• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

KINGDOM HEARTS HELP

Hamusuta

miss juicy baby!
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Classic Easter Egg
Classic Easter Egg
Classic Easter Egg
Hi,

So I've been wanting a new 3DS game for a while now, and have decided to get a KH game since I've never played one before and have only heard good things about them.

Which is the best one for 3DS or is there only one idek pls help should I even get it lmao

Thanks xoxox

There's only a single Kingdom Hearts game on 3DS, but you could also purchase one of the two DS titles. Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance (3DS), Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days (DS), and Kingdom Hearts re:Coded (DS). Out of the three, I was only captivated by 358/2 Days and really enjoyed playing it. But honestly, I don't think any of these are a good starting point into the Kingdom Hearts series as they all heavily rely on the other more "mainline" games like Kingdom Hearts 1 and Kingdom Hearts 2.

None of the DS/3DS titles are going to be good entry points to the series. Keep in mind the main Kingdom Hearts games are 1 and 2, for the PS2 (or for PS3/PS4 with the repackages), and all the others are sidegames that assume you've played the main games. Out of the three of them that are available, though, Dream Drop Distance is definitely the easiest to follow, and the most fun gameplay wise. I can't imagine anyone without prior knowledge of the series being able to understand or enjoy re:Coded or 358/2 Days.

If you have a PS3 or PS4, I'd recommend picking up the 1.5 and 2.5 repackages if you want to get into the series.

Last edited:
Days.
Recoded is awful. It's for ds. But it's a summary.
Dream drop distance I didn't even bother to play.

I started with days and it went fine. I guess start with that :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Days.
Recoded is awful. It's for ds. But it's a summary.
Dream drop distance I didn't even bother to play.

I started with days and it went fine. I guess start with that :)

MY COMPLETE OPINION OF THE BEST DS/3DS KINGDOM HEARTS GAME TO START WITH

Unfortunately, it is true that none of the ds/ 3ds Kingdom Hearts games are good starting points. The two DS games are essentially side games. and as such, rely on an understanding of the main games, Kingdom Hearts I & II (and Chain of memories to a lesser extent). Kingdom Hearts 3D on the other hand, is definitely more of a main game, so it really expects you to know what's going on. so if I had to choose what I think would be best, I'd either say 358/2 Days or Re:Coded.

358/2 Days is a spectacular game (especially if you manage to find someone to do multiplayer with), it doesn't necessarily rely on you having needed to play the console games, but some basic understanding of the deeper plot points would help a lot. It takes place starting about right at the end of Kingdom Hearts 1 and closes right at the start of Kingdom Hearts 2. Now, the plot of 358/2 Days is all about a group of villains known as Organization XIII (they're a pretty big deal), as you carry out missions playing as Roxas, their 13th. member. Orginazation XIII is pretty much entirely from Kingdom Hearts 2, so if you don't care about spoilers, try and read up on that game before starting 358/2 Days.

Re:Coded is a great game too (in my opinion). This game is a lot more separate from the plots of the other games, but does heavily rely on the story of Kingdom Hearts: Chain of memories/ Re:Chain of Memories (second game in the main story, on GBA and PS2). Chain of Memories serves at the catalyst to some of the plot, so be warned. This game puts you in the role of data Sora, a digital copy of the series' protagonist, as he tries to find the answer to why a mysterious message has appeared in Jiminy's journal. I do suppose you might be able to get by without knowing Chain of Memories, but you may be left scratching your head from time to time.

Overall, 358/2 Days ends up being a more fun game, with some really good moments in it. Re:Coded, on the other hand, is much weaker in the story department, but that's because it doesn't build of of the main games as much. So I suppose that I'd have to say 358/2 is the best choice, if you can manage to understand the plot of Kingdom Hearts I&II without playing them.

Sorry if I ranted, and good luck making your decision.

^ ah i guess thats why i never enjoyed kh as much as expected. i have days and recoded and neither caught my interest. i was confused, didn't understand what was going on, and was not having fun

Back