Not My Proudest Moment...

haha omg, i spent I believe $55 on the sanrio card set from ebay & when I told my mom about it she was ashamed as well. :( i bought more cards too & was sad to see the seller sold out of June she's such a cutie! im jealous u got it

I did that with Mathilda.
Unfortunately they don't remember you, and you're stuck with the amiibo forever. :-/

Yes, that's why I make sure I only scan in the villagers I know I want to keep forever. :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

haha omg, i spent I believe $55 on the sanrio card set from ebay & when I told my mom about it she was ashamed as well. :( i bought more cards too & was sad to see the seller sold out of June she's such a cutie! im jealous u got it

I actually bought my Sanrio amiibo card set for $34 with free shipping. My mom was less ashamed because it seemed like a good deal for 6 limited edition amiibo cards.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I did that when Stitches moved out...then I started collecting the amiibo cards and didn't stop until I had all of them. :p

Now I'm collecting a set of cards for my mom who is 75. My mom plays AC:NL more than me, if you don't outgrow it by then I don't think it's ever going to happen, lol.

Lol, I hope I'm still playing AC:NL at 75! Actually, I hope I'm still playing it when my mom is an old woman and I can say, "I told you I wouldn't outgrow it."

Did Nintendo stop making WA cards? I bought 2 packs for 12 bucks and now one pack is 22 on Amazon.
Should've bought at least one more pack while they were $5.99.

Last edited:

Your parent was ashamed of you spending your own money on a hobby you enjoy?
I feel 100x luckier now. My parents are never ashamed of me, or what I do or what I spend my money on, as long as I am happy. It probably helps that they used to be console gamers but now stick to mobile games. I remember my siblings and I watching them play Mario on the NES. :)

For what it's worth! This internet stranger doesn't look down on you or believe your purchases are wasteful. You should feel happy buying things for your hobby - let's face it, there are really bad ways to spend your dollars. This isn't one of them. :lemon:

Did Nintendo stop making WA cards? I bought 2 packs for 12 bucks and now one pack is 22 on Amazon.

It's probably the same situation as the Sanrio amiibo cards. There's too much demand and not enough supply. The prices are sky-high because of that.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Your parent was ashamed of you spending your own money on a hobby you enjoy?
I feel 100x luckier now. My parents are never ashamed of me, or what I do or what I spend my money on, as long as I am happy. It probably helps that they used to be console gamers but now stick to mobile games. I remember my siblings and I watching them play Mario on the NES. :)

For what it's worth! This internet stranger doesn't look down on you or believe your purchases are wasteful. You should feel happy buying things for your hobby - let's face it, there are really bad ways to spend your dollars. This isn't one of them. :lemon:

I feel better about my purchase now. Thank you. c:

How do you know when you're too addicted to AC:NL? When one of your villagers moves and you buy their amiibo card on eBay for $15. My mom is ashamed of me and insisted I'd "outgrow" my little video game habit. Lol. *Cries*

Don't worry. I personally think it's impossible to play this game without getting so addicted to the point where you just HAVE to spend more money on it. At the time of posting this I have bought 2 copies of the game, 50 dollars worth of amiibo trading card packs, 9 dollars worth of amiibo (they were on sale) and I'm about to spend 30 dollars more for some of the amiibo I'm missing. I'm crazy addicted to this game, but in my opinion, that's okay. As long as I feel like the money I spend wasn't wasted and I continue to have fun on this game, I'll continue to buy more animal crossing stuff.

- - - Post Merge - - -

No, they didn't. I can get them easily if I'm willing to go for a 30-45 minute drive. I found that they don't really restock them very often in certain stores as they do others. I recommend checking the availability online, which should also tell you which store has them and how far away it is. It took me forever to find a store that gets regular weekly shipments of them. I have 4 gamestop stores within 45 minutes from my house, and only one of those 4 actually gets regular shipments. The other 3 get one every month or so and the manager from one store told me that when they get their one shipment for that month they usually sell out by the end of the day.

I don't think it's anything to be ashamed of, ACNL is a video game like any other one, and there's a lot of people completely obsessed with other video games. On CS:GO you see items selling for huge money- over $100, at times - and it's a completely normal thing. I don't play CSGO, but from my understanding you can make a lot of real money off of it. My point being, don't be ashamed for spending money doing what makes you happy!

I don't see any problems here! If it were me, I would totally drop some coin on card if it was something I wanted! I mean, I can drop like $50 an a figure, does my mom believe I've spent my money well, NO, but that doesn't stop me!

Omg no!! I almost did but I found them for $13 on there (still waiting to see if that was a scam or not lol) and then found out my dads going to england in 2 weeks anyway so I could literally just make him pick me up a pack

Posts #26 & #29

I'm surprised, pleasantly Bigm@c if you can get hold of WA series 5 cards still.
I'm in the UK and they have not been around now for months, neither online or any of the stores I can easily reach - unless you are willing to pay online scalper prices.

