Not My Proudest Moment...

$25?! It's official, you're just as crazy as I am. Maybe even more so. XD

Mi petit bonbon is lucrative, and rightfully so. It was a EU card, but definitely worth it.

sRV1G3S.jpg

This thread started a week & a half ago, and nothing has got better - ie I have not seen any series 5, WA packs anywhere for sale except at scalper prices.

I'm in the UK. I made the decision to buy the RV cards I really wanted singly via ebay - I got 5 this way, it cost a fair amount, but I couldn't buy the packs & even if I could, there are only 3 cards per pack (in Europe that's what we get) & I would have a low chance of getting those I wanted.
I suppose I could have tried for trading but I was able to get all 5 cards from one seller, which swung it for me. I've not regretted it.
Series 1-4 cards are still around at their base retail price or slightly lower online. If I go to stores they are always sold out, or just not there. (ie no space for them anyway).

I'm hoping the RV cards come back in stock for people, albeit I won't buy any more.

Changing this slightly to amiibo figurines - I bought two Monster Hunter amiibos (Felyne + another) direct from Japan, free postage, and half as much again as what I think they would be if in the UK (ie I paid ?17, about US $22, for each, but amiibos' are more expensive in the UK, so it felt relatively fair given no postage).

Beautifully packed & very pleased - BUT those amiibo figurines are now going to be sold in Europe & USA - frustrating, you just don't know what is gong to be available and what isn't. What to buy and what to hold out for.
I wish Nintendo marketed better than this, because I don't see how Nintendo win any more than we do if we end up buying off other players, scalpers or overseas.

http://nintendoeverything.com/tag/amiibo/

scroll down one, but the top story is good if it happens - as those Zelda figures are around ?30+ each here in UK, if at available at all. They sold out in min on Nintendo UK store & I was way too late.

Last edited:
My grandson and I bought the NES Reader/Writer for $20 at Game Stop a couple of months ago, and Monster Hunter Felyne figure off Amazon for $8. We have Felyne in three towns now. We love cats and he is very cool looking! Before we scanned him in we got at least one set of all his stuff for my grandson. Also before we got him in our towns, I invited folks on this forum to visit his RV for about a week for free, and lots of people were able to get all his cool stuff, too.

Now I scan him every day and sometimes he gives his RV stuff, sometimes other random items. Did you know that every time you scan a figure or a card (with the reader/writer, anyway) the character gives 5 Meow coupons? All that to say, for me the $28 was worth it!

PS I'm sad for some of you that get shamed for playing or spending money on games. Please forgive those who do that...they don't understand. I don't talk about ACNL with my sisters for that reason. They don't see that it is a hobby like any other. It may not generate any tangible item like cooking or knitting does, but, oh well, we enjoy it and are using our creativity in many ways. And tell me what adult coloring is worth in the scheme of things, unless for the pure enjoyment and use of creativity and imagination, right? I could go on, but like I posted in another thread, let's just keep our games and our real lives in perspective and we are okay.

Aw hell, girl, I shelled out over $50 on 6 cards for my permanent villagers, not to mention all the hunting I did to get an OoT Link and Toon Link amiibos so I could have all the Zelda villagers, too. An I'm a grown man with a full-time job, so nobody is telling me not to

If it's your money do what you want with it. I am the same way though, I always waste my money on game stuff xD no regrets

Back