• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What features do you NOT want carried over from New Leaf to the rumored AC:SWITCH

They need to get rid of villagers giving you tutorials on how to do certain things after a certain amount of time. It's fine when you first start your town, but the fact they still try and tell you how to stack fruit or how to customize furniture when you've had your town for years is annoying.

They also need to ditch the rumors. All my villagers do is constantly talk about how bad rumors are. They don't have any fresh dialogue. It annoys me so much to hear, "Did you hear so-and-so is allergic to peach cobbler? Just kidding. I made that up. See how easily rumors spread?" over and over again

They need to get rid of villagers giving you tutorials on how to do certain things after a certain amount of time. It's fine when you first start your town, but the fact they still try and tell you how to stack fruit or how to customize furniture when you've had your town for years is annoying.

They also need to ditch the rumors. All my villagers do is constantly talk about how bad rumors are. They don't have any fresh dialogue. It annoys me so much to hear, "Did you hear so-and-so is allergic to peach cobbler? Just kidding. I made that up. See how easily rumors spread?" over and over again

100% agree.

The villagers are boring.

Pitiful clones of their WW selves.

Yeah those tutorials are really annoying. Also the bad moving out system where they ping you way too randomly about it and that you have to check every day so they don't. I mean day/night cycle is fine but really that ping RNG needs to be gone.

Also better coding in the game on where to place stuff like, when they tell you no but you actually have space wth man.

i hate the feature of the fact that the same button to pick up items is the same button to remove patterns on the ground. i wish the button to remove patterns off the ground could be placed on a less "Accident- prone" button. like one of the trigger buttons or something.

i do not like villager randomization of houses. at least make it an option to place it for the villager houses. so those who like the random can still do it random.

i hate the feature of the fact that the same button to pick up items is the same button to remove patterns on the ground. i wish the button to remove patterns off the ground could be placed on a less "Accident- prone" button. like one of the trigger buttons or something.

i do not like villager randomization of houses. at least make it an option to place it for the villager houses. so those who like the random can still do it random.

yeah especially with Switch if they actually shove it on there, and yeah that was annoying when I actually had paths. Also make the Nintendo Wi-fi more stable when doing online business, but that goes for all their consoles tbh.

I thought of this just now when I ordered my second ACNL copy. To make towns more unique from one another, wouldn't it be amazing to employ your secretary of choice for yourself, possibly from any of your villagers? They could be customizable as well, such as choosing their shirt for their uniform. Maybe make the mayors office customizable too. This would make peoples towns feel so much more individual.

Really all I REALLY want is dialogue more like WW! I want the cranky and snooty villagers to be cranky and snooty and don't want them to carry on the bland personalities from acnl.

GRASS DETERIORATION!!!!!! I don't like grass patches either. I hope they at least modify the level of deterioration and make it easier to grow grass back. Possibly something like fertilizer but for grass? Like you said, I would hate having to plot reset in the new game. I really hope they let us choose where to place villagers' houses. I'd like if they let us choose where to put Retail, the town hall, the plaza too. I hope they don't give us the 10 villager limit again. I think 12 would be nice. I also hope they give us a preview before customizing furniture so we have an idea about what we're getting.

I do not want the only gyroid storage to be 4 things in Club LOL. Bring back Brewster as a collector or make it an actual museum exhibit! I also don't want Sable to become boring after unlocking the QR machine. I'd love if there was a reason to still talk to her everyday, like it unlocks exclusive clothes or something. I also would love for bamboo to be less annoying to deal with. I love how it looks, but I hate having to dig up all the shoots. I also would love it if villager's houses wouldn't fill up with fish, bugs, and clothes. I love how villager houses look at first, and despite my best efforts they always end up ruined. I don't want all the furniture to be unchanging, but I would at least like things looking nice.

I don't like that the button for speeding up dialogue is also the button to deny villagers a favor. I read fast and I've accidentally denied villagers a request I could have easily done and wanted to say yes to.

Fashion checks to upgrade the store being super random. Actually being awarded the golden net and pole because I didn't know they even were a thing. I mean by the time I caught all the bugs and fish I quit caring about the tourneys. Bring back letting me use a shirt to change the background of the item screen. Make it so street pass items can be gotten other ways for rural players. Get rid of club lol I always forget to see kk because I never go there.

