• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

animal crossing hiatus syndrome

idiotdoomspiral

=__=
Apple 🍎
Persimmon 🍅
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Island
Alyse
Pink Crescent Moon
Moon Bunny
Yellow Crescent Moon
Ocean Pearl
Oarfish Head
Oarfish Body
Oarfish Body
Oarfish Tail
Silver Moon Jellyfish
Red Super Star Trophy
i think most people have a hiatus every-so-often in acnl. i've been on a hiatus for about 3 months since i was unhappy with my town but i've just reset my town for a completely fresh start
how long have your hiatus(es) been? i think my longest has been around 8 months lol

My longest was close to a year with new leaf. The reason was kinda funny too, I got pregnant in October of 2015 and had horrible morning sickness. I stopped playing because even the game reminded me of being sick and I couldn't even look at it anymore. In September or October 2016 I picked it back up again and found I wasn't repulsed, and it was something fun to do to have a break from mom life haha. I've been playing pretty much ever since!

I've gone on 2 so far. First one was for about 4 months because i was unhappy with my town. Then after resetting, 3 of my dreamies moved out. And I lost the patience to either replace or cycle for them. Then I recently came back from a year and 3 month long one, mostly due to other games. but I'm glad I did! I now have all my dreamies!

I'd say my longest was probably 6/7 months

It's been four months since I last played Animal Crossing: New Leaf. Even if I enjoyed the game a lot and the game having tonnes and tonnes of items to collect, there's only so much it could retain my interest. I've reached to a point where getting whatever thing I'm missing feels too "grindy".

My longest was 6 months, which was shortly after I started playing. My town was pretty boring, and I just didn't feel like playing.

my longest was probably almost 2 years lmao

i have a rly strong emotional attachment to my town so i refuse to reset, i bought the game and played it within the week it came out here so that's probably why, but i have a major issue with it (my map - mainly where the campsite and where my house are - i chose both years ago so they are both awful and not very considerately placed) so every so often i just get tired of being frustrated with my town and leave it for a while. other times i just get too busy or forget about it, unfortunately. my last hiatus was almost a year, which coincided with losing my DS and being busy with college

2 Years. I wasn't enjoying the game as i wish so i leave the game completely. I'm back and start enjoying it better cause i was curious about my town.

About two years, when I started college I had dropped it, but I then got addicted again. I recently dropped the game for a bit because I was spending too much time on it and more important things were not getting done. I also feel like I do not have much left to do and I'm feeling kinda lazy about whatever little thing is left.

I haven't played it for 2 or 3 years now... I have to clean a huge item mess I've made, somehow fix my full mail storage, I got tired of having to check if anyone is moving (I made sure no one can during the hiatus), and I don't wanna reset. The update did not bring my mood back even with the extra item storage I heard about. I've still been on hiatus.
Happy Home Designer is thankfully less stressful for me since no one moves out and the only limits that could possibly bug me are the custom design limit and how much furniture is allowed in one room. (And maybe how many rooms a house can have? But having every villager's house probably takes up enough of the game's space anyway.)

My longest was 1 year and several months after. I've played actively since launch up to middle of 2015 then went into hiatus. I wouldn't come back if not for the big update and new (returning) villagers. I'm into a mini hiatus again lately though, like I only almost play once a week. I used to play everyday and a lot since the update but the NS, specifically BotW, always gets my AC time lol

Back