• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Best live show you have been to?

helenkeller

fecal sewage ♥
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Have you been to any concerts? Comedian acts? Or plays????

I have been to two Bieber concerts, a NSN concert.

The opening acts I have seen at these all combined: Sean Kingston, Jasmine V, Burnham brothers, Mike posner, Hot chelle rae, A rocket to the moon, (theres one more but i didn't like them enough to remember...)

The best one I have had to be the JB one..... Sorry not sorry haha he is a great dancer and performer.

The first real live show I almost went to was Mythbusters live. It was the day of the show, and I ended getting really sick and missing it. No ticket refunds here. The first live show I ACTUALLY went to was cirque du soleil, and I really loved that. I also saw Ricky Kalmon perform once. Unfortunately, I was not one of the people hypnotized.

OWL. CITY. He was phenomenal, best concert ever. Even my parents who took me both loved it.

Is owl city actually good live? I only heard two of their songs but they didn't seem like the live performing type that's awesome!! I didn't expect mike posner to sound the same and oh lord, it was wonderful....

even though everyone hates Justin Bieber he actually sings really great without pre recordings. his acoustics are great... he also hurt himself at the one I went to in 2011.... He tripped and twisted his ankle and still danced the whole time and sang for us. The girl who got one less lonely girl gave her flowers to the girls who didn't get picked (I seen a comment on a video of another fan showing gratitude for the kindness)

I'm not a screamer either but i yelled for chris ignle and not JB to be obnoxious I guess? A huge security guard seen me and my ex best friend (were v short) and he like gave me the "look" and gesture to come over, and he lead us to the front of the barricades.

after we left... my friends dad really had the audacity to say

"yeah I was in the bar and my buddy works here I could have got you guys back stage if I asked." ugh lol

sorry for rambling so many good vibes and memories

- - - Post Merge - - -

I almost got tickets to the MJ cirque du soleil and me and the same girl i seen NSN with never got the tickets

Is owl city actually good live? I only heard two of their songs but they didn't seem like the live performing type that's awesome!!

Common misconception. Owl City is not a band, it's actually a one man musical project. Adam Young writes and records all the songs in the studio by himself.(unless he's collaborating of course) But when he's on tour he plays with a band.(which is great)

The live shows have more of a rock and roll feel to the songs rather than the techno feel of the studio recordings. So it's really fun to get a slightly different feel on the songs you already know and love.

I might be a bit biased though, as he's my favorite musician ever. But I will never forget the whole room singing at the top of their lungs to every song, especially Fireflies.
So yeah, if you're at all a fan of Owl City definitely do not miss the chance to see him live. It's well worth it :)

I went to a live show of Les Miserables. It was fantastic! It wasn't on Broadway though, and it was a very small stage. But I loved every bit of it. It was very strange to hear the music without British accents though (it was an American/Canadian production). I found it a bit distracting, hehe

For musicals, the Book of Mormon was really great. For concerts though B1A4 was the best I've seen live! I absolutely love them and got to meet them after. It was amazing :)

I've actually seen B1A4 twice, but the first time was the best. Besides them I've seen Astronautalis, BAP, Boyfriend, A Pink, VIXX, HaHa and Kim Jong Kook from Running man, and when Seventeen come to Dallas I'll see them, too. I've also been to an Smtown show, which is just every artist in the company. Just a lot of kpop concerts lol!

Sweeney Todd by the Welsh National Opera. Best live performance I've ever seen.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I've been trying to see crywank live for a while now.

I feel like I'm really missing some, but here's what came to mind:

For musicals, I've only ever really been to ones at schools around where I live because if we were ever bored on a Friday night my dad I would just buy tickets and go to a high school show. My favorite one was How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying, because the kids in it were so talented and good for their roles. I saw it again at another high school two years later, and it just didn't compare. And also, it's probably hard to believe that a middle school musical was any good, but I saw my cousin's eighth grade show, Bye Bye Birdie, and I thought it was really great. The kids were really talented, and a lot of them were pretty serious about it, especially for being so young.

And then for concerts, I've only ever really been to one, and it was one of my favorite days in my life. I saw Kelly Clarkson in August of 2015 after winning tickets on the radio by texting in with every phone in our household and entering through email too. Kelly Clarkson was my first big "she's my favorite singer" moment when I was a kid, so the chance to see her in person was so exciting. About two weeks before this, I had had surgery to remove my large intestine after nearly a year of suffering with a chronic illness called ulcerative colitis. As soon as that large intestine came out, I was like a new person. I felt so much better. And I was able to go to that Kelly Clarkson concert and sit there singing along to songs I had loved since I was a little kid. It was really amazing, and I definitely sat there crying while singing along haha.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Wow this got very long-winded, sorry about that everybody

going to watch the tempest in stratford. ive never been an avid fan of theatres, and this one wasnt the best thing ive ever seen, but it was certainly an experience.

I love reading long passages people put on my threads because I have no irl friends LOL no worries.

I made this thread because I woke up and Impractical Jokers was on, and it was an episode of them on the tour bus and such. I really wanna see one of their shows now!

