• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What features do you NOT want carried over from New Leaf to the rumored AC:SWITCH

Mhh...Personally, I think villagers shouldn't place their houses on any bush, tree, flower, item neither paths, obviously. Of course, randomization can be a good thing, too. Actually, I think it's amusing to try to find a solution to all the problems randomization causes, but I don't like loosing something on which I worked a lot. Also, I'd like a new way of placing PWPs, bushes, trees, flowers etcetera similar to Happy Home Designer's. Maybe we could pay Tom Nook/Isabelle to have the right to decide in which areas villagers can place their houses, too.

So what you're saying is you don't want my lil brother to be able to get his precious cheri or annalisa back?
And amiibo support gives more meaning to the fact I bought that amiibo fest bundle / own tom nook?

I don't want him to get them back without cycling through 16 villagers as it was and as it should be. I'm sure it also gives more meaning to your bundle but what about the people who don't have access? Suddenly the game is no longer as level a playing field. It's a good way for them to milk money out of people for sure though.

The Pwp system. I like PWPs, but I hate the system that has rare randomized suggestions and placing them sucks too.

So.
1. I want you to unlock pwp in a different way. I hate how it's random.
2. I want to pick where they live...Tired of plot resetting for hours.
3. I am mayor, I want to evict villagers lol. No uglies in my town.
4. I want to be able to build on the beach. Now you tell me. What sense does it make to not put your lighthouse on the beach? What about the beach chair pwp? Why isn't that on a beach...
5. I want towns bigger and pwp limit increased.

Okay I could keep going...but I'll stop for now...
Honestly whatever they do for the switch I'm gonna lose it when they announce it lol. So excited
I want villagers to be able to sue for discrimination poor ugly villagers http://m.wikihow.com/Sue-for-Housing-Discrimination

Last edited:
I don't want Blanca to stay the same. I mean it's cool to keep the april fools setup but I want her random visits back and option to color on her face.

Unwanted villagers from the void. I want to be able to play with anybody anytime without the fear of having a random villager crash my or someone elses town.

First thing I'll say is one I haven't seen posted.

1) I think Redd should have a shop in the shopping district. It makes more sense for him than Katrina(once you get her hats she's pointless). It would make it easier fill up the art section in the museum.
2) Fix or remove the pwp system. In the years I've played nl I've never gotten any of the pretty pwps and all I want now is the police station and no one will ask for it. Also I am tired of having to pay for everything by myself. And it's extremely annoying when Isabelle won't let you place something where you want it.
3) Please make it so the shop keepers quit chasing me around the store(if I click and item then come over or talk fro where you are or just have a screen that says price and do you wanna buy). I'm tried of having them crawling up my backside.
4) Stop the grass erosion it's only purpose is it annoy the player. As is forcing us to buy saplings/flowers to get tool upgrades.
5) I do think something should be done about villager house placement. It never bothered me much except when they destroy my flowers. How about when someone wants to move in(and I think there should be several to choose from) the mayor has to approve it and has a say in where they build?
6) stop with Rover and the random questions on the train,just let us pick how we look.
7) The Gracie fashion check is dumb, period. As is bedhead, I shouldn't have to pay for a new do just cause I haven't played lately
8) I'm not a fan of the amiibo function either, I don't have extra money for a reader and the cards.
9) I would really like it if they could make the game less all about money. I know I spend most of my game time upgrading my house/building pwps all of which I have to pay for. Plus planting trees and flowers for perfect town. Then furnishing your house and filling the museum. Once that's done there is nothing left to do. I really think if we must have pwps villagers need to pay for them,especially the one who requests it.

So what you're saying is you don't want my lil brother to be able to get his precious cheri or annalisa back?
And amiibo support gives more meaning to the fact I bought that amiibo fest bundle / own tom nook?
Ok ok *Phew* enough ( how I see it ) "attacking" someone :O

No: I want the process of getting your favorite villagers, items, etc., not to be tied so much into external payment. There should be a way to get them easier without the Amiibo's. The way to do so, however I'd let the creators figure it out. :)

Last edited:
I don't like that the button for speeding up dialogue is also the button to deny villagers a favor. I read fast and I've accidentally denied villagers a request I could have easily done and wanted to say yes to.

