• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Favourite and Least Favourite Furniture Theme?

tinycomet

^ u ^
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
White Rose
Blue Hybrid Rose
Purple Violet
White Violet
Leif
Asking for a friend, my empty house.

No, not really. I'm just asking what different peoples' furniture theme preferences are, and what themes people avoid.

(Like, why someone loves the cabana set, or something)

faves: mermaid, gracie's, ice
mermaid - quite elegant but colourful, really nice colours. its screen is my favorite screen in the game, probably the table too
gracie's - it feels like i'm living in a normal laidback house that isn't pastel or golden or with a theme that stands out. it goes well with TVs and radios
ice - not much of a fan of the wallpaper, but the furniture is really nice and it goes well with merlions, corinthian posts and ornaments and it can be like a palace floor or some dungeon full of goodies

least favorites: card, jingle, kiddie, pav?
card - the wallpaper is probably one of the worst ones for me in the game (i would prefer using a common wall) and the flooring isnt so great either. the screen, lamp and table are pretty nice, and i would definitely use a card tower in one of my rooms. everything else is meh
jingle - not a fan of the colours at all.. the chair i really dont like and i would use none of the sets in anything. i guess i really dont like christmas coloured things
kiddie - the same with the colours, and im really not a fan of the kidcore aesthetic. plus the furniture combined with that reminds me of...certain lifestyles.
pav? - weird white cloth on every single furniture piece. the walls and floors arent great either. everything is just blue and white and thats it, its kinda boring.

My favorite is minimalist. I like the simplistic design and how customizable the whole set is. I don't exactly have a least favorite, but I don't exactly like the exotic set. It's just a little off to me.

I prefer random items to make it look like a real house.

Avoid anything pink. ^_^

My least favorite themes are the lovely series, kiddie series, and Pav? series. One is too simple, one is too baby-ish, and the other is too girly.

My favorite themes though, are the gorgeous series, robo series, and astro series. I generally prefer to put sci-fi themes above almost anything else. The Gorgeous Series looks rich, like even richer than the other furniture series.

The modern wood series is my favourite furniture set.. probably the cardboard set too because I like to think of my mayor as a hobo. My least favourite would be the balloon furniture series, but the dog lamp is pretty cute.

I wouldn't say I have a favorite furniture theme since I prefer mixing them up to make an actual, cohesive room especially the welcome amiibo items.

Least favorite? The Princess series used to be one of my favorites but after seeing them in dream towns over and over with almost the same set without people mixing it up, I'm getting sick of them haha. Also, the Sanrio furnitures except for the ones in Toby's RV. They're too bright for my taste. In general, I'm not fond of seeing the whole furniture series in one room without anything other than them. I've been there, done that (I'm guilty of this in my first town but too lazy to fix lol since I'm not playing it.). It looks uncreative and boring like they're just there to say that you've completed a room.

I prefer random items to make it look like a real house.

My fav rooms in my house are the ones I've decorated to look like a ~real room, like my kitchen is filled with items that aren't hugely popular but it's so cute and cozy i love it.

Favorites: Sweets, Minimalist, Mermaid, Princess
Sweets - I love the roll cake couch the best it looks so spongy and fluffy and so comfortable to sit on.
Minimalist - The tables for minimalist goes along with almost all of my sets in various furniture.
Mermaid - It reminds me of Mermaid Cove in Tokyo Disney Sea and its really pretty.
Princess - Its blue and its so clean and crispy, for some reason it makes me think about frosting and ice flurries.

Top Favourite: Sweets.

Least Favorites: Lovely, Regal, Polka Dot
Lovely: I think i might like it more if the pink wasnt hot pink but more pastel colored, but yeah its just looks tacky to me.
Regal: It kinda of reminds me of furniture that tries to look expensive and luxurious but costs less than a McChicken.
Polka Dot: Eh. too dotty.

Top Least Favourite: Lovely

i hate lovely and polka dot. lovely is just so PINK. disappointed that a set called "lovely" is so hideous. and the polka dots are tacky imo. it's funny because IRL i like pink and polka dots but i hate the way acnl did them

Least favorite:

Patchwork
I like the general silhouette of each furniture but the colors and textures are kind of off putting.
Kiddie
I think the original colors are terrible and I find each furniture shape very rigid and unappealing. I know the pastel custom is popular but it's just boring.
Balloon
This is kind of the most disliked set. I think the idea was fun but every piece looks so odd.

Favorite:

Cabin
I like the wood and fabric customs.
Cabana
It matches well with other furniture like cabin. I usually like earthy tones but some of furniture in the set can be awkward. Like the vanity and its big blue knobby legs which I don't care for.

I like the minimalist set and gracie set. I make nature themed houses and those sets go pretty well with greens and browns.

Back