Skyrim

Yeah I'll definitely have to check out the anthology, I have it on my wishlist, so who knows maybe someone will get it for me for my birthday!(I should have my computer by then...hopefully) Was playing a bit this weekend. And did the Galdur amulet quest, which I hate! Stupid dude shouting me around like a ragdoll! Also finally went to Volunruud to start the Emperor quest which is tedious as all heck too, I think I am going to TRY to use my werewolf form this time to do a lot of the killing, but I'm not looking forward to being shoved in mother's coffin again... I love most of the "main" quests but I try to space them out and do a lot of smaller quests in between.

I do enjoy doing the dark brotherhood quests in Skyrim and was happy to see Lucien Lachance return from Oblivion days but I felt older games had more interesting quest lines. Idk might just be me. you're right though that amulet one was tedious. Hopefully you can get the anthology soon :) it really is cool.

Any Xbox One Skyrim players here who are experienced with mods. I've been following guides and spending hours upon hours working on my load orders even going to the point of starting a whole new save.

https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/6k5ycv/load_order_help_i_organized_it/

It just feels like such a waste to put all these mods together only to have my game crash. I'm at the point of giving up. It's just becoming too much of a hassle to enjoy the mods when my game keeps consistently crashing.

I'm no expert on mods but I can post my Xbox load order if it helps, I've rarely had problems with crashing and it's all been quite a smooth experience. Have you been deleting mods at all? Sometimes some mods have scripts that they leave on your save even once the mod is deleted though I'm not sure if that would cause crashing so much as take up your space.

I'm no expert on mods but I can post my Xbox load order if it helps, I've rarely had problems with crashing and it's all been quite a smooth experience. Have you been deleting mods at all? Sometimes some mods have scripts that they leave on your save even once the mod is deleted though I'm not sure if that would cause crashing so much as take up your space.

In my first file I was deleting and moving stuff all over the place and didn't realize how much that affected the game. Since then, I've started a new game with a fresh, organized list of mods and as far as the guide I've been following, shows, there doesn't appear to be conflicts with anything on my list. I do have a few mods that are not on the guide though. When I started this save, I did a hard reset with everything I've downloaded, organized the mods by category beforehand, and made sure nothing conflicted.

I know it takes time to write all of the load order down so you don't have to. I do like referencing off of people's load orders to help with mine so if you feel like it I'd appreciate it. If not, don't worry about it.

I've attempted to get into it (vanilla and with mods) but never could. Just never drew me in like Morrowind and Oblivion did. I plan to give the HD version a shot once the modders have it sorted out, with it being 64 bit it should solve a lot of stability issues the game has.

I do enjoy doing the dark brotherhood quests in Skyrim and was happy to see Lucien Lachance return from Oblivion days but I felt older games had more interesting quest lines. Idk might just be me. you're right though that amulet one was tedious. Hopefully you can get the anthology soon :) it really is cool.
I was a bit worried because it was sold out last week but it's back up on amazon, so hopefully someone will love me enough to get it for me for my birthday next month once I have my computer. =D And I saw the maps and stuff it comes with which look really cool! Been playing it less now on PS3 because I kind of want to "save" it for when I get my laptop which should be in a little over a week, once I get my check in!!! =D I'm so excited, I'm on one of the FB pages and I've been looking at mods people have been suggesting that improve the game a whole lot so I'm stoked to try them, and to have the DLC too and better graphics, I'm just really excited, so I'm like, putting myself off Vanilla, played for like 2 minutes the other day, did one mini-quest and I was like, MEH. I just want that BETTER Skyrim. (And I'm excited to be able to have a real laptop again jfc it's been forever!)

In my first file I was deleting and moving stuff all over the place and didn't realize how much that affected the game. Since then, I've started a new game with a fresh, organized list of mods and as far as the guide I've been following, shows, there doesn't appear to be conflicts with anything on my list. I do have a few mods that are not on the guide though. When I started this save, I did a hard reset with everything I've downloaded, organized the mods by category beforehand, and made sure nothing conflicted.

I know it takes time to write all of the load order down so you don't have to. I do like referencing off of people's load orders to help with mine so if you feel like it I'd appreciate it. If not, don't worry about it.

It's not a problem, I have the list written for myself in my phone notes anyway. Idk if this is order is what's advised but it's always worked for me, some mods have since been deleted and if I couldn't see the name properly they are just marked as deleted mods. I also have more than the Beth limit allows because I downloaded them before the limit was in place. As I said before I've never had many problems.