I have done this so many times too :mad:

-the PWPs. i hate how we have to rely on luck/RNG to get PWPs. as a time traveler i hate how rare PWP suggestions are. imagine for those who dont time travel at all.
-PWP placement. the limited placement option is just stupid. i dont need to say more.
-PWPs limit. i dont need to say more on this.
-The amiibo thing. dont think we dont know what your real motive is behind the update nintendo. you just wanna milk our money. you dont care about the players but just money. that being said, i dont mind spending the money because i have money but i hate how rare some amiibos are and its a pain in the ass to search for a rare amiibo or card.
-ROCKS! OH GOD WHAT ARE THE ****ING POINT OF RANDOM ROCKS IN OUR TOWN?! THEY'RE JUST WASTE OF SPACE AND AN EYESORE TO LOOK AT! WHATS WORSE U CANT EVEN DESTROY THOSE PERMANENT ONES!

well that all for now.

- - - Post Merge - - -

and also, please make the next main AC stay on the 3DS smh. the 3DS is already getting lesser and lesser quality games already.

Last edited:
As a longterm player of AC I actually hope they nuke the entire concept of Animal Crossing and start over.

I don't think I want to see another game that you're mayor in. I prefer the more 'small-time villager' angle

The small towns. I really liked my huge town in City Folk. And my forked river in CF and WW

I would also want Tom Nook to be the shop owner rather than the Nookling Brothers. Someone else can sell the housing exteriors, maybe just put it in Nookington's. I like Nookington's a lot better than T&T Emporium...

Last edited:
Most of my complaints / annoyances with the game come from the PWP's lmao
1. I hate hate hate having to do the diving trick and then basically hoping I get lucky to get a PWP I want. I don't even want to know exactly how long it took me to get someone to suggest the fairy tale bridge. Also the placement of PWPs is so darn annoying. I hate having an idea of where I want to put something and then I realize it's too close to another PWP or building.
2. I want a bigger town and more than 10 villagers. The town feels a bit small sometimes and I think we should get at least 12? villagers.
3. I want the ability to evict villagers. I've accidentally had other people's voided villagers move in and I hate not being to get rid of them quickly without time traveling.
4. I want to pick where my villagers live without basically covering my entire town in QR codes and plot resetting.
5. The map choices. This is just because I'm super picky lol but I wish they'd ask us how many ponds / rocks we want in a town and then show us maps based on what we picked. I hated resetting for maps and all four of my choices would have 3/4/5 ponds.

I don't want:

Grass deterioration

Cicadas

Mosquitoes

Pitfall seeds
:mad:

I also would like rid of Redd from the town plaza.
Probably an unpopular opinion but I would like rid of the fireworks show in August, bug off and fishing tourney, I'm just so bored of them :rolleyes:

As a longterm player of AC I actually hope they nuke the entire concept of Animal Crossing and start over.

I don't think I want to see another game that you're mayor in. I prefer the more 'small-time villager' angle
That's actually a really good idea! Because if you look at acpg to ww it's totally different but we to CF is so identical but CF to Acnl WHAT it's sooo good! So itd be nice to get a whole different set up almost completely redone soundtrack with a few being the same such as some shops new art style but give us a subtle way of pwps because you're not mayor

-While this might be an unpopular opinion: The Amiibo Functionality must go away. To me, this is borderline microtransactions, the way it gives players the rights to villagers, items and minigame advantages over other players. Give everyone a level playing field here!

Are you absolutely insane? Without amibo, I probably wouldn't be playing ACNL with the satisfaction that all my characters are splatoon related. (And, I hope to make Marie and Callie's house splatoon related as well!)

Also, you can easily get amibo items from other players for what, 2-3 TBT each? So cheap!

Last edited:
1. 15 villagers. (or 20)
2.the dump
3. the big lotus
4. multi level town
5. bigger towns
6. porches
7. more fruits
8. better dialogue
9. more/better pwps like a gazebo
10 more pwp colors
11. lay down pwps en mass.
12. new villagers OR all the villagers from all ac games
13. more hair/skin options
14. big qrs for wallpapers and floors
15. being able to zoom in outside
16. more bushes, flowers.
17. more colors.
18. Better anti-theft/destroy features like disabling axe and shovel for guests unless you say otherwise, or making certain areas for pick up and you cant pick up anything outside that area. or something like "So and so has picked up a black lilly, allow?' yes/no"

Honestly I think the answer to this is to have 2 game modes
One for just casual playing and another for people who want complete control over their towns development

Back