• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Skyrim

Aw cool I hope you get a lot of cool games and stuff for your bday :), here's a video of customisation https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_hnH5kqxwTQ I really like the expanded options it has. Since the Morrowind expansion recently a new class, Warden has been added that's not in the video and to play an imperial you needed the imperial edition (I got this on PC, collectors edition came with an awesome Molag Bal statue which I have on display) or you can unlock imperial with crowns in game if you really want to play as one, have the imperial horse and have imperial designs on your weapons and armor. One thing to keep in mind before you buy is that it isn't like Skyrim where any race could be anything, player races have strengths and weaknesses with builds and armor does need repairing like it did back in Oblivion. But it's fun, it's massive and there's so much to do and people are generally nice and happy to help new players.

I haven't played Guild Wars, someone recommended it to me but tbh the only MMO I've played properly is ESO, I tried SWTOR and Destiny but couldn't get into them. Maybe I will try Guild Wars in August, more free time then.

OOO! That statue is so cool! And yeah those customization options look great as well as the graphics. I hope if I do get it that I find some neat people to play with, I'd love to get some in game friends, maybe that will persuade me to play more if I have that to look forward to.

I've only seen like a tiny sliver of Guild Wars and to me it seemed interesting, there was an event where my friend and like 12 others were all standing around some huge monster boss and they were all beating him up together so it was fun to watch. I might try it out, but I don't know, I'd have to figure out when I'd be able to play with my friend.

Once I get more into the games and stuff I'm thinking about streaming or making videos because my computer comes with software that helps you with all that so it's really neat. And I've always wanted to do that.

OOO! That statue is so cool! And yeah those customization options look great as well as the graphics. I hope if I do get it that I find some neat people to play with, I'd love to get some in game friends, maybe that will persuade me to play more if I have that to look forward to.

I've only seen like a tiny sliver of Guild Wars and to me it seemed interesting, there was an event where my friend and like 12 others were all standing around some huge monster boss and they were all beating him up together so it was fun to watch. I might try it out, but I don't know, I'd have to figure out when I'd be able to play with my friend.

Once I get more into the games and stuff I'm thinking about streaming or making videos because my computer comes with software that helps you with all that so it's really neat. And I've always wanted to do that.

Nice! I've only made short videos before on PC and like one on PS4, If you do stream or make videos let me know :), I'll often watch YouTube videos of my favourite games when I'm unable to play and I have watched other people's streaming on PS4/PC before. I think you can do it on Xbone as well but I haven't tried.

There are great people on there generally, friendly communities overall and the ESO forums and sub reddits have guild sign ups and people offering free vampire or werewolf bites (don't pay for these or buy them from the crown store if you do play, plenty of people will bite for free It's how I got bites and I also always bite for free. You can get a bite from specific NPC's in high level areas as well but it's quicker to ask for a bite from someone) or you can look in game, people are always advertising guilds in chat. It's a shame that the servers are all separate on ESO or I'd play with you but each platform has it's own servers and I've invested to much in the NA PS4 server to switch back now :(. I play NA because my friends do but also tbh I prefer how quite it is during the times I can play with my EU timezone. It's nice that you can pick your server.

I think I'd enjoy guild wars so I probably will try it in August. Have to try PC again at some point plus I miss my unlimited mods on PC Skyrim.

Last edited:
Nice! I've only made short videos before on PC and like one on PS4, If you do stream or make videos let me know :), I'll often watch YouTube videos of my favourite games when I'm unable to play and I have watched other people's streaming on PS4/PC before. I think you can do it on Xbone as well but I haven't tried.

There are great people on there generally, friendly communities overall and the ESO forums and sub reddits have guild sign ups and people offering free vampire or werewolf bites (don't pay for these or buy them from the crown store if you do play, plenty of people will bite for free It's how I got bites and I also always bite for free. You can get a bite from specific NPC's in high level areas as well but it's quicker to ask for a bite from someone) or you can look in game, people are always advertising guilds in chat. It's a shame that the servers are all separate on ESO or I'd play with you but each platform has it's own servers and I've invested to much in the NA PS4 server to switch back now :(. I play NA because my friends do but also tbh I prefer how quite it is during the times I can play with my EU timezone. It's nice that you can pick your server.

I think I'd enjoy guild wars so I probably will try it in August. Have to try PC again at some point plus I miss my unlimited mods on PC Skyrim.

I'll probably join a server on a different time setting as I would most likely be doing most of my stuff during the middle of the night/early morning for my time zone because that's when I am up for work naturally so I stay up on my days off as well so it'd be beneficial to join somewhere where people will naturally be playing those times. That's nice that people give those bites out, I hate when people try to sell things that are easily obtainable for free.

I know how hard it is shuffling between games, for me right now ACNL is kind of on the shelf because now I'm all over my computer. And I know it's just going to get worse once I get Skyrim going with the mods, and possibly other games, so my 3DS is out of the picture pretty much. I always feel bad about it, like I even feel bad because I'm basically abandoning my PS3 Skyrim too after all that work.