I have assumed, that Nintendo are not making any more as none have appeared at all for months.
Its apparently a little better in mainland Europe ie packs can still be found?

kuri_kame - the san rio cards cannot be picked up in the UK - never could, as far as I know they were only ever available via Nintendo UK store (limited to one pack per customer) or via Game online. And again they have been out of stock for many months.
Sorry, maybe other players in the UK may know different, but if not then I would look to buy online. Or visit someone with them in their campsite.

Because of the problem with getting WA cards here in the UK , I bought individual cards off ebay, expensive, but well if you want them it seems to be the only way.
Don't feel guilty, as a form of entertainment its a safe one and cheaper (given the number of hours we spend on it) than eating out, cinema, clubs etc.
I've had a lot of enjoyment out of the game, and continuing to do so.

Last edited:
I wouldn't feel too bad. I spent 40 bucks buying *MOST* of my villagers' cards, just in case someone moves. Bill's the only card I really needed to buy since he moved out months ago and I was still sore about it. I couldn't get Julian or Merengue so I have to be extra careful with those two haha. Isn't June a Welcome Amiibo villager though? How did you get her in the first place?

I don't think it's anything to be ashamed of. But $15 is a little steep. It's either that or the 16 villager cycle though and it's easy to tell which one i'd prefer.

Omg relatable af. I was weak and couldn't stop myself from ordering a pack of Series 4 amiibo cards (only $5.99 but still) from Amazon the other day... The problem is, I don't even own a New 3DS (so my 3DS can't read amiibo cards) or an amiibo reader, so the cards are basically useless (besides the cuteness, I suppose). I don't know what I was thinking haha... I might just sell the cards here on BellTreeForums haha...

At least you chose a specific villager that you actually wanted. I got 6 cards that I have no interest in :( :)

I don't blame you at all. People ask me what I am going to do with all my cards and Animal Crossing merchandise once I "get over my obsession" :(. $15 is a lot. I do have a card of June in a pack I only spent $3 on :( But I understand its hard if you want a specific card because the packs are random

I wouldn't feel too bad. I spent 40 bucks buying *MOST* of my villagers' cards, just in case someone moves. Bill's the only card I really needed to buy since he moved out months ago and I was still sore about it. I couldn't get Julian or Merengue so I have to be extra careful with those two haha. Isn't June a Welcome Amiibo villager though? How did you get her in the first place?

You can adopt the WA villagers. It's the Sanrio, LoZ, Splatoon, and MH themed villagers that aren't adoptable. I can see the hesitation with buying Julian and Merengue's cards, though. I bought Merengue's for $1.50 before the update hit and the amiibo cards became black marketed, and I got Julian's in a random pack, but I checked their prices on eBay out of curiosity and almost fell over. $50 for Julian? Really?

- - - Post Merge - - -

I don't think it's anything to be ashamed of. But $15 is a little steep. It's either that or the 16 villager cycle though and it's easy to tell which one i'd prefer.

Yeah. I absolutely hate time traveling out of fear a villager would move, so cycling would be very nerve-wracking. It's way easier to just scan the villager back in.

I bought my Lolly card for $25. Totally worth. I don't think you're too addicted.

And here I am, thinking something happened to Marshal, lol.

Love it! Wish they still did these amiibo packs! Only ever bought 2. Didn't know they would go out of stock everywhere....

I would never spend (so much) money for some virtual pixels but if it makes you happy go for it!
Now you always can have your June in your town, how cute!

I bought my Lolly card for $25. Totally worth. I don't think you're too addicted.

And here I am, thinking something happened to Marshal, lol.

$25?! It's official, you're just as crazy as I am. Maybe even more so. XD

- - - Post Merge - - -

Love it! Wish they still did these amiibo packs! Only ever bought 2. Didn't know they would go out of stock everywhere....

I know, I'm tired of the high demand and low supply as well. Prices for individual amiibo cards were very cheap on eBay before the update. For example, I got Marshal, Ankha, and Merengue for $2 or less each. Suddenly, everyone was a scalper and charging in the double digits for a single card. I wish people weren't so greedy. :(

i have been fighting so hard to keep myself from spending $20 on a pack of Welcome Amiibo cards...
I cannot find them anywhere and I want them so badly. Amazon is the only place I've found with the packs, but it kills me inside that something sold for $5.99 retail is being sold for $20 x_x And I just know people are buying them out in stores just to resell them like this. I considered buying the individual cards on eBay for specific villagers, but I felt like by the time I had bought six, with shipping and everything, i'd still be paying around $20-$25. I'm not sure if it's worth it :(

Back