• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

water or teabag first?

teabag... who would put the water first? that's like putting milk before the cereal.

Teabag first.. otherwise the teabag will just float randomly with a weird aftertaste

Depends on whether or not I can be assed getting the teabag first.

tbh it depends on the teabags i use, some brands have really thin bags and sometimes pouring scalding water on them rips it open, thus i am left with little floaties.

I'll put the teabag in first, but I put anything like honey or sugar in after the water. That's my jam... hmmm, jam in tea, anyone?

Teabag. Otherwise the teabag just floats

Bag in first. It feels more satisfying for me for some reason.

I put the water in first.......sorry

I also microwave the water so it boils faster...

Last edited:
The question should be, milk before or after the brewing process. I used to put it in first while the kettle boiled, but now I add it last. Courtesy of Steptoe and Son. XD

I put the water in first because a few of my teabags have popped before.

Generally speaking, I like to put the tea bag in first. However, when I'm using a keurig, I've noticed that sometimes the water makes the bag's string slip in! So, if i'm using a keurig to make the hot water, I put the bag in last. :p

I usually put water first because I'm a lazy ass. I microwave the water and then throw it in and forget about the tea and come back when it's lukewarm.

Back