• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Have you known anyone personally who has been arrested?

Mink777

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
So I just found out that one of the people who was in one of my classes when I was in middle school was arrested. I rather not mention the cause for privacy reasons, but he is likely to face jail time. I was actually a good friend of his as well, but we had a little falling out. Have you known anyone personally that has been arrested?

A few of my cousins have also been arrested and in jail.

Last edited:
No. I know plenty of people who would be liable, though. Just small things, but, you know how it is.

My uncle on my dad's side.

Actually I think my dad and all his siblings and my dad's dad have been. Not 100% sure. I only know the one uncle definitely was.

Oh and a kid I was friend with in middle school got transfered after a year. Not sure if it was the next school or one after but he injured 6 people with a machete. Kids were pretty ruthless in taunting him while he was at my school so I wasn't surprised.

Last edited:
MY MUM WAS LMAO

- - - Post Merge - - -

think it was 'grievous bodily harm'. she didn't go to jail tho.

my dad when he was a teenager. he used to fight other kids on the streets but he never served jail time.
also my stepdad was arrested for drink driving four times over the limit

My dad, uncle and their "friends" because they were drunk idiots. :/

Last edited:
I had a cousin that was in and out of jail a lot when I was younger but I think that's about it

Yes plenty, for driving drunk, for stealing, for breaking things, for selling drugs, for frauds, but the worst was for murder.

The majority were such nice people not looking like thugs at all, so it was rather shocking.

My brother got arrested too, he did nothing, they just got the wrong guy, but it was really traumatizing for him.

Nope. I have a friend who got kicked outta my school for drugs but that's the closest I get to knowing someone who has been arrested.

no one i know personally has been arrested, but i know people who have gotten pretty close

I know a kid I went to high school with who has been in prison for a couple years but I have no idea what he did he gets out pretty soon though according to his mom on Facebook lolllll

My former neighbour loves to brag about his latest night in a cell whenever we come across each other in town. He's actually proud of it. I don't get it.

My mom's ex boyfriend did some jail time, it was funny because she met him right before he went to jail, didn't tell us he was in jail when he "disappeared" after their fling, she was sending him letters (and probably money too) and when she finally told us we were just like, "What a keeper!" ya know, but she kept saying that they were only dating, that he wasn't going to move up here or anything, and as soon as he got out she moved him in. Live with us for a year or so then they broke up.

Don't think so actually... But my bf's old schoolmate did I think or at least he did criminal stuff never knew if he actually went in lol.

Not that I know of, but knowing some of family and what they're like... well, I wouldn't be surprised.

My gf got busted for shoplifting when she was little. lol

Back