- - - Post Merge - - -

*rod golden fishing rod , I always call it a fishing pole
Get rid of the stupid buy 50 of whatever to get a gold axe ect. You used to actually do something it's annoying

How you have limited pockets and how you can get fake paintings from redd!

I think it would be nice if the villagers had some unique traits instead of just being clumped into the different categories that pretty much say and do the same thing. I know that there are many villagers out there already but it would just be a nice touch if they had a unique back story and a few original sentences at least.

This has already been said, but ERODING GRASS. Also, streetpass items. I liked buying them from Phineas.

-While this might be an unpopular opinion: The Amiibo Functionality must go away. To me, this is borderline microtransactions, the way it gives players the rights to villagers, items and minigame advantages over other players. Give everyone a level playing field here!

It is microtransactions, isn't it? You pay for the cards and the figures to get things in game players cannot otherwise have. (Mixed with Pay-DLC I suppose.) I don't buy it and I won't buy it. I 100% agree with you here, very disappointed when I found this was part of the update. Reminds me of when I had to buy (or I suppose "rent" since it needs paying for every year) PokeBank to get PokeTransporter to move my Pokemon from Gen 5 to Gen 6. Stop it Nintendo.

I would like a setting to lock your favorite villagers in town so they can't randomly move on you if you haven't played in a while. It would save me a bunch of tting. It would also be nice to have the option of more than one town ordinance. I would use night owl and beautiful if I could.

The only thing I really don't want is the grass erosion, I know some people like it for natural paths but I rather it be optional then like an ordinance you could have.

-While this might be an unpopular opinion: The Amiibo Functionality must go away. To me, this is borderline microtransactions, the way it gives players the rights to villagers, items and minigame advantages over other players. Give everyone a level playing field here!
So what you're saying is you don't want my lil brother to be able to get his precious cheri or annalisa back?
And amiibo support gives more meaning to the fact I bought that amiibo fest bundle / own tom nook?
Ok ok *Phew* enough ( how I see it ) "attacking" someone :O Ok now what I DONT want in ac switch is

1.i Don't want such a hard way of maintaining deteriorated grass I really don't see the big deal it takes forever to make and is easy to get rid of
2. I Don't want such small towns give us ( WARNING LUDACRIS-Y ALERT ) high chance huge 3 tier towns ( as in with a low chance of 2 tiers ) WAYY bigger then CF give us a chance for our creativity to Blossom
3. I Don't want crankys and snootys to be so nice! I loved emulating ( on my Wii ?m a ADDVANCED hAcKeR ) ac pg and seeing how just simply rood they were!
4. I Don't Want Amazingly random placement I don't want exact placement but just influence them in a zone
5.I Dont Want such a small villager limit! Give us *comical awe voice* 20 villagers!
Edit. How could I forget this!
6. I Don't want such annoying tanning! Just place it in a "tone group" then let you go from there ooor a tanning salon!

Last edited:
>Grass erosion.
>Limited inventory space. At least give us a backpack or something. ;-;
>I don't really like the shopping area. I don't mind the concept of it but something needs to be done differently, imo.
>PWP & house placement. I really wish they would let us manually place PWPs where we want them instead of asking Isabelle to put something somewhere and it either can't go there or she won't put it in the right place.
>The watered down backstories & details regarding the special characters.
>The watered down villager personalities. The villagers get really boring after a while, which makes me very sad. (good thing pure imagination helps with keeping them alive) They always say the same things over and over, and with a max of 8 personalities, which is nowhere near enough, it gets old fast. I really hope they add a ton of new conversations or at least more personalities in the next game.
>Villagers spreading their shirts and catchphrases like diseases. I really hope they change this.. I can't stand it.
>Let us have more than 10 villagers. If they make the map bigger, which they should, there should be plenty of room. I think a max of 15 villagers would be nice. I would say 20, but that's pushing it.

Wishful thinking, but if there really is a new AC game coming out soon, I hope that it's announced before the end of this year.

The old way of moving furniture, I'm so used to the Happy Home Designer way that I don't want to go back.

Back