• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

TBT:IGB Ratio?

Wickel

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
3043-1453-7341
Baby Chick Easter Egg
Sweetheart Easter Egg
Crescent Moon Easter Egg
Silent Night Bauble
Daisy Easter Egg
Pavé
Tricolored Puppy Plush
New Horizons Token
Leif
Hey!
As a new member of the forum and game, I'm a little confused when it comes to the TBT:IGB swap ratio. The threads I've seen, value TBT quite highly and IGB not so much. Does anyone know a fair swap rate? This way things on the forum would be a little clearer for me :)

100 tbt : 20 mil IGB. I think this is still standard fare, I could be wrong.
Also, 10 tbt : 2 mil IGB.
And if my math is right, 1 tbt : 200k IGB. Hope this helps, and welcome to TBT :)

Last edited:
HOLY MOLY! I get like 2 tbt just for typing this comment! Why so different?

HOLY MOLY! I get like 2 tbt just for typing this comment! Why so different?

In-game Bells just aren't worth much.

OP, to trade any large sums, you'll be using the Re-Tail method of one player putting something up for sale and the other buying it. It's rather tedious.

Thanks for this, I've been wondering this for a while now!

Although it's usually 100tbt = 20 million, there have been prices that fluctuate a lot
I know that its currently
50tbt = 20 million in some threads. So the ratio is changing a bit.

Although it's usually 100tbt = 20 million, there have been prices that fluctuate a lot
I know that its currently
50tbt = 20 million in some threads. So the ratio is changing a bit.

Dang, thats cheap :0 I guess it just depends on who you go with then! If you'd like to sell IGB then I suppose it's whatever rate you'd like that isn't outrageous haha

- - - Post Merge - - -

In-game Bells just aren't worth much.

OP, to trade any large sums, you'll be using the Re-Tail method of one player putting something up for sale and the other buying it. It's rather tedious.

It's tedious but MUCH more convenient than dropping! Rip me dropping 40 mil bells before knowing re-tail method...

It's tedious but MUCH more convenient than dropping! Rip me dropping 40 mil bells before knowing re-tail method...

Re-tail method? I don't know about this...It's been so awful when I try to deliver large quantities of IGB D:

Re-tail method? I don't know about this...It's been so awful when I try to deliver large quantities of IGB D:

Player 1 puts items up for sale in Re-Tail at max value (999,999?), player 2 buys them, drops the items and repeat. How long it takes depends how far away Main Street is. The money is deposited into player 1's bank the next day.

From what I've read, the re-tail method has the person giving bells to the other players town. The one player then just puts an item in re-tail for a REALLY high price, then the other guy just buys the item. I believe this method will even directly deposit it into your account! Super convenient!

EDIT: What he said - LOL

Last edited:

Well ACPerson explained it perfectly. It's much easier to do, you'll love it :)

Player 1 puts items up for sale in Re-Tail at max value (999,999?), player 2 buys them, drops the items and repeat. How long it takes depends how far away Main Street is. The money is deposited into player 1's bank the next day.

Ohh I see! That's a smart idea XD

- - - Post Merge - - -

Well ACPerson explained it perfectly. It's much easier to do, you'll love it :)

Yeah, thanks so much! :D

- - - Post Merge - - -

From what I've read, the re-tail method has the person giving bells to the other players town. The one player then just puts an item in re-tail for a REALLY high price, then the other guy just buys the item. I believe this method will even directly deposit it into your account! Super convenient!

EDIT: What he said - LOL

Thank you too :3

Yeah, I don't like retail method. It requires the host to gather a crap ton of random items to put for sale. It's more annoying to me than to just drop bells at someone's town.

But that's just me, so hey.

Yeah, I don't like retail method. It requires the host to gather a crap ton of random items to put for sale. It's more annoying to me than to just drop bells at someone's town.

But that's just me, so hey.

It's easy just to put up 8 flowers and have the person re-plant the flowers right outside retail, then pick them up and put them back up for sale once theyre at the ATM

I remember a long time ago when 100 TBT was needed to buy 5 million Bells. And when ACNL came out, 1 million Bells would get you 1,000 TBT. But for a while, people cared more about collectibles than in-game items. So people preferred to trade in their in-game currency for TBT. But now that collectibles are in low demand, people prefer in-game Bells and items more.

Back