What features do you NOT want carried over from New Leaf to the rumored AC:SWITCH

Let me plant cedar saplings all over my map. I get the concept, but I can get across my entire town running in like, what, 1min? The climate is not THAT different, come on now.

I could go for new items, bigger home expansions, new villagers (specifically more cats), increased value of fishes/bugs, inability to TT forward, more ordinancea, different pwp's, non eroding grass, letters from dad more than once a year, larger number of visitors so you could throw parties and the ability to kick one person out so you dont have to end the whole session, more hybrids, more brewster items, maybe the option to work for the museum (do tours or something?) more gracie clothing options, and a sable sisters upgradeable store. Things i wouldnt like to carry over is the slim likelyhood or amount of jacobs ladders/clovers to spawn, the feature where villagers can steal eachother's sayings/greetings and how they ask for bugs/fish (or moreso that they wouldnt display it in their home if yoi did give it to them), the annoying process of filling the catalog, as in itd be better if nook sold pieces all from the same set each day just randomized each time, the ability for villagers to move during the time you're not playing, the way only certain personality types can ask for certain pwp's, and the small keyboard -_-

The villagers should NOT be able to steal other villager's clothes and catchphrases. It's annoying as poop. :mad:

inability to TT forward, non eroding grass,

um, some people have a certain playstyle (like me) that likes to play around with the time. Also I like the grass erosion.

There's some things that annoy me, but the one feature I want removed altogether is tripping. It seems like a small thing, but it just infuriates me for some reason.

It would be nice to be able to change the placements of permanent rocks as well. I have so many otherwise great layout ideas that are always ruined by an inconveniently placed rock

Another thing that gets in the way of layouts for me - design storage. If you want to do a proper-looking path with edges, that pretty much kills all the free spaces for patterns you have! God forbid if you want to have multiple types of paths...

Also, I understand that people think random villager house locations are important, but at the very least I'd like to see villagers NOT move directly onto trees that I just planted or in some remote location behind a store :mad:

I think that being able to change colours of clothes would be cool as well, in the same way that you can change the colours of furniture. Speaking of clothes, it would be nice to be able to wear more then one accessory at once (why CAN'T I wear glasses and a rose at the same time?) Maybe they could split accessories into a "mouth" and "eyes" category, and some accessories just cover the whole face?

There's alot of things that alot of people listed that I also definitely agree with on here. As for me, I honestly wish they got rid of villager borrowing catchphrases and clothes, the lack of villagers and special characters' dialogue, rocks being all over the town as they prevent you from having PWPs and other stuff and they look iffy as heck, losing balloons when tripping, tripping in general because of bad luck, um some of the fashion that appears on Main Street, yeah, can't stand them, buying alot of Main Street places maybe? I kind of wish Dream Suite was a place we could automatically go to, and also having a chance to relocate the Mayor's or player's house would be cool too instead of resetting the game (since I had temptations to do so just because of the houses didn't look right in my town, weird I know). Apart from that, I can't really think up of anything else. Too many people already said what I was going to say for the most part. But I'm all for new changes that'll improve the game too so there's that.

Last edited:
Beautiful Town prevents grass wear. I don't mind them keeping grass wear itself since some people like dirt paths, but I personally hate the wear! On that note, I think that a remodeled town hall or whatever should allow you to have two ordinances at a time, as more of a reward for getting a perfect town.

Also, why do new rooms start at the smallest size? Didn't they start as medium in earlier games? Come on, Nook!

I would personally love to see some of the villager/ NPC personalities come back! They streamlined a lot of the characters and personalities from WW in NL to make it mor kid friendly or whatever? I don't know. I just know that, even though it was super annoying listening to Blathers talking on and on and having Resetti shouting in my face, at least they had personalities? Also, more villager dialogue variation...

Random house placement and picking up voids from streetpass or another player for the 10th villager need to go.

There should be an option for random or place the house. Isabelle can tell us a new villager is moving in. Option random or place the house. She can be waiting outside or you could run up to Nooks and show him the spot.

No having the new villager standing in a house full of boxes. Instead you get to met them at the train station and help them place items in their house. Give them a housewarming gift and get to know them.

No theme or HHA points. I went with it on the first year but stopped. Beds don't need to be part of the set and why do we need sets? More freedom. Pictures on the table need to go. I finally moved my villagers pictures downstairs to make room of other stuff.

Fix the limit on items in a room. Stuff on the walls shouldn't count.
Fix the rooms upstairs so you have a small room for a bathroom or a closet for the bedroom.

Turn the PWP in all directions and let us walk around the area before making up our minds.

Fix the map when you make a new town. Show us what the perfect fruit is and let us favorite maps. Than we can go back and look thru the ones we want.

Get rid of the lucky item of the day. Most want to wear their own design. Not interested in a King's Beard or boots in the summer.

Make the island bigger. The beach is too small. Allow us to bring items to the island and decorate it. Not one item at a time.

If it's the switch I hope we can trade with our other towns thru a letter. I'm not buying 2 switches to trade with myself.

Keep count of the total for the badges.

Last edited:
Are you absolutely insane? Without amibo, I probably wouldn't be playing ACNL with the satisfaction that all my characters are splatoon related. (And, I hope to make Marie and Callie's house splatoon related as well!)

Also, you can easily get amibo items from other players for what, 2-3 TBT each? So cheap!

I'm going to repeat this again, 2 pages back:

No: I want the process of getting your favorite villagers, items, etc., not to be tied so much into external payment. There should be a way to get them easier without the Amiibo's. The way to do so, however I'd let the creators figure it out. :)

I hope they make your character more customizable, and easily accessible. Things like; Skin colour, hair length, height, weight, being able to choose eye shape, face shape, more hairstyles.

I suppose this would take away the cuteness of the characters, but I think it'd be nice to be able to feel like you're in the game, rather than just as close as you can get to it.

To be honest, I hope it doesn't come to Switch, because I can't afford one and it'd be so upsetting to watch people play it :'(

I hope they skip the shirt exchange thing between the villagers. I hate it when they change into ugly shirts.

Back