Unofficial patch
Campfire
Frostfall
Menu replacer (doesn't affect anything in game just changes title menu)
No borders Solstheim
Merchant death prevention
Hearthfire attacks disabled
Better Riften performance
Vampires suck: no attacks in towns
Bring out your dead
Relationship dialogue overhaul
Oblivious horses
Girly animation
Girly animation shared
Faster get up stand up animation
Lore and gender heights
Concentrated vanilla magic
Hearthfire multiple adoptions
The Paarthurnax dilemma
Lampposts of Skyrim
Death Star 1 and 2 moons
Christmas Lanterns
Shadowmarks
Shezire's old hroldan town
Riverwood reborn
Winterhold rebuilt
Whistling mine (village expansion)
Darkwater crossing (village expansion)
Helarchen creek
Iverstead (village expansion)
Shor's stone (village expansion)
Kynesgrove (village expansion)
Karthwasten (village expansion)
Soljund's Sinkhole (village expansion)
Gildergreen regrown
Small Breezehome animal pens
Better Tel Mithryn
Expanded carriage service
Dawnguard tweaks
Septimus Signus outpost overhaul
Corpses of Septimus Signus
Hunt: Dragon skulls
The forgotten City
The Temple of time Kokiri's Valley
Clockwork
The Wheels of Lull
Aethernautics: A space travel mod
Delves of the stone legion
Blackreach railroad
Dragon under Whiterun
Insanity Clause: A Christmas quest
Storefront
Jiub's Opus & Arvak's skull quest markers
Stones of Barenziah quest markers
Pastel map markers
Populated lands, roads, paths
Kissing, immersive lovers comfort
Share your meal
Super simple bathing
Master the summit
Become a bard
Equippable tomes
Equippable tomes campfire edition
Elsweyr imports
Saerileth choice: models and texture jewellery
Vivid weathers
Lush overhaul
Manor roads
Better farmhouse wood
Realistic water two
Dracula vampire Lord transformation
Hello Darkness
Cheat room
Sheogorath's cheat menu
Spawn any npc
Infinite chest
Dwarven luggage
Aetherium forge chest
Jarls with sleeves
Call of Trainwiz
Hermit's hideaway
Severin manor tweaks
Antennaria
Sleeping tree sanctuary
Volgon estate
The Scarlett - a buildable ship
Princess Proudspire manor
Proudspire manor balcony
Blackthorn - a buildable town
Magical college of winterhold
Skyrim pizza
Warming houses
Bee hives
Mannequin stay put
Summon valedeer
Birds of Skyrim
Skybirds
Birds and flocks
Curious birds of Skyrim
Frost Giants
The four horsemen
Purification of Skyrim
Grey cowl of Nocturnal
Color patches remove
Beast Skeletons
Silt Strider mounts
Festive Flight
Unicorn SE
Friends in Skyrim
Fluffin's followers Winston
Jareth follower
Niall follower
Riordan follower
Taliesin follower
Dwemer dogs companions
Meeko is a husky
Plague doctor outfit (inc follower)
Blaze of even tide
Cats kingdom
My home is your home
Austin's spell pack
FE Snow elf magic
Left hand rings
Useable giants club
Sky cutter
Magicka sabres
Eimar's edge
Ghosu Auriel's crossbow & sword
Wands
LOTR weapons
Wearable lanterns
Dwemer light cube
Wizard hats
Earring of godly unburden
Skaal Santa suit
(3 armor's that have since been deleted by the author)
Hex fiend armory
Shadowrend
Night walker armor
(Deleted item)
Particle field
Fate weapons and armor
Seraphim dark Lilith
Musketeer (outfit and gun)
Musketeer animation
Archmage robes to psijic
Dwemer goggles and scouter
Cloaks and capes
Ashara paragon jewellery
Seraphim lady vaermina robes
Ashara romantic outfit
Seraphim leere armor
Nocturnal's clothes
Animated dragon and feather wings
Kynareth's crown
Equipable horns
Seraphim thunderbird armor
Seraphim vanilla armor converter
Serana and Valerica hairstyle
Serana Nordic female preset
KS hairdos lite
Skyrim eyebrows
Seraphim female body replacer
Adorable females
Natural eyes
Warpaints
RS children overhaul
Alternate start: live another life

