• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

names that you hate?

The local reserve is home to some quality last names, such as Christmas, Googoo and Sylliboy

i dont like month names either
april (is fine)
may (eh)
june (nice sounding but its a MONTH)
july (bad)
august (bad)
why do i question origins of names. im named after a colour

if people actually had heard of my name it would def be on the list let's just say that

i don't actually mind seamus, it's okay, but when people pronounce it as "see-mus" its a whole new level of bad

whenever i see the name 'sean bean' i always say 'seen bean' in my head even though i know it's wrong

i don't really like the names caitlin and its multiple variations, evie, grace, abby, nathan, tyler etc

Louis

I cannot stand seeing this name. :p
I don't even know how it's pronounced.

Lol that's one of my Animal Crossing character's names :p it's pronounced loo-iss (or lou-iss)

Personally, I don't like names like Caleb and Damien. Not that they're bad names, but for some reason I just can't imagine a guy in his 40's being named Caleb. It just doesn't even sound right.

Is your real name Moggy? :eek:

no but mog is a nickname kinda derived from my real name!!!! im named after a scottish sea monster just think about that, how could it possibly go well for me

ps my name isn't nessie

Idk, really. Mostly people who use overly alternative spellings that make them look like speshul snowflakes. Like, Khryshtal instead of Crystal and whatnot.

no but mog is a nickname kinda derived from my real name!!!! im named after a scottish sea monster just think about that, how could it possibly go well for me

ps my name isn't nessie

Nessa?

That isn't bad name.

Mog your name is adorable

if people actually had heard of my name it would def be on the list let's just say that

I'm not going to lie when I started to respond to this thread I thought of your name. But it seemed *****y to post that where I knew a friend could read it!! It reminds me of the children's books we had to read in P2. But I didn't like the teacher who read them to us so I might be biased.

I only hate names that were people I had a bad memory of. Like Emily (uuuugggggghhhhhh) because it was a girl I was VERY jealous of - the girlfriend of a guy I desperately loved. No offense to other Emily's but I want to throw up when I hear that name lol.

Louis

I cannot stand seeing this name. :p
I don't even know how it's pronounced.

Lol that's one of my Animal Crossing character's names :p it's pronounced loo-iss (or lou-iss)

It can be pronounced Loo-iss but it's origin is French and is traditionally pronounced Loo-ee. The "s" isn't pronounced a bit like Anais is said Ann-ay not ann-ays or similar. Both French origins. :)

Last edited:
D**k...This name really needs to be banned, it was probably fine back then.

I also really don't like the name Bob or Sally. It's not bad or anything, I just wouldn't name my future children that. They use those names in like 80% of examples, XD

I really don't like names that are based on religious characters. They're all very old-fashioned and waaayyyyy too common. I also don't like when people mash together multiple names to make a new one. Like "should I name my daughter Maria or Shannon? Can't decide so I guess it'll have to be Mariannon".

Back