• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Do you use a seat belt?

Do you use a seat belt?

• Always

Votes: 70 84.3%
  • Usually but not always

Votes: 7 8.4%
  • Sometimes but not often

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • Never!

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters
Yes. Correct usage of a seat belt (Making sure that it is placed correctly over your hips and shoulder) can save your life in the event of a crash, also airbags are designed to work alongside seat belts and so will not save your life on their own. Apart from saving your own life, if you have other passengers in your car wearing a seat belt can also preserve their lives, as if you are NOT wearing a seat belt you become a human missile, putting those who are wearing seat belts at risk of injury or even death, this is particularly the case with those in the back seat.

Let's put it this way; I don't even have to think about doing it, I just naturally put my seat belt on in any car or other form of transport that I'm in.

Your carelessness could be the end of you, so it's best to use a seat belt especially when it's there to help you in the event of an accident/prevent death and injuries when driving.

I wear a seat belt every time I am in a car, you'd be an idiot if you didn't and that's just the way it is.

Last edited:
I always use my seat belt, with the amount of bad drivers in my area it is dumb not to do so.

Wait, people don't use seatbelts? There are actually people on this site who choose to not use seatbelts? They choose to be unsafe?

I'm actually speechless. Everybody should use seatbelts at all times.

Only when I'm sitting up front or if my mom Is in the car cause she makes me.

If I'm in the back and my mom isn't in the car then I do leave my seatbelt off. It makes me feel really claustrophobic. I know it's a safety thing but it's not like I act like a hooligan climbin around back there. I stay seated like normal, just without a seatbelt.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I know I'm an idiot lol don't have to remind me :blush:

yes, I ALWAYS wear the seat belt and you should, too.

Usually but not always, I am a big girl and not all seat belts can accommodate that so I don't always wear one but will when I can.

The only time I don't use a seatbelt is when I'm going around my community

#SEAT BELTS SAVE LIVES, BUCKLE UP EVERY TIME#​

Always. I'm rarely in cars and don't really relax when in one unless I know the driver well. Too many close calls in taxis.

Of course, I do. I don't feel like being fined for not using a seat belt. Plus, I know close family friends who have died in car accidents, because they weren't wearing one.

Always, unless not wearing one when reversing counts. At least here in the UK, you don't need a seatbelt if reversing.

I like how your average bus still doesn't have seatbelts....

I really hope the 12 people who didn't vote "always" stay safe tbh....

I don't actually use seat belts that often just because I don't ride in cars that often, I usually take the bus, but yeah I've basically never been in an actual car and not put my seat belt on

Last edited:
Always. It's pretty much second nature, I don't even think about it.

Ugh seeing people say they sit in the back with no seat belt :( In a crash you will kill the innocent person in front of you. I never let anyone in my car back or front without a seat belt because I DO NOT want anyone to slam into the back of me and kill me.

Back