I actually use more mods on Xbox than I ever did on PC.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I was a bit worried because it was sold out last week but it's back up on amazon, so hopefully someone will love me enough to get it for me for my birthday next month once I have my computer. =D And I saw the maps and stuff it comes with which look really cool! Been playing it less now on PS3 because I kind of want to "save" it for when I get my laptop which should be in a little over a week, once I get my check in!!! =D I'm so excited, I'm on one of the FB pages and I've been looking at mods people have been suggesting that improve the game a whole lot so I'm stoked to try them, and to have the DLC too and better graphics, I'm just really excited, so I'm like, putting myself off Vanilla, played for like 2 minutes the other day, did one mini-quest and I was like, MEH. I just want that BETTER Skyrim. (And I'm excited to be able to have a real laptop again jfc it's been forever!)

I'm excited for you :D, you're going to have a blast!

It's not a problem, I have the list written for myself in my phone notes anyway. Idk if this is order is what's advised but it's always worked for me, some mods have since been deleted and if I couldn't see the name properly they are just marked as deleted mods. I also have more than the Beth limit allows because I downloaded them before the limit was in place. As I said before I've never had many problems.

Unofficial patch
Campfire
Frostfall
No borders Solstheim
Bring out your dead
Oblivious horses
Girly animation
Girly animation shared
Lore and gender heights
The Paarthurnax dilemma
Lampposts of Skyrim
Death Star 1 and 2 moons
Christmas Lanterns
Shadowmarks
Riverwood reborn
Winterhold rebuilt
Helarchen creek
Gildergreen regrown
Better Tel Mithryn
Dawnguard tweaks
The forgotten City
Clockwork
The Wheels of Lull
Blackreach railroad
Dragon under Whiterun
Storefront
Pastel map markers
Share your meal
Super simple bathing
Master the summit
Become a bard
Equippable tomes
Elsweyr imports
Vivid weathers
Lush overhaul
Manor roads
Better farmhouse wood
Realistic water two
Hello Darkness
Cheat room
Sheogorath's cheat menu
Spawn any npc
Infinite chest
Dwarven luggage
Aetherium forge chest
Jarls with sleeves
Call of Trainwiz
Hermit's hideaway
Severin manor tweaks
Antennaria
Sleeping tree sanctuary
Volgon estate
Proudspire manor balcony
Skyrim pizza
Warming houses
Bee hives
Mannequin stay put
Summon valedeer
Birds of Skyrim
Skybirds
Birds and flocks
Curious birds of Skyrim
Frost Giants
The four horsemen
Purification of Skyrim
Grey cowl of Nocturnal
Color patches remove
Beast Skeletons
Silt Strider mounts
Festive Flight
Unicorn SE
Friends in Skyrim
Jareth follower
Niall follower
Riordan follower
Taliesin follower
Dwemer dogs companions
Meeko is a husky
Blaze of even tide
Cats kingdom
My home is your home
Austin's spell pack
FE Snow elf magic
Left hand rings
Useable giants club
Sky cutter
Magicka sabres
Eimar's edge
Wands
LOTR weapons
Wearable lanterns
Dwemer light cube
Wizard hats
Skaal Santa suit
Hex fiend armory
Shadowrend
Night walker armor
(Deleted item)
Particle field
Fate weapons and armor
Seraphim dark Lilith
Musketeer animation
Archmage robes to psijic
Cloaks and capes
Ashara paragon jewellery
Ashara romantic outfit
Seraphim leere armor
Nocturnal's clothes
Kynareth's crown
Equipable horns
KS hairdos lite
Skyrim eyebrows
Adorable females
Natural eyes
Warpaints
RS children overhaul

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm excited for you :D, you're going to have a blast!

I always laugh at how everyone debugs the mannequins. They're nightmare fuel and I think that enhanced the game a bit for me, because I almost DIED upon first entering Proudspire from that door. One that someone suggested was the 'true heights" mod where the characters are all more to the Lore classification of sizes, which sounds rad, but I'm already terrified of giants, even though at my level I can walk up and hit them in the shin twice and they die, but STILL my memories of rag-dolling are fresh and I hate it so much, so I'm just imagining HORRIFYINGLY tall giants and I don't know if I'm ready for that. XD
Definitely want to make it so the vampires can't come murder all the towns people too cause that would such to lose all the merchants.