I'll probably join a server on a different time setting as I would most likely be doing most of my stuff during the middle of the night/early morning for my time zone because that's when I am up for work naturally so I stay up on my days off as well so it'd be beneficial to join somewhere where people will naturally be playing those times. That's nice that people give those bites out, I hate when people try to sell things that are easily obtainable for free.

I know how hard it is shuffling between games, for me right now ACNL is kind of on the shelf because now I'm all over my computer. And I know it's just going to get worse once I get Skyrim going with the mods, and possibly other games, so my 3DS is out of the picture pretty much. I always feel bad about it, like I even feel bad because I'm basically abandoning my PS3 Skyrim too after all that work.

Yeah you have a choice of NA or EU which is cool, there's many options for chatting as well so you'll meet lots of people in no time. Yeah a few years ago some people were trying to scam other players with bites, people would pay like 50k + a bite and sometimes the person wouldn't even bite them just run away with the gold, some people would also kill off the NPC spawns capable of turning players so they could have the monopoly. These days there's lots of vampire and werewolf players and both are available in the crown store, these skip the related quests though I think, but you shouldn't have to pay anything like I said many will offer you a bite if you go to the shrines.

I'm like that rn with ACNL, I try to play my main town everyday but my side towns are neglected. I hardly play anything now but make time for ESO on PS4 and my main town. My PC hasn't been turned on in ages and my other consoles are gathering dust. You can always go back though, sometimes it's nice to just play vanilla Skyrim and you might keep your PS3 copy for that :). I'll go back to my other stuff eventually, I'm due holiday at some point lol.

Yeah you have a choice of NA or EU which is cool, there's many options for chatting as well so you'll meet lots of people in no time. Yeah a few years ago some people were trying to scam other players with bites, people would pay like 50k + a bite and sometimes the person wouldn't even bite them just run away with the gold, some people would also kill off the NPC spawns capable of turning players so they could have the monopoly. These days there's lots of vampire and werewolf players and both are available in the crown store, these skip the related quests though I think, but you shouldn't have to pay anything like I said many will offer you a bite if you go to the shrines.

I'm like that rn with ACNL, I try to play my main town everyday but my side towns are neglected. I hardly play anything now but make time for ESO on PS4 and my main town. My PC hasn't been turned on in ages and my other consoles are gathering dust. You can always go back though, sometimes it's nice to just play vanilla Skyrim and you might keep your PS3 copy for that :). I'll go back to my other stuff eventually, I'm due holiday at some point lol.

So I tried playing more with the WASD and Mouse and I think my mouse is a bit laggy with games because I was trying to use it to draw on an online game and it was laggy there too so I don't think it's Skyrim lagging it. So I am going to order myself a controller to play because while I like how fast the WASD is the laggy mouse kills it for me, I could probably just get a wired mouse and it would probably work better but I think I'd just be more comfortable with a controller? I don't know I might just get both and see which I prefer.

So I tried playing more with the WASD and Mouse and I think my mouse is a bit laggy with games because I was trying to use it to draw on an online game and it was laggy there too so I don't think it's Skyrim lagging it. So I am going to order myself a controller to play because while I like how fast the WASD is the laggy mouse kills it for me, I could probably just get a wired mouse and it would probably work better but I think I'd just be more comfortable with a controller? I don't know I might just get both and see which I prefer.

Yeah could be, sometimes wireless mouse can lag badly. Yeah try both see what works for you as I said I personally like controllers better for comfort but you can be a bit limited with them.

Yeah could be, sometimes wireless mouse can lag badly. Yeah try both see what works for you as I said I personally like controllers better for comfort but you can be a bit limited with them.

So I totally bought a gaming mouse and it works better but I also got a controller and I am going to try setting up for Skyrim. AND for my birthday I got ESO! So I'm excited to try it out, my mom also bought me a cooling pad which is really awesome, and it's red like the lights on my computer, and my mouse lights up red too, but I couldn't find a nice red controller so it's blue which bums me out a bit. I NEED MATCHING EVERYTHING! but I still haven't put any mods on, I think I will work on that over the next few days that I have off.

- - - Post Merge - - -

So I totally bought a gaming mouse and it works better but I also got a controller and I am going to try setting up for Skyrim. AND for my birthday I got ESO! So I'm excited to try it out, my mom also bought me a cooling pad which is really awesome, and it's red like the lights on my computer, and my mouse lights up red too, but I couldn't find a nice red controller so it's blue which bums me out a bit. I NEED MATCHING EVERYTHING! but I still haven't put any mods on, I think I will work on that over the next few days that I have off.

Wait.... people are discussing ESO on here? If I had known that, I would have posted on here a while back. Though in saying that, I haven't touched ESO or Skyrim, for that matter, in months. I love the world and lore for the series as a whole, and the designs and views are breathtaking.

However, my PC is showing it's age, and crashes with Skyrim... and I think I ended up playing too much ESO, that I got bored of it, despite not finishing the main quests.

