• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Making a game inspired by Zelda!

Stockley_

The Director
Bells
Switch
7457-9399-7967
Kapp'n Christmas Doll
Winter Mittens
Hey, everyone!

My cousin and I are attempting to make a game for the very first time! It's going to be a dungeon crawler / RPG, similar to (and inspired by) the Legend of Zelda series! My cousin's in charge of the programming and coding while I'm in charge of the art assets and level design!

I decided to share with you guys a couple images of the first and second dungeon since that's all I have done at the moment. Feedback's appreciated :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2.jpg
    Screenshot_2.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 87
  • Screenshot_1.jpg
    Screenshot_1.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 53
  • Screenshot_7.jpg
    Screenshot_7.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
From what I see, all the colors and designs are consistent and convincing. It certainly seems to be shaping up to become a great project! I'd love to see you make some future updates and posts here!

From what I see, all the colors and designs are consistent and convincing. It certainly seems to be shaping up to become a great project! I'd love to see you make some future updates and posts here!

Thanks for the kind words :)
I'll keep updating this thread and showing the progress we make!

Hey there!
This is awesome to see! :D I'm a game artist myself so it's cool to see other people into similar things on here!
I guess my first question is if you're basing it off a specific game? The only reason I ask, is I'm curious if you're follow the same colour palette, or changing it up?

Regardless, you've got some good depth in your maps :) Looking forward to seeing where you guys take this!

Hey there!
This is awesome to see! :D I'm a game artist myself so it's cool to see other people into similar things on here!
I guess my first question is if you're basing it off a specific game? The only reason I ask, is I'm curious if you're follow the same colour palette, or changing it up?

Regardless, you've got some good depth in your maps :) Looking forward to seeing where you guys take this!

Thank you :)
While I'm not following any specific colour palette, I am looking at dungeons in the Zelda series and seeing their colour schemes as inspiration. Just to see what blends nicely together and what doesn't :)

Added the third dungeon! It's the first dungeon to include multiple floors :D

Back