I always laugh at how everyone debugs the mannequins. They're nightmare fuel and I think that enhanced the game a bit for me, because I almost DIED upon first entering Proudspire from that door. One that someone suggested was the 'true heights" mod where the characters are all more to the Lore classification of sizes, which sounds rad, but I'm already terrified of giants, even though at my level I can walk up and hit them in the shin twice and they die, but STILL my memories of rag-dolling are fresh and I hate it so much, so I'm just imagining HORRIFYINGLY tall giants and I don't know if I'm ready for that. XD
Definitely want to make it so the vampires can't come murder all the towns people too cause that would such to lose all the merchants.

Lol yes they are so creepy :p, I wanted because I downloaded mod houses with many mannequins and didn't want a terrifying army marching about. Oh that sounds like the mod I have lore and gender heights, it's funny to see tiny male Bosmer.

Yeah I have merchant death prevention as well, it annoys me when they die especially quest related ones. The spawn any NPC is helpful if you can't find someone as well as it brings them to your location, the mod also has a goodies chest with interesting spells.

I would also highly recommend relationship dialogue overhaul, vastly improves the experience with unused lines and stops you hearing the same lines over and over. And Corpses of Septimus Signus, small mod that adds the required bodies for the blood harvest outside his door. Useful time saver and no one dies.

Last edited:
Lol yes they are so creepy :p, I wanted because I downloaded mod houses with many mannequins and didn't want a terrifying army marching about. Oh that sounds like the mod I have lore and gender heights, it's funny to see tiny male Bosmer.

Yeah I have merchant death prevention as well, it annoys me when they die especially quest related ones. The spawn any NPC is helpful if you can't find someone as well as it brings them to your location, the mod also has a goodies chest with interesting spells.

I would also highly recommend relationship dialogue overhaul, vastly improves the experience with unused lines and stops you hearing the same lines over and over. And Corpses of Septimus Signus, small mod that adds the required bodies for the blood harvest outside his door. Useful time saver and no one dies.

Oh man yeah that Septimus thing will be awesome, I hate traveling over everywhere, especially trying to find bandits with the right blood because I'm Blood-Kin so I have to find them outside of their little forts/holds or whatever you'd call them. And yeah for sure getting some dialogue mods, and the mods that bring the things they didn't include in the final game, like the stuff they had in the early concepts like the big town signs and capes and stuff, a guy made a huge list like yours on the FB group and I saved it because I wanted to be able to go back to it, he had a lot of the same stuff you have on yours. I definitely want to get your pretty book mod cause I also like having full bookshelves but they all look so similar. A LOT of my mods are probably going to be aesthetic stuff too, I can't wait for non-Vanilla. I'm jazzed! My boyfriend is going to be so jealous, he's like a kid, so when he sees me playing he's like "aw man i want to play now." so he'll be stuck with Vanilla while I play on the computer but I'll of course have to SHARE lol

Oh man yeah that Septimus thing will be awesome, I hate traveling over everywhere, especially trying to find bandits with the right blood because I'm Blood-Kin so I have to find them outside of their little forts/holds or whatever you'd call them. And yeah for sure getting some dialogue mods, and the mods that bring the things they didn't include in the final game, like the stuff they had in the early concepts like the big town signs and capes and stuff, a guy made a huge list like yours on the FB group and I saved it because I wanted to be able to go back to it, he had a lot of the same stuff you have on yours. I definitely want to get your pretty book mod cause I also like having full bookshelves but they all look so similar. A LOT of my mods are probably going to be aesthetic stuff too, I can't wait for non-Vanilla. I'm jazzed! My boyfriend is going to be so jealous, he's like a kid, so when he sees me playing he's like "aw man i want to play now." so he'll be stuck with Vanilla while I play on the computer but I'll of course have to SHARE lol

Lol yes you'll probably have to fight for it :p, yeah the cloaks and capes mod is great and should have been in the game anyway imo, Skyrim is freezing why wouldn't they have capes lol, especially the guards. I currently have a white fur cape, white fur backpack (comes with campfire I think and basically adds carrying capacity and helps with aesthetics because it displays your tent, cooking pot, torch and you can add a devine amulet and have that amulets effect added to your character so you can free up your necklace space for something else. Mine currently has a amulet of Talos) and a lantern on my Bosmer and she looks adorable. Plus it helps with frostfall.

