• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

is it just me that thinks the hello kitty amiibo character is super gross ?

Angel-Immy

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
I have the Sanrio amiibo cards I think they did a great job on them all except the gorilla inspired by hello kitty is it just me that thinks she ruins it ?

Immy ♡

I'm not a fan of gorilla villagers to begin with so Rilla is def not an exception. I also think Chelsea is gross too but Rilla is definitely the worst one.

Violet was the ugliest gorilla in the game ( excuse me, why are you wearing lipstick ) and then Rilla came rollin' in to take Ugliest Villager Ever title.

same I have yet to find a gorilla I like

- - - Post Merge - - -

I had violet for a bit >0< ik i don't get why Sanrio would choose a gorilla why not a cat ??

I like Rilla, she's one of the few gorillas I actually like. I don't think she's ugly, I would say she has a unique design, kinda like all villagers have that. But it's mostly the case that I like the villagers other people would find ugly or gross, lol.

Last edited:
She's so ugly imo. Why did they make a gorilla be the hello kitty character :\? Why not a kitty?

probably the ugliest villager to me. tries to look cute, ends up horrifying
i get that they intended to make the sanrio villagers a different animal to the original characters but why a gorilla? they could've done something great with kitty

Haha I don't think she's super gross, but she is a bit full-on with the heavy drag queen make-up. It's a lot of "look"!

I agree that a gorilla is an odd choice for a Hello Kitty character. Maybe there were contractual restrictions preventing Nintendo from having a cat. I mean, even a cute little hamster or squirrel would've been better. ;)

Totally agree with the drag queen thing.
tumblr_om7lmvtb5D1vqmv40o1_500.png

I think especially in this picture she looks fabulously trans with the muscles lol

The only amiibo gorilla villager i like is Louie, but talking about Sanrio i was wondering why a Gorilla and not a Cat?

Sanrio i only like the cub bear, which name i ignore.

Sanrio villagers really disappointed me. I have no idea why Marty wasn't a dog while the character he was based of of was. Nintendo makes no sense to me sometimes, all the time.

Last edited:
rilla to me is like trying too hard to make something adorable.

if thats even possible

I agree.

And I absolutely do not understand why they based a gorilla on Hello Kitty and not a cat???? Hello??? Anyone awake in there?

Her design took me a while to get used to, but I've started to find her charming, I don't think enough of the gorilla villagers were cutesy. And I'm honestly fine with them not making the characters species the same as the characters they represent, it adds variety.

Definitely not the only one. I bought a 2 pack of cards from Japan and she was the ONE card I didn't freaking want but of course I did! I don't like any of the gorillas. Even her description in the RV is implying that she is a big oaf, saying something like "she's had her hello kitty shirt since she was little, can't you tell?" If they didn't want to make her a cat, she at least would have been cuter as a squirrel or something.

Back