Thinking of deleting

Mayor-of-Bliss

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
I'm thinking of deleting my town.
I recently moved to a new state and I'm thinking it might be good to start over. I'm happy with my town but I feel something is missing from it. I could revamp my town or start over. My old town is linked to waiting around to move and not a great time in my life. I'm hoping a new town could hold more hopeful feelings for me. But I'm also a tad worried of throwing away all the work on my town. I have almos all my dreamies but honestly I'm getting over the whole dreaming thing after having the same villagers for too long. Advice?

I get what you mean. I used to be a resetter, like constantly until I had my most recent long term town. I was pretty much finished with it but grew kinda bored, so I just reset. It is refreshing and I found a map that I love!! I even got rid of my catalogue and all the bells so it really is a fresh start. I'm going to even try to break my habit of time traveling so much, and just enjoy the game a little more. But I'm not making anyone any promises lol. But I hear you! It does get a bit boring sometimes to walk around seeing the same scenery over and over again.

That's what i do when i feel stuck with the other town i used to have, so i reset and 3 months later i have something better.

If you feel you have to restart, get someone who can hold all your stuff (someone trustable) and sell your town but not your catalog so you can have a fresh start with everything you used to have.

In the dreamie thing... Sometimes meet new neighbors can be fun, new faces hanging around while you work in your town is always fun.

Last edited:
Getting ready to move, and moving, is a stressful time in life. (I just moved six months ago.) I have read, and I believe it's true, that it is not a good time to make any important decisions. Granted, acnl is a game. But it is a big part of my life, at least, so I would wait until after I moved and got settled in a little before I would decide. I actually did do this: I started my second town two months ago. I still have my first town but recently "put it to sleep" for the summer. When I go back to it, I wonder how I'll feel?

It sounds like you may be at that point already, but are hesitating? Maybe wait a little while longer if you aren't sure. Or can you buy another copy? That's what I did, then my first mayor shared bell, tools, furniture, etc.

All good points. I'm going to give it some time to think it over and I'm going to mass move out villagers. Anyone I can barely to part with to try to make the town feel fresh again
And try to put a fruit orchard​ in someplace I think. Thank you all. I'd love to buy a new copy but money is tight and I'm really a one town person. I had a second copy a long time ago but have it to a friend going through a hard time.

I'd say that if you think you can enjoy your town as it is, then maybe you should stick with it, but if you think resetting is going to make ACNL a better experience for you, you should reset. I toyed with the idea of resetting a town for MONTHS, loving my dream villagers that I had but feeling detached from the game, and eventually I finally reset and I've been much happier with my ACNL experience since then.

im going through the same problem. ive had this town since 2014 but i have so much progress, tbt, bells and time spent into it... and i have way too many valuable items and old QR codes that would be hard to get/find again... June 3rd marks my fourth year of having this town. im getting so bored of everything haha, and i dont like the layout... i would most likely reset but if only i could find someone trustworthy who has ALOT of room in their game to hold my items/bells.

Do you know that Tom Nook will buy your home? It came with the update. I don't know any details but I do know that people have done it and are happy with the deal. There is probably a thread that tells about it. I heard you get to keep a lot of stuff and bells. Come to think of it, I'm going to check it out myself!:D

Duh, found it easily, it's The Resetting Thread. A sticky.

Last edited:
Do you know that Tom Nook will buy your home? It came with the update. I don't know any details but I do know that people have done it and are happy with the deal. There is probably a thread that tells about it. I heard you get to keep a lot of stuff and bells. Come to think of it, I'm going to check it out myself!:D

i didnt find anything about tom nook purchasing homes.

i didnt find anything about tom nook purchasing homes.
In the Welcome amiibo update, when your town tree is at level 4 (play for 50 days and 50 hours), then Tom Nook will offer to buy your town when you reset.
From the Animal Crossing Wiki (http://animalcrossing.wikia.com/wiki/Plaza):
"In Welcome amiibo, if the player decides to start a new town at this point, Isabelle will summon Tom Nook, who will offer to buy your old town from you, and the proceeds of the sale will go towards your new town's ABD."

Last edited:
In the Welcome amiibo update, when your town tree is at level 4 (play for 50 days and 50 hours), then Tom Nook will offer to buy your town when you reset.
From the Animal Crossing Wiki (http://animalcrossing.wikia.com/wiki/Plaza):
"In Welcome amiibo, if the player decides to start a new town at this point, Isabelle will summon Tom Nook, who will offer to buy your old town from you, and the proceeds of the sale will go towards your new town's ABD."

yo that is awesome. i wonder how much my town is worth... im really curious to see how much did he pay for other's towns.

Back