Sadly I had to delete my book mod on Xbox to free space and now I can't download it again due to Beth changing the rules and capping the mod limit to 150. I still have it on PC if I ever can play that again though and it really is beautiful.

Unofficial patch
Campfire
Frostfall
No borders Solstheim
Bring out your dead
Oblivious horses
Girly animation
Girly animation shared
Lore and gender heights
The Paarthurnax dilemma
Lampposts of Skyrim
Death Star 1 and 2 moons
Christmas Lanterns
Shadowmarks
Riverwood reborn
Winterhold rebuilt
Helarchen creek
Gildergreen regrown
Better Tel Mithryn
Dawnguard tweaks
The forgotten City
Clockwork
The Wheels of Lull
Blackreach railroad
Dragon under Whiterun
Storefront
Pastel map markers
Share your meal
Super simple bathing
Master the summit
Become a bard
Equippable tomes
Elsweyr imports
Vivid weathers
Lush overhaul
Manor roads
Better farmhouse wood
Realistic water two
Hello Darkness
Cheat room
Sheogorath's cheat menu
Spawn any npc
Infinite chest
Dwarven luggage
Aetherium forge chest
Jarls with sleeves
Call of Trainwiz
Hermit's hideaway
Severin manor tweaks
Antennaria
Sleeping tree sanctuary
Volgon estate
Proudspire manor balcony
Skyrim pizza
Warming houses
Bee hives
Mannequin stay put
Summon valedeer
Birds of Skyrim
Skybirds
Birds and flocks
Curious birds of Skyrim
Frost Giants
The four horsemen
Purification of Skyrim
Grey cowl of Nocturnal
Color patches remove
Beast Skeletons
Silt Strider mounts
Festive Flight
Unicorn SE
Friends in Skyrim
Jareth follower
Niall follower
Riordan follower
Taliesin follower
Dwemer dogs companions
Meeko is a husky
Blaze of even tide
Cats kingdom
My home is your home
Austin's spell pack
FE Snow elf magic
Left hand rings
Useable giants club
Sky cutter
Magicka sabres
Eimar's edge
Wands
LOTR weapons
Wearable lanterns
Dwemer light cube
Wizard hats
Skaal Santa suit
Hex fiend armory
Shadowrend
Night walker armor
(Deleted item)
Particle field
Fate weapons and armor
Seraphim dark Lilith
Musketeer animation
Archmage robes to psijic
Cloaks and capes
Ashara paragon jewellery
Ashara romantic outfit
Seraphim leere armor
Nocturnal's clothes
Kynareth's crown
Equipable horns
KS hairdos lite
Skyrim eyebrows
Adorable females
Natural eyes
Warpaints
RS children overhaul

Thank you! I'm amazed you have all of that and it works out. I think I found the issue with that crash I had. Apparently a lot of people on the Xbox One have had crash problems surrounding Windhelm. I tried fast traveling to several major cities with no crashes. Tried fast traveling to Windhelm a couple of times and the second time it crashed. Here's my current Xbox One load order:

LOAD ORDER

Last edited:
Thank you! I'm amazed you have all of that and it works out. I think I found the issue with that crash I had. Apparently a lot of people on the Xbox One have had crash problems surrounding Windhelm. I tried fast traveling to several major cities with no crashes. Tried fast traveling to Windhelm a couple of times and the second time it crashed. Here's my current Xbox One load order:

LOAD ORDER

Most of them are quite small and patches or add in minor things like bee hives just adds a row of bee hives outside Honningbrew meadery (always thought it was weird that place didn't have any, I can't imagine Maven would share Goldenglow estate). but yes all work very smoothly :). The only problems I ever had were a bit of lagging in Riften which a few others had but the patch sorted that out and with the build your own town mod Blackthorn I had a crashing issue when entering the player home but I think it's because I built the town all at once instead of spacing it out, doesn't have an issue on my current character.

Last edited:
Lol yes you'll probably have to fight for it :p, yeah the cloaks and capes mod is great and should have been in the game anyway imo, Skyrim is freezing why wouldn't they have capes lol, especially the guards. I currently have a white fur cape, white fur backpack (comes with campfire I think and basically adds carrying capacity and helps with aesthetics because it displays your tent, cooking pot, torch and you can add a devine amulet and have that amulets effect added to your character so you can free up your necklace space for something else. Mine currently has a amulet of Talos) and a lantern on my Bosmer and she looks adorable. Plus it helps with frostfall.