I wanna see another show of some sort... like mayday parade... I am itching to see them perform 12 through 15 live, I would probably break out in tears that song helped me so much especially when I was at a mental hospital. I only had one chance to listen to it there and that's because the hospital teacher let us play one song each on his phone... I made everyone shut up when listening to it and I sat there and read every single word that came across the screen. the last four days of that week that song kept playing in my head and made everything better. I would also love to see breaking Benjamin. I am really glad they got their band back together for a new album because when I discovered them they were broken up.

I am the "I am here for the music" type person though. I don't treat people who are famous like objects. My mom really had no other choice than to put in head phones at the first one, because this girl legit screamed in her ear. The next day I could barely hear.

Oh and in my childhood I went to a lot of fights. I know its not the place for most children but I had to go because my dad used to be a karate instructor and boxer. never seen my dad fight though only in videos.. if this counts as well.

and I know this isn't related to topic... but my grandfather met Muhammad ali and has a freaking picture with him! That is what I call LEGENDARY. Even though I haven't talked to him in years, if he passes, I NEEEED that picture.

I cannot believe it! I was watching that EXACT same show this morning! I LOVE Impractical Jokers!

I love the jokers so much. I watch it every day even if its a repeat. Still watching now :D

Top 3 Musicals: The Lion King, Avenue Q, The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

The Lion King was my first musical and it was incredible. It was a treat from a friend's Dad when we finished secondary school: a four-day trip to London, a four-star hotel room, and tickets to the show. I waited a decade to see Avenue Q after first coming across videos on YouTube and it was absolutely worth the wait. Loved every second. I've seen TRHPS twice ? the second time I took my mother to see it as a birthday gift ? and I'd go a third if I get the chance!

Top 3 Gigs: Big Bang, Katy Perry, Blutengel

These are the most elaborate and amazing shows that I've been to. Big Bang and Blutengel I travelled specifically for (London and Berlin respectively) and both times my mind was blown. Although I've been to some incredibly intimate smaller gigs by the likes of Amanda Palmer, Boy George, Aesthetic Perfection, and William Control. While the top three I picked had stunning stage performances (heavy on props, dancing, etc) there's something incredible about being at a show so small that you get the chance to be really up close with the performers and interact with them.

Never been to one, unfortunately. After everything that's happened I don't think I'll ever get the chance to go either.

Was looking forward to the possibility of seeing Lady Gaga in London, or maybe the Lazarus musical, but fat chance now.

Probably those times I've seen Alice Cooper, cause he's really awesome to see live. Not overly fanatic fan of his even though I like his stuff but yeah his live shows are worth going for. Also Jackson Browne in terms of performance that sounds really nice and genuine :3

Never been to one, unfortunately. After everything that's happened I don't think I'll ever get the chance to go either.

Was looking forward to the possibility of seeing Lady Gaga in London, or maybe the Lazarus musical, but fat chance now.

That's a shame. It hadn't even occurred to me that people might be hesitant now.

I've tickets to see Marilyn Manson in December and so psyched.

That's a shame. It hadn't even occurred to me that people might be hesitant now.

I've tickets to see Marilyn Manson in December and so psyched.

Same. I mean I wouldn't really just stop going because of that, even if I live in Sweden and we had terrorists around. Although if you live closer to Manchester and it actually was at a concert. But still can't let those gnomes get in the way for what we love. It could happen anywhere.

Looking forward to a few concert this summer around here hopefully. Haven't really checked out for the rest of the year.. Not too fat chance I will actually see those I really, really love tho :p

Hey Bowie, are you from England where the terrorist bombing just happened? I would like to warn you most concerts don't metal detect. I went to two sold out JB concerts and never got patted down or anything. (it needs to be done no matter who you are regardless for safety measures)

But when I went into the House of Blues, CLE they used a metal detecting wand. I had my shirt tucked into my skinny jeans and they checked near my belt as well. And got the typical pat down
Also at Cedar Point, they never do that either. I went for halloweekends and got metal detected for the first time (this would make my second time being searched). They also only did it like once.
Maybe it was just a test run but my friend who went the weekend before I did, didn't get searched...

Millions of people come here every year including foreigners who come for the summer to work. It gets really scary knowing that. Not because they're a different race either (sad that I have to mention it but everyone plays the race card bs nowadays).
It's because I have no idea who these people are and there's thousands of people at these places every day and it could be a potential target and their security is the worst!!! I would know because I got in a fist fight (sorrynotsorry) and NOTHING happened.... I also freaking STOLE from a store, I'm not trying to brag about it, it was just candy.... But I literally grabbed it and left. I know how you feel about this situation. I don't think concerts or shows will be banned but I would definitely be careful.

- - - Post Merge - - -

YOU JUST CALLED THEM GNOMES IM DEAD. Alice cooper is a legend though so you're lucky!

I've been to a lot of concerts. Back in the day, I went to a lot of local scene gigs and also Warped Tour once. I saw The Devil Wears Prada there and All Time Low to name a few. This was back in 2008. I've also seen Marina and the Diamonds 3 times (she's amazing), Ed Sheeran, Arcade Fire, and One Direction (twice). If you had asked me what my best concert experience was a year ago, I would have said my second time seeing 1d. I had floor seats, 9th row. It was amazing. But in April I got to see BTS live and that was the best night ever. My seats weren't even good but they just put on such an amazing show. I recently saw Dean (another Korean artist) and he was also amazing but BTS has my heart.

Last edited:
Back