• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

names that you hate?

I hate this concept of people making up weird and wonderful names for their kids so my list would be endless. So of more classic names Connor and Charlotte are probably the ones I dislike most. I've never met a Connor I actually get on with, and it's one of the most popular names in Scotland, so I always associate the name with horrible guys.

100% agree. The only thing worse is adding "-Leigh" to the end of it (thanks mum).

I hate this concept of people making up weird and wonderful names for their kids so my list would be endless. So of more classic names Connor and Charlotte are probably the ones I dislike most. I've never met a Connor I actually get on with, and it's one of the most popular names in Scotland, so I always associate the name with horrible guys. Disliking Charlotte might have something to do with my parents almost naming me Charlotte-Emma. Ugh.

Ewwwww. Hyphen names are almost always disgusting. There was a little girl I babysat for and her name is Jessicalyn. So horrible. It's technically a hyphen name but without the hyphen.

Brenden
Branden
Brandan
Brendon
Bronden
Brondan
Brandon
Brondon
Brendan.

Did I forget any?

Oh yeah, Brundon!

Last edited:
harold, henry, ollie, rich/richard, stewie, riley, gertude, katniss

Last edited:
I just read someone is named "Baby Boi" and I know I heard another terrible name that was the parents' email address but I can't remember what it was. I hate all meme like names. Memes are great fun but this is your child who might want to get taken seriously.

Of traditional names I don't like Christian.

ethan and jesse bc of ppl

also i rly dont like the "Unique" names like nevaeh, every name ending w -den (brayden, braxden, kaiden etc.) bc theyre annoyingly common in the us and theyre Ugly.

as for swedish names i rly dislike most old ppl names like ulla, britta, sten, stig, bj?rn, margareta and stuff like that but that's bc theyre old and no one names their kid those kinda names now

Andrew
Nathaniel
Gary
Dylan
Lewis
Lois
Margaret
Gerald
Harold
Seamus
Christopher
Julian/Julianne
Reese
George
Charles
William
John

I'm sure there are more that I couldn't think of right now.

harold, henry, ollie, rich/richard, stewie, riley, gertude, katniss

Richard!!!

Yes, that's an awful name too.

Gertrude is a beautiful name, what the goose?

Last edited:
i don't actually mind seamus, it's okay, but when people pronounce it as "see-mus" its a whole new level of bad

Louis

I cannot stand seeing this name. :p
I don't even know how it's pronounced.

i don't actually mind seamus, it's okay, but when people pronounce it as "see-mus" its a whole new level of bad

It's my middle name and I just can't...It's another old person name!

I have never heard someone pronounce it like that, that's awful.

Last edited:
Back