New Leaf Token
Pink Hybrid Cosmos
Blue Candy
Yellow Candy
Tasty Cake
Happy Home Designer Token
Red Candy
Green Candy
So I got Rosie to move in, and decided to try the plot resetting trick...

I opened up a new character and found the plot, but it was in the ****tiest place ever, so I closed the game and tried again... 4 attempts later and the plot of land is still in the same place and won't moVE

Am I doing something wrong? I really don't want her house in this place ;;;;;

Did you save and quit as mayor before 6 AM the day of the move? I've plot reset A LOT and I've never had a villager be in the same spot 4 consecutive times.

Edit: I haven't had it happen to me but maybe it's possible that it happens consecutive times. All you got to do is be patient I guess. Good luck! Hope you get her in a good place.

Last edited:
Are you sure you don't sign up with your Mayor? When you plot resetting, you shouldn't TT from the game but from your console. That's a golden rule of Plot Resetting.

Anyway, making a side the over reacting... Are you sure you...
-Don't have paths whenever your want to place Rosie?
-Why you don't go back a day (with your console NOT the game), and place paths in that place where she's plotting his house.
-Place over the town so she can plot his house wherever you want.
-If you sign up with your Mayor... Well, you can't do that anymore.

Are you using patterns to plot reset? Also it's normal for villagers to keep choosing the same plot. They seem to favour certain areas, but they will move eventually to another viable spot. If you're patient enough! With patterns, the longest it took me to plot reset a stubborn villager was 1 hour, and the shortest time was the first load up, so they really help :)

make sure you:
  • don't use any existing save file on the day she plots until you're done plot resetting
  • don't save the new save file
  • don't have patterns on the place you want her to move
  • don't time travel using the game (use the console instead)

does that make sense?
if you're doing everything right you might just have bad luck. just keep trying.

Thanks for the responses, guys! On about the 10th try, she finally moved! :,D

2/3 if my town is completely empty, so I have no idea why she was favoring that one awkward spot

I'll also keep you tips in mind for next time ^^ ty

Villagers definitely favour certain spots. I've plot reset with two spots where I WANT them and accidentally left open a spot where I don't and even after 40 resets they always want to be in the wrong spot. They like living near other villagers, but not around too many other (not where it's crowded).

Back