• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What features do you NOT want carried over from New Leaf to the rumored AC:SWITCH

InterestingOtaku

Nobody's a hero when they're crying for air...
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
User Title Color Change
Cake
3 Envelopes
There's been a lot of talk about the possibility of an AC on the switch (I expect it tbh) So I ask... What features in New Leaf do you pray won't be carried over?

Personally, I'm really hoping you get to decide where villagers move in to an extent. Maybe a PWP that villagers will move on first? Then if there are none left they'll move to a random spot? Idk tbh xD

1. How randomized PWP suggestions are.

2. How randomized villager placement is. As you've said, it would be ideal to pick where villagers get to move. Maybe something like a "house lot" PWP in collaboration with Nook's Homes or something.

I really enjoy most of the features on ACNL, but one thing I could do without is Happy Home ratings. I really like the showcase but I just don't think the rating you get for your house really reflects how beautiful your home is.

I really enjoy most of the features on ACNL, but one thing I could do without is Happy Home ratings. I really like the showcase but I just don't think the rating you get for your house really reflects how beautiful your home is.

This reminds me of the feeling I get when I do a Gracie Fashion check. I always think, "I can't believe the designer of the Gorgeous Series likes this outfit."

Personally, I like the villager randomization. If things weren't random, the game would be boring for you. You need to adapt to new situations. What I'd want from a new game is more of what we have; more land, more villagers, more rooms in houses, larger rooms, the cross-spacing from HHD, more people in your town at one time, more fruit, more bugs and fish, more fossils, more customizable everything.

The problem is impatience precedes most people in their quest to enjoy Animal Crossing.

I'd like a change of design for perfect oranges; something that actually looks good and not mutant.

Oh, and everything closing at night even with the late ordinance. At least make the ordinance worth using Nintendo.

Last edited:
PWP suggestions shouldn't be so rare and placing them shouldn't be so clunky. Perhaps permanent PWPs could be moved for a fee.

All of the above, plus more grass. Duh...:rolleyes: Oops, to go along with the OP, I do NOT want eroding grass!

Last edited:
I don't want grass disappearing, I want you to be able to choose where villagers houses can be, I want more villagers, I want the workout days from gamecube to come back lol!

I want to cancel a pwp being built if it's in the wrong spot, and be able to make another pwp in the same day. Like, Isabelle says it'll be built at night, so nothing's built, but then when you want to cancel she's like "oh we'll take it down at night" there's nothing there yet, Isabelle! Come on lol!!

I wouldn't want the balloon furniture, I like it being random objects like in gamecube. Oh and Jingle should start giving the retro nintendo games again! They were so much fun!

Oh and I would like the name of your town and villager to be longer. I have to spell Rilakkuma with only one k :\

I want to have it so villagers that you really like, that have been in your town for three years, that you talk to every day, don't want to randomly just leave for no reason. Also, I don't really get what the "void" is, like within the data, but I don't want it in the next AC game. If a character you like moves away, and then moves back, they should remember you.

Also, I don't like players having control over what NPC villagers wear. I feel like it's too easily abused.

Oh and I would like the name of your town and villager to be longer. I have to spell Rilakkuma with only one k :\

I forgot about this. This limit has peeved me so bad since Wild World. Even if the limit was increased to 10 characters (instead of 8) it would provide so many more possibilities.

I would want to be able to pick the exact spot where a villager moves, be able to dress the villagers however you want, be able to customize the villagers' houses, have a feature that allows you to keep certain villagers from moving (like only ones you dislike will ask to move or if you like all your villagers none of them will move out ever), have a camper every single day so that you always have either a tent or an igloo, allow items and fruit to fall on designs and not disappear, have way more slots for designs, be able to pick your eyes and skin color from the beginning, be able to pick your town fruit, more town fruit options, make it not so difficult to please Gracie, be able to use designs that aren't yours on the custom-design sign PWP, more PWPs, make it way easier to unlock PWPs, be able to move the police station and Reset Center, much more flower choices and colors, make it easier to grow flowers, be able to grow Jacob's ladders.

Randomized villager move-ins, the fact that you can't have more than one town ordinance, how hard it is to get public works projects, the fact that some PWP can't be removed, having to pay to remove PWP

So.
1. I want you to unlock pwp in a different way. I hate how it's random.
2. I want to pick where they live...Tired of plot resetting for hours.
3. I am mayor, I want to evict villagers lol. No uglies in my town.
4. I want to be able to build on the beach. Now you tell me. What sense does it make to not put your lighthouse on the beach? What about the beach chair pwp? Why isn't that on a beach...
5. I want towns bigger and pwp limit increased.

Okay I could keep going...but I'll stop for now...
Honestly whatever they do for the switch I'm gonna lose it when they announce it lol. So excited

-Wallet Size to be 99,999 Bells. Make it 999,999 Bells
-Club Tortimer (or other online reunions that kids can use)
-Make PWPs something you can ask villagers for (but put a limit on how many PWPs can show up in your directory)

- more spaces for patterns
- house decorating like in HHD. ceiling stuff, how you can place items in the middle of the table, etc. would be really nice!
- less space restrictions with PWPs. i really want a bench right next to streetlights. :\

I hope they don't make another one!
I'm not forking out for another system and game.
I just got THIS!

Many of these requests sound more like improving existing features than removing them. :/

For the ones I want ditched:

-Grass Deterioration and mud spots must go away - or at least have a very easy way to fix them later in the game.
-Permanent Rocks must die.
-The unpredictable move-ins and move-outs, like many here been annoyed with. I don't like the RNG controlling these attributes at all.
-While this might be an unpopular opinion: The Amiibo Functionality must go away. To me, this is borderline microtransactions, the way it gives players the rights to villagers, items and minigame advantages over other players. Give everyone a level playing field here!

OMG HOW DID I FORGET THIS! I want Cranky villagers to be meaner! I know that sounds odd, but I like the idea of having a town grump that everyone gets annoyed with! Like, I have vladimir in my town. And if he was this tiny cute pink cub with a nasty attitude I would laugh so much!

Back