Sadly I had to delete my book mod on Xbox to free space and now I can't download it again due to Beth changing the rules and capping the mod limit to 150. I still have it on PC if I ever can play that again though and it really is beautiful.

The backpack does seem really helpful especially with the second necklace, I always wear Talos because I am a stickler for getting all those things you have to shout over to. But I got a really neat health one that add a TON of health so I have been carrying it but I always forget to switch them out. I can't wait to find some really pretty mods. I really want to be able to add an open chest in my house so I can toss my jewels in it, I just saw a stuck open chest (it wasn't usable as a chest) in some wizard place the other day and I never knew they existed so now I NEED one to fill with my jewel hoard!

The backpack does seem really helpful especially with the second necklace, I always wear Talos because I am a stickler for getting all those things you have to shout over to. But I got a really neat health one that add a TON of health so I have been carrying it but I always forget to switch them out. I can't wait to find some really pretty mods. I really want to be able to add an open chest in my house so I can toss my jewels in it, I just saw a stuck open chest (it wasn't usable as a chest) in some wizard place the other day and I never knew they existed so now I NEED one to fill with my jewel hoard!

Yes that would be cool to have displayed in your house :). Another great mod for traveling and storage is the Dwarven luggage, link to the PC one http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/6320/?. I wouldn't be without it and it's very Terry Pratchett.

Last edited:
Yes that would be cool to have displayed in your house :). Another great mod for traveling and storage is the Dwarven luggage, link to the PC one http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/6320/?. I wouldn't be without it and it's very Terry Pratchett.

Oh my god, he's so cute! I would totally give him a name and everything. That's super cool! It'd be nice to be able to carry extra stuff there instead of having a massive chest filled with everything I own in Whiterun.

Oh my god, he's so cute! I would totally give him a name and everything. That's super cool! It'd be nice to be able to carry extra stuff there instead of having a massive chest filled with everything I own in Whiterun.

He is awesome, it's nice to have all my items stored in the chest rather than carrying everything. Plus he'll jump into fights but you can tell him not to, he has several commands including picking any home you own as his home and he will stay there.

He is awesome, it's nice to have all my items stored in the chest rather than carrying everything. Plus he'll jump into fights but you can tell him not to, he has several commands including picking any home you own as his home and he will stay there.

Aww, he's like a little dog! That is my favorite thing about Shadowmere, though I will probably make him un-killable when I get my PC, I love how we'll fast travel and he'll just be like fighting everything around us, I love it. I know there are some neat mod horses, but I am just in love with Shadowmere so I don't think I could part with him. Have you downloaded any of the additional town mods? They seem really extensive and I'd love to have more than just what the DLC brings, because like I said I want it to "feel" like a new game, and I'll especially enjoy new quests and storylines and I see on the nexus site there are some really neat towns you can add to the game, I'm just worried about how well they work.

Aww, he's like a little dog! That is my favorite thing about Shadowmere, though I will probably make him un-killable when I get my PC, I love how we'll fast travel and he'll just be like fighting everything around us, I love it. I know there are some neat mod horses, but I am just in love with Shadowmere so I don't think I could part with him. Have you downloaded any of the additional town mods? They seem really extensive and I'd love to have more than just what the DLC brings, because like I said I want it to "feel" like a new game, and I'll especially enjoy new quests and storylines and I see on the nexus site there are some really neat towns you can add to the game, I'm just worried about how well they work.

I have oblivious horses mod which makes then not jump into fights and be ignored by enemies I think, really helps save money on horse costs :p. I really like Shadowmere too, I think there's a mod that changes them to the Oblivion model (girl, immortal, extra strength I think).

I have quite a few town mods, most are expansions of existing areas or places that were in previous games or lore but not in vanilla Skyrim. One I really like is Old Hroldan town mod, it adds a whole village with shops around the tavern originally there and greatly expands the tavern. There's also a few quests, property for sale and an underground area. You can also enter certain property through windows which is neat. Blackthorn build your own town is also great and adds a large house for you, animals, shops, tavern, guard barracks and stables etc and you can hire npc's to work and live there.

The forgotten City is a fantastic mod, really well done and adds a new area and quests as does Falskaar, adds a large map area with a good main quest and side quests, player home and is great on PC. I'd also recommend Clockwork just because I love it, the house and story are just amazing.

