To plot reset or no?

alicat1469

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
So one of my villagers decided to move out in my almost completed town, so I now need to force move them back in. The problem is that I've already moved my fourth character in so I would have to delete them to plot reset. Deleting the character wouldn't be the worst thing in the world since their house is staying a tent, but it would set me back in trying to get friendship with sable for the QR machine. As well, I probably don't NEED to plot reset since there are patterns on the ground every 2 spaces so the only 3x3 available spot to plot where they're moving out of.
My question is - Should I yolo it and hope they move into the right spot without plot reseting or delete the character to make sure that they go into the right spot?
Does anyone have any stories of when villagers moved ontop of a pattern even though there was an empty spot available? (100% for sure this happened, not just messed up placing patterns)

read the last post (#6) by noctibloom in this thread:

http://www.belltreeforums.com/showthread.php?417861-Wait
which partly answers what you are asking.

Apparently (there are several threads on Bell Tree Forums about it) there is a limit to the number of buildings you can have in each acre - the 'danger' acres are those with public buildings, which also have other unmovables like rocks & ponds. It looks as if there is enough space for a villagers house, but they don't plot there.

Given you are scanning in for them to plot where a villager lived previously, you should be OK so long as you haven't added to that area/acre (eg PWP/another house).

If you are going to plot again in the future then it might be an idea not to have that 4th human character. Given they are only in a tent, your chance is now. Friendship with Sable for the QR machine is only 10 days (isn't it?, whatever its not long).
Think about it and try & work out what is best for you (maybe you need 4 characters to hold a lot of patterns).

Last edited:
I've had it work fine with paths without plot reset for months now so as long as you're sure your paths are okay and there's room you should be okay.

personally, i never plot reset, i just kind of let them move places and hope it isn't annoying. but if you are very particular i would recommend it, try the path thing.

I don't plot reset. It sounds like waaaaaaay too much work.

I'm happy to let the villagers plot wherever they choose. After all, I was able to pick my own plot so I don't see why they can't pick theirs.

The only thing I do which I suppose is work is remove any hybrids in areas where a new plot may appear. I just pocket them for the night or plant them right next to existing buildings.

read the last post (#6) by noctibloom in this thread:

http://www.belltreeforums.com/showthread.php?417861-Wait
which partly answers what you are asking.

Apparently (there are several threads on Bell Tree Forums about it) there is a limit to the number of buildings you can have in each acre - the 'danger' acres are those with public buildings, which also have other unmovables like rocks & ponds. It looks as if there is enough space for a villagers house, but they don't plot there.

Given you are scanning in for them to plot where a villager lived previously, you should be OK so long as you haven't added to that area/acre (eg PWP/another house).

If you are going to plot again in the future then it might be an idea not to have that 4th human character. Given they are only in a tent, your chance is now. Friendship with Sable for the QR machine is only 10 days (isn't it?, whatever its not long).
Think about it and try & work out what is best for you (maybe you need 4 characters to hold a lot of patterns).

That's super interesting. I've definitely noticed that they PREFER to plot away from my little village if there's a spot available. But yeah she came from there so she must be ABLE to go there. All my pwps are already placed, so nothing will have changed when I move her back in.

I do need lots of pattern space - my other 3 characters are already maxed out, but you're right that it doesn't take THAT long to get sable's friendship. I'm just worried it would be long enough that TTing through it someone else might move out again and make me have to restart the friendship again (the house is staying a tent, never planning on upgrading it so that's really the only negative thing).

I stop plot reset when i discover the path thing. It really helpful when you discover the places you should place a path and save a lot of time.
Maybe if you catch the places and cover em with paths, you can save time.

Back