if I wanted to "wi-fi" with them on City Folk (of course, I never accepted the request).

I didn't become more active until around June 2014, shortly after I got ACNL, but even then I didn't hardly do anything on here. I popped in once in a while to get some items. I started getting serious with the site probably in late 2015.

I didn't become a fully active member until around September or October of last year.

So yeah... I don't remember the forums back in 2011. Or really any time before October 2016...

Last edited:
I don't remember much but I'd have to agree that it was more active. There were more sellers and shops and TBT was more valuable back then. That or the demand for items has gone down.

I honestly don't know. That was almost 6 years ago.

I feel like there weren't quite as many people at the time, but that could be because there was a totally different set of people active on the site when I joined.

I totally agree, there are far more active members on here now than there were 6 years ago. Crazy how time flies by

I can't even remember it was like 4 years ago? Nearly? I think it was very active at the time.

I don't really remember. All I know is that City Folk was still relatively new at that point so that subforum was always busy. The current site is really nice to look at so I'm thankful for the move, but I kind of miss the Zetaboards site from time to time because of how simplistic it was... and for the usernames that changed colour depending on the amount of posts you made!

Cruel, mean, cold hearted, not everyone but a lot of people acted that way towards me. I'm glad it's different now

It was kinda confusing at first but then I got used to navigation and it's pretty great here!

It was also slightly more active during that time. :eek:

Last edited:
The museum didn't have the "museum shop." It was full of adopt sales and a lot more rlc shops. Now, it kinda feels dead tbh.

Back