• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Life Is Strange

forestyne

Finally Left.
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
October Birthstone (Opal)
Flea
LIFE IS STRANGE SEASON 2 IS ACTUALLY HAPPENING I'M SO EXCITED. It's honestly my favourite video game of all time. Even though the writing was a bit meh, it sort of added to the quirkiness of the characters. All of the characters were extremely relatable and SO LOVEABLE, Chloe and Max are probably my favourite video game duo. The sound track was absolutely gorgeous and got me into the indie music scene.

However, the first season was so good that we don't know if the second season will top that. I think the LIS team have a lot of pressure, but DONTNOD are wonderful developers so I'm putting all my faith in them pulling it off! So far there's been no word on whether it will follow the story of Max and Chloe, or whether it will feature a new cast of characters in a brand new story.

What do you want from the new LIS game and what did you like about the first season?

Life is Strange: Before the Storm launches
the first of three episodes on 31st August 2017.

The game is a prequel to the first game developed by Deck Nine Games that follows the story of Chloe and Rachel, set three years before the first title.

Last edited:
Loved the first season, even with the clunky dialogue it was a great story, I hope they stick to the great story, characters, art style and just make the dialogue a bit more natural ��

I loved the first
However I hope that the new will be a different story with other protagonists

Last edited:
Before they confirmed a second season they confirmed it would be without Max and Arcadia Bay right after the finale. That story is done, at least the future for it.
Personally my love for the first season comes from my connection to the characters, so I don't think how LiS2 will be for me as they will most likely focus on new characters who are completely different. But I trust the developers to entertain me.

There are also rumours that there might be a prequel focusing on Chloe and Rachel, but I don't think there's any truth to that.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are also rumours that there might be a prequel focusing on Chloe and Rachel, but I don't think there's any truth to that.

Just announced it yesterday. It's called Life is Strange: Before the Storm

- - - Post Merge - - -

In case anybody hasn't seen it yet or missed it: the prequel focusing on Chloe and Rachel IS HAPPENING. It will have three episodes, the first one launching on 31st August.

Last edited:
LOL I can't believe the prequel is actually a thing, but I love it. So much angsty Chloe.
Let's see how Deck Nine handles the lore before we get back to the main series.
Not sure why they'd make a prequel though if season two is supposed to be a new set of characters.

LOL I can't believe the prequel is actually a thing, but I love it. So much angsty Chloe.
Let's see how Deck Nine handles the lore before we get back to the main series.
Not sure why they'd make a prequel though if season two is supposed to be a new set of characters.

A lot of fans (including myself :)) wanted to see Chloe and Rachel's friendship, since you never get to see Rachel in the first game. I mean, you do but :lemon: *cough* not really. Even if it's just filler content until DONTNOD releases their sequel, I think it's welcome. (If you get the Digital Deluxe, you get an episode where you play as Max, for those people who are just not ready to say goodbye to her yet)

New engine, better graphics, better lip-sync, new script; this is the game the series needs.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Ashley Burch isn't playing Chloe in the prequel, but was a writing consultant for her character.

I just can't wait to hear Rachel. Even if she's a bit of a ***** of a character.

It's not my favourite game, but I did enjoy the relationships that were shown between the characters. Especially Chloe and Max. Mind you I felt so sorry for Warren lmao, he was third wheeling all the way. Is this the prequel to it? I heard thats what the game is going to be, and before the storm kinda implies it. Ngl, the writing could be incredibly cringe-worthy at moments especially with the words like selfie and calling something cereal instead of another word, but it was still enjoyable.

EDIT: just read back up on the op and noticed it was a sequel, my bad

Watched the first twenty minutes and... I'm not sure whether to hate it or dislike it. I don't like Chloe's voice.

It's not even out yet, so maybe the dry voice acting will redeem itself? God, I miss Max.

- - - Post Merge - - -

It's not my favourite game, but I did enjoy the relationships that were shown between the characters. Especially Chloe and Max. Mind you I felt so sorry for Warren lmao, he was third wheeling all the way. Is this the prequel to it? I heard thats what the game is going to be, and before the storm kinda implies it. Ngl, the writing could be incredibly cringe-worthy at moments especially with the words like selfie and calling something cereal instead of another word, but it was still enjoyable.

EDIT: just read back up on the op and noticed it was a sequel, my bad

We're getting two games! One is a sequel being developed by DONTNOD (the developers of the first game) and the prequel is being developed by Deck Nine, set three years before the first Life Is Strange.

Back