• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

names that you hate?

I know someone who named their child La-ia pronounced la dash ia and I think that makes me want to die the most

I know someone who named their child La-ia pronounced la dash ia and I think that makes me want to die the most

What whut, so you pronounce the dash sign.... ok that one could make it on my list too.. aha

Especially when you think of what's short for Richard. XD

Yep..And I would say Fanny but that's a common name that's not really sex associated around here so :v Still I feel sorry if they would go to the UK :|

Well all those special snowflake names that are random words people mash together (unless it's like cool old hippie names maybe that actually sounds good).

Like no. don't name your kid "Wild one" or "Cash dough" or stupid things like that...

Otherwise I can't say I hate really

I'm not going to lie when I started to respond to this thread I thought of your name. But it seemed *****y to post that where I knew a friend could read it!! It reminds me of the children's books we had to read in P2. But I didn't like the teacher who read them to us so I might be biased.

it's ok lmao :( im not blessed. annoyingly my siblings have nice names (although still pretty unique) so im guessing i was just the unlucky child. i pretty much force anyone i like to call me mog anyway

it's ok lmao :( im not blessed. annoyingly my siblings have nice names (although still pretty unique) so im guessing i was just the unlucky child. i pretty much force anyone i like to call me mog anyway

i feel ya, i hate my real name and wish it wasn't such a hassle to change it tbh...

Dee-Dee/ Dee
Ashley
Brittney
Kristy/ Kristina
George
Harold/ Harry
Robert/ Bob
Randy
Kayla/ Leila
Most Indian names (calm down sjws, I'm not saying I don't like Indian people)
Tina
Helga
Olga
Marie
Mary
Joshua

I could go on forever

Bertha.
Candy
Ethel.
I really don't like it when men are called Timmy, Billy, Johnny, Bobby, Chrissy, etc. They're fine for kids, but not for adults, in my opinion.

my second cousin just had a baby and his name is jimmer
not jimmy or jim or any normal name

jimmer

Dee-Dee/ Dee
Ashley
Brittney
Kristy/ Kristina
George
Harold/ Harry
Robert/ Bob
Randy
Kayla/ Leila
Most Indian names (calm down sjws, I'm not saying I don't like Indian people)
Tina
Helga
Olga
Marie
Mary
Joshua

I could go on forever

wow you will hate dedede then

get it? :rolleyes: , ok sorry ill go now jeez

On topic : Probably Jennifer

Yep..And I would say Fanny but that's a common name that's not really sex associated around here so :v Still I feel sorry if they would go to the UK :|

But doesn't it mean ass in the US anyway?

Funny enough I'm from the UK and I've never once met a person called Fanny. I don't think anyone wants their kids suffering in school with a name like that. It'd be suicidal.

Dick is a strange one here. Because it can be used as a swear word/insult, a person's name or a dessert's name (spotted dick).

Kevin
Fabian
Felix
Maximilian
Alexander / Alexandra
Franz
..they are overused here.. like, I had once 3 Fabians, 2 Maximilians and 2 Alexanders in ONE class.. please <.<

And I also don't like my own name (Franziska).. many people say my name is beautiful, but I can't stand it somehow.. and there is a throwingaxe called "Franziska".. :(

But doesn't it mean ass in the US anyway?

Funny enough I'm from the UK and I've never once met a person called Fanny. I don't think anyone wants their kids suffering in school with a name like that. It'd be suicidal.

Dick is a strange one here. Because it can be used as a swear word/insult, a person's name or a dessert's name (spotted dick).

Might be both countries, dunno. Heard it was more a Uk thing though. But yeah that would be.. unfortunate. And yeah that male name is a bit.. unfortunate too I guess lol. Good thing it's not an actual name here lol.

Also yeah I hate my real name but I don't think I should reveal in case someone shares it. I just love how there are tons of cool woman/girl/neutral names or whatever and they had to pick the one I have. No one can really pronounce it here anyways or they do it in a French way -.-

Also parents who give their kids "old people" name because it's an "in" thing with hipster people.. Like no don't name your kid "Gertrud" just bc it's cool.

Anything that doesn't sound like a real name for a person. It has to be really obvious, though. I knew someone in high school named America, so that's an example.

Anything that doesn't sound like a real name for a person. It has to be really obvious, though. I knew someone in high school named America, so that's an example.

yeah naming kids after locations are a bit. weird or naming them after stuff like "Apple".. eth

Names like "Faith" and "Chastity" and things that shouldn't be names? Also really hate male names starting in K, especially Keith. I had a person at my school name Keefer, I bet you could easily guess what his nickname was at school...

Names like "Faith" and "Chastity" and things that shouldn't be names? Also really hate male names starting in K, especially Keith. I had a person at my school name Keefer, I bet you could easily guess what his nickname was at school...

Yeah why would you name them religious things ugh.

Lol Keith now I only think of that Subeta admin lmao...

And yeah about locations unless you can come with something really cool like.. Jamaica Peacock or cool hippie names just don't. Naming your kid Brooklyn or New Delhi randomly is not cool.

Back