Nice! You're going to have a blast :). I'm the same I like everything matching lol :p, my computer hasn't been used in a very long time now because I prefer tablets/mobile/consoles and would need an upgrade but I had matching colours on all my gaming gear. My fianc?'s PC is an awesome right up to date gaming set up and he has black/red colours on everything it looks so cool. I swear he loves that thing more than anyone lol. I think you'll like ESO :3, and good luck modding!

Wait.... people are discussing ESO on here? If I had known that, I would have posted on here a while back. Though in saying that, I haven't touched ESO or Skyrim, for that matter, in months. I love the world and lore for the series as a whole, and the designs and views are breathtaking.

However, my PC is showing it's age, and crashes with Skyrim... and I think I ended up playing too much ESO, that I got bored of it, despite not finishing the main quests.

Yeah lol, I play on PS4/Xbox one (Skyrim) these days though partly because last time I played on PC I got a kind of motion sickness problem and partly these days for convenience. I do plan to try PC again soon though. You're right the lore is awesome and the world beautiful :), I'm in a guild that has photo contests for ESO and I look forward to landscape editions. I think I like that most about ESO, the people you meet and the exploring/levelling together.

I've got Skyrim for the PC, and there's so many more that I want to use... but unfortunately I can't use. I know Sony has issues with kids and copyright infringement, but I might check what mods are available for the PS4.

As for grouping and joining guilds in ESO, it's a little daunting for an introvert lol. Though I really need to get back into it. Especially given that I bought the Morrowind expansion.

I've got Skyrim for the PC, and there's so many more that I want to use... but unfortunately I can't use. I know Sony has issues with kids and copyright infringement, but I might check what mods are available for the PS4.

As for grouping and joining guilds in ESO, it's a little daunting for an introvert lol. Though I really need to get back into it. Especially given that I bought the Morrowind expansion.

Mods for Skyrim on PS4 are very limited unfortunately, Sony doesn't allow external assets so many mods can't be used on that console and it's limited to 1GB space 100 mod limit. On Xbox one it's not as good as PC of course but at least you have external assets and many PC mods have made it onto Xbox, but you do have a limit of 5GB space and 150 mods. This is why I want to go back to PC, I have quite a few copies of this game across multiple platforms as I've mentioned before in this thread it's one of my favourites :).

Lol tbh I'm kinda introverted in real life as well but I don't mind so much on games or Internet forums like this, it helps that I'm talking about a subject that's relaxing for me (gaming) and not so much personal stuff. If you ever play ESO on PS4 I have guilds and vampire/werewolf bites free for you, people in my guilds seem to be more quite than most. Morrowind was a great expansion, looking forward to future content :).

Mods for Skyrim on PS4 are very limited unfortunately, Sony doesn't allow external assets so many mods can't be used on that console and it's limited to 1GB space 100 mod limit. On Xbox one it's not as good as PC of course but at least you have external assets and many PC mods have made it onto Xbox, but you do have a limit of 5GB space and 150 mods. This is why I want to go back to PC, I have quite a few copies of this game across multiple platforms as I've mentioned before in this thread it's one of my favourites :).

Lol tbh I'm kinda introverted in real life as well but I don't mind so much on games or Internet forums like this, it helps that I'm talking about a subject that's relaxing for me (gaming) and not so much personal stuff. If you ever play ESO on PS4 I have guilds and vampire/werewolf bites free for you, people in my guilds seem to be more quite than most. Morrowind was a great expansion, looking forward to future content :).

I actually have it for the PS4, but I've been playing on the EU server. If crown store purchases transferred between servers, I'd be tempted to try the NA server, but I'm not sure that they do.

I'm not super deep into Skyrim, but I do enjoy it! I had a file on xbox for an Imperial thief, but then I snagged PC for 5 bucks during a summer sale. I only just started that file, and I'm doing a khajiit this time. I'm thinking about installing mods but I'm not sure what. anybody have suggestions?

I actually have it for the PS4, but I've been playing on the EU server. If crown store purchases transferred between servers, I'd be tempted to try the NA server, but I'm not sure that they do.

Ah yeah I don't think those transfer unless you bought them from PS store (like stuff that came with DLC/expansion packs). I play NA because my friend was NA plus I like the server being less full due to time zones (I'm EU). When I played on PC I was EU server but couldn't get into it back then.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm not super deep into Skyrim, but I do enjoy it! I had a file on xbox for an Imperial thief, but then I snagged PC for 5 bucks during a summer sale. I only just started that file, and I'm doing a khajiit this time. I'm thinking about installing mods but I'm not sure what. anybody have suggestions?

Vivid weathers, lush overhaul, realistic waters, better farmhouse wood and anything that improves on the already great graphics to start :), also mods that improve dialogue, smoother facial textures really help as vanilla faces looked a bit blocky and the hair wasn't great imo this is just my preferences though :). There's some great mods for book covers as well.

Vivid weathers, lush overhaul, realistic waters, better farmhouse wood and anything that improves on the already great graphics to start :), also mods that improve dialogue, smoother facial textures really help as vanilla faces looked a bit blocky and the hair wasn't great imo this is just my preferences though :). There's some great mods for book covers as well.

thanks for the recs! :D

Back