Also I'd recommend RS children overhaul, it changes all the children in game (modded children need patches if available) and they actually look different to each other https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QLtqByeLNC8.

Last edited:
I have oblivious horses mod which makes then not jump into fights and be ignored by enemies I think, really helps save money on horse costs :p. I really like Shadowmere too, I think there's a mod that changes them to the Oblivion model (girl, immortal, extra strength I think).

I have quite a few town mods, most are expansions of existing areas or places that were in previous games or lore but not in vanilla Skyrim. One I really like is Old Hroldan town mod, it adds a whole village with shops around the tavern originally there and greatly expands the tavern. There's also a few quests, property for sale and an underground area. You can also enter certain property through windows which is neat. Blackthorn build your own town is also great and adds a large house for you, animals, shops, tavern, guard barracks and stables etc and you can hire npc's to work and live there.

The forgotten City is a fantastic mod, really well done and adds a new area and quests as does Falskaar, adds a large map area with a good main quest and side quests, player home and is great on PC. I'd also recommend Clockwork just because I love it, the house and story are just amazing.

Also I'd recommend RS children overhaul, it changes all the children in game (modded children need patches if available) and they actually look different to each other https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QLtqByeLNC8.

I'll have to check those out, and yeah I'm for sure getting kid mods when and if I decide on getting a kid once I get a house, I hate that they all look the same because I hate Braith and whoever the Jarl's evil son is called, they make me hate ALL the other kids since they look the same.

Just got my check today so once it goes through I'm going to get whichever laptop I decide on and I'm STOKED. Like there goes my productivity on my days off. XD

Last edited:
I'll have to check those out, and yeah I'm for sure getting kid mods when and if I decide on getting a kid once I get a house, I hate that they all look the same because I hate Braith and whoever the Jarl's evil son is called, they make me hate ALL the other kids since they look the same.

Just got my check today so once it goes through I'm going to get whichever laptop I decide on and I'm STOKED. Like there goes my productivity on my days off. XD

Yeah she's a little brat but her parents are kind of dismissive of her so I feel a bit bad for her. Bullies often have bad home lives I guess they were trying to get at. I like her appearance better with the RS children mod because she's actually dark skinned like her parents, always wondered why they made a Redguard child so pale. There's also a few mods that add in elven children and I think beast races as well which is cool.

Nice! :) make sure to let us know when you're up and running with it and enjoying modded adventures in Skyrim. Seriously I can't play without mods now they just make everything so much nicer looking and interesting. My partner is a PC gamer with a pretty nice set up but he mostly plays Star Wars Old Republic MMO and Civilisation games. He did get the same anthology of Elder Scrolls games as me and Dragon Age Origins digitally which I've been encouraging him to play but it's difficult with his work to find time. If you want to play disks btw you might need a separate drive, I don't think most come with CD/DVD drives anymore.

Last edited:
Yeah she's a little brat but her parents are kind of dismissive of her so I feel a bit bad for her. Bullies often have bad home lives I guess they were trying to get at. I like her appearance better with the RS children mod because she's actually dark skinned like her parents, always wondered why they made a Redguard child so pale. There's also a few mods that add in elven children and I think beast races as well which is cool.

Nice! :) make sure to let us know when you're up and running with it and enjoying modded adventures in Skyrim. Seriously I can't play without mods now they just make everything so much nicer looking and interesting. My partner is a PC gamer with a pretty nice set up but he mostly plays Star Wars Old Republic MMO and Civilisation games. He did get the same anthology of Elder Scrolls games as me and Dragon Age Origins digitally which I've been encouraging him to play but it's difficult with his work to find time. If you want to play disks btw you might need a separate drive, I don't think most come with CD/DVD drives anymore.

Yeah, I found one with a Disc Drive, but I'm going to do some last minute comparison and if it's worth it I might get the one without the drive and the extra fan. But I think that's just so silly, I do have Skyrim digitally on Steam so it wont be a problem to play, but I have Sims on physical discs and i for sure want to play that more too. And yes! I'm going to keep posting here and talk about my modding adventures! Glad to have people to talk to about it who still play, the only conversations you can find about it these days are people *****ing about it on the Switch because of paid mods and stuff. So it's nice to have someone to talk to who plays still. =D

And I know the feeling of not enough time. I work 40hrs a week, and night shift so it will be fun trying to find time, especially since I'm starting online classes soon. BUT I WILL FIND TIME.

Back