• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Second 3ds question

TykiButterfree

Such a tease!
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Fossil Easter Egg
Friday the 13th Candy
Spirit Candy: Pierrot
Spirit Candy: Wix
Christmas Candy
Orange Candy
Purple Candy
Blue Candy
Green Candy
Red Candy
I recently bought a used, New 3ds so I can play some of the games that only work on the newer 3ds system. Can I link my Nintendo account to it without having to do a system transfer from my other 3ds? I want to be able to use miiverse and buy a fun theme from the theme shop. Also, would it get confused if I tried playing a game I bought dlc for? For example, I have some dlc maps for Fire Emblem Awakening.

Well, nope I believe you have to do system transfer if you want to keep, or make a complete new one on the other one (unless they forgot to delete theirs).

Also from the NNID FAQ on their page:

Can I register the same Nintendo Network ID on more than one Nintendo 3DS system?

No, this is not possible. Your Nintendo Network ID is tied to your software and/or additional content you have purchased and downloaded. As the rights of usage for software you have purchased apply only to a single Nintendo 3DS family system, you can only register your Nintendo Network ID on one system.

http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1531/~/nintendo-network-id-faq

Only one NNID per 3DS system.

Also if you want to do a system transfer to get all your data and games that are downloads (DLC as well) I reccomend doing a system transfer right away. Also a bigger SD card from the start in your New 3DS if you intend on downloading anything at all. The card it comes with doesn't cut it. And if you create a new NNID seperate for the new 3DS you can't merge it later.

Well that's annoying. I don't really want to do a system transfer. I may try to create a new Nintendo ID later then. Maybe add 'new' to my name. lol I guess it is the black theme for now.

I'll have to try New Leaf on it later. I want to test scanning amiibos on the touch screen. :)

Well that's annoying. I don't really want to do a system transfer. I may try to create a new Nintendo ID later then. Maybe add 'new' to my name. lol I guess it is the black theme for now.

I'll have to try New Leaf on it later. I want to test scanning amiibos on the touch screen. :)

Okay :3

Also, when buying stuff online like themes, I suggest choosing the add sufficent funds thing when going to buy something, it adds the exact ammount need for what youre buying.

Okay :) If you need any more help let me know.

Good luck and yeah it's a bit inconvenient but I understand why they have it or people would scam the heck out of their things, it's pretty much that with everything unless you want dual different accounts that is.

I remember I chose not to transfer due to to the New 3DS XL using a smaller SD card... I have multiple SD cards for my old one due to the space limits and that just won't work out at all for me. (How was I supposed to know they'd change to a smaller SD card in the future?!) Then sadly my old one's battery started malfunctioning and now I'm stuck with just the new one until I can replace the battery.
...And now I refuse to play Smash Bros. 3DS because I had DLC for it on the old 3DS...

I remember I chose not to transfer due to to the New 3DS XL using a smaller SD card... I have multiple SD cards for my old one due to the space limits and that just won't work out at all for me. (How was I supposed to know they'd change to a smaller SD card in the future?!) Then sadly my old one's battery started malfunctioning and now I'm stuck with just the new one until I can replace the battery.
...And now I refuse to play Smash Bros. 3DS because I had DLC for it on the old 3DS...

Yeah I hate that they changed to small cards and that you p much only can do internet transfer thing to your computer unless you like have an adapter for it and stuff ugh.

Okay :3

Also, when buying stuff online like themes, I suggest choosing the add sufficent funds thing when going to buy something, it adds the exact ammount need for what youre buying.

Okay :) If you need any more help let me know.
Huh, I didn't know you could do that. I usually just get a $10 eshop card and then it lasts forever.

My original 3ds has a larger memory card too. And I'm not sure if I have a reader that will make my computer see the smaller size sd card. Could you copy just the Smash dlc data on to the other card? Or does that not work?

Yeah i usually buy eshop cards but I think I used my cards back then as well, at least for the streetpass games..

well no idea about that unless you do an actual transfer..never toyed too much with actual dlc on a 3ds so...

Why didn't you just upgrade to a bigger SD card? Before upgrading to a 64 GB microSD card, I was using a 32 GB card. I successfully copied all the from my old card to my new, bigger card. It works totally fine.

Why didn't you just upgrade to a bigger SD card? Before upgrading to a 64 GB microSD card, I was using a 32 GB card. I successfully copied all the from my old card to my new, bigger card. It works totally fine.

Because I don't have a bigger micro SD card. I can't just buy things whenever I want to. I'm not even the one that bought the 3DS. It was a Christmas gift.

My original 3ds has a larger memory card too. And I'm not sure if I have a reader that will make my computer see the smaller size sd card. Could you copy just the Smash dlc data on to the other card? Or does that not work?

From what I understand, that isn't possible and it will not recognize it if I copy it like that.

Last edited:
Back