Best live show you have been to?

Like recently in my city somebody threatened to shoot up the ford factory and they checked his car and he had guns and everything!! What did they do? They suspended him from work for one month and he is back there working now. SMFH

- - - Post Merge - - -

Is BTS a Korean music group?

Yes BTS is a KPOP group. On concert security, BTS received death threats for the day of my concert, one of the members specifically. They didn't cancel the date though, and just upped security. We had to go through metal detectors, and our bags went through a separate check. They also never let anyone go back inside after the concert finishes. Before this, I hadn't been to a big concert since 1D, but for California at least, my friend says every big concert she's been to recently has had metal detectors. I don't think recent events should keep you from going to concerts, even though it is terrifying. They really should have metal detectors everywhere and lots of security. It didn't even take long for the 16k attendees to get checked and seated.

To join in the concert security thing: I actually got to meet and greet Owl City and I didn't even have to go through a metal detector. I can't remember if my bag was searched or not, but they did check my id.
I started thinking about how lax the security was after Christina Grimmie was killed and thinking about how easy it would have been for someone to do something bad if they wanted to. And now after what's just happened in Manchester, security for pretty much every venue is going to have to be much tighter.

Common misconception. Owl City is not a band, it's actually a one man musical project. Adam Young writes and records all the songs in the studio by himself.(unless he's collaborating of course) But when he's on tour he plays with a band.(which is great)

The live shows have more of a rock and roll feel to the songs rather than the techno feel of the studio recordings. So it's really fun to get a slightly different feel on the songs you already know and love.

I might be a bit biased though, as he's my favorite musician ever. But I will never forget the whole room singing at the top of their lungs to every song, especially Fireflies.
So yeah, if you're at all a fan of Owl City definitely do not miss the chance to see him live. It's well worth it :)

That sounds amazing! I love Owl City and while I'd probably like them best with the techno beats hearing them live sounds like it's be a lot of fun! : D

I'm in England, yeah. My sister lives relatively close to Manchester, so it's a little worrying. But if/when I do attend a concert, it probably won't feel the same.

@helenkeller

well they are gnomes with bombs basically :|
--

Talking about shows I missed here, apparently S?rgio Godinho did a show here with some piano guy, well Gothenburg rather than my town (Stockholm) and I was pretty pissed I didn't know about that hnng. He's lit my fav musician more or less and my old man crush, lol.

I've been to cirque du soleil three times and every time it's been awesome

- - - Post Merge - - -

Common misconception. Owl City is not a band, it's actually a one man musical project. Adam Young writes and records all the songs in the studio by himself.(unless he's collaborating of course) But when he's on tour he plays with a band.(which is great)

The live shows have more of a rock and roll feel to the songs rather than the techno feel of the studio recordings. So it's really fun to get a slightly different feel on the songs you already know and love.

I might be a bit biased though, as he's my favorite musician ever. But I will never forget the whole room singing at the top of their lungs to every song, especially Fireflies.
So yeah, if you're at all a fan of Owl City definitely do not miss the chance to see him live. It's well worth it :)

I've seen owl city twice, he really is a great performer!

I will never be afraid to live my life because of current events... Upping security can save lives and prevent things like this happening. And like the comment I seen above, you couldn't go inside before the show started. I'm not sure if they'd let me back in because once I left I wasn't coming back. But that isn't enough. A few police standing around isn't good enough to tell someones intentions... a pat down and bag check is, even if it makes people uncomfortable.... like I seen on the news this girl felt "violated" over an airport pat down... plenty of people are sick enough to make a child put a weapon in their belt or even keister...

- - - Post Merge - - -

I listened to owl city now that people are talking about it.

Well I usually don't bring bags to concert since I don't want it pulled away with my valuables, and it's easier to just stuff your jacket or pants pockets with your cards and stuff. They normally don't check all of you in smaller venues, only at big gigs here I think.

Saw KISS a few weeks ago and then they checked p much everything, I don't mind to.. I'm used to **** like that haha

You seem to go to every concert omg! I would if I had a job because I don't want balcony seats. If you don't get balcony they can get pricy even on websites that aren't ticket master:( but the girl I talked to the whole time waiting for the doors to open had floor seats and only paid 100 dollars..... Just cant take a risk of buying a fake ticket. I also think they get really loud. I still have no idea why girls scream the WHOLE time. Not just a few times but THE WHOLE TIME. It makes it less enjoyable and that is one complaint I never held back. they scream like these people are objects and they wonder why some celebs don't want to take pictures with/meet fans anymore outside of a m&g.

only one more complaint that isn't relevant.. a worker who wasn't even security told me to put my phone away (I promise I'm not a person who is on their phone during these things) and I didn't listen. he came back when I had it out a second time and he literally threatened to kick me out! everyone and their brother had their phones out, my mom even had a camera she bought just for it. they SOLD BATTERIES THERE... but told me I wasn't allowed to take a picture LMAOO. maybe I'm ugly and me taking a photo of myself offended him HAHA (kidding)

- - - Post Merge - - -

NBA counts! That's a big event. Lebron is from my area so basketball is a big deal around here! People party in the streets over it lol!

Probably the Tonight Alive concert with my sister in February of last year, not my favorite band but the atmosphere was just amazing.

Never been to one, unfortunately. After everything that's happened I don't think I'll ever get the chance to go either.

I've been nervous about concerts since Monday night too. I've even been stressing out about friends and family going to concerts. It's a shame, really. :(

one of the games in last years playoffs for the Raps x Pacers series :'D

I have never been to a live concert. :( I've tried to see the Grateful Dead a few times in the past couple years, but their tickets sell out so fast I don't know if I ever will! </3 I'll keep dreaming. I'll see you someday, Bob Weir...
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

@helenkeller you mean me or? well yeah they ahave a pretty good selection here sometimes, especially at this outdoor amusement park in the summer. You just pay entrance or buy this free admission card and as long as it's room you get in ;)

Hopefully I can go see Elton John (unless he's still cancelling things), Alice Cooper(tis be 3rd time lol), First Aid Kit (if we can get in, those are way too popular here lol), Patti Smith... Maybe a few others liked Steve Harris(Iron Maiden) and I think mom wanted to go to some hard rock things, idk about those though lol.

Back