• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Skyrim

Yeah, I found one with a Disc Drive, but I'm going to do some last minute comparison and if it's worth it I might get the one without the drive and the extra fan. But I think that's just so silly, I do have Skyrim digitally on Steam so it wont be a problem to play, but I have Sims on physical discs and i for sure want to play that more too. And yes! I'm going to keep posting here and talk about my modding adventures! Glad to have people to talk to about it who still play, the only conversations you can find about it these days are people *****ing about it on the Switch because of paid mods and stuff. So it's nice to have someone to talk to who plays still. =D

And I know the feeling of not enough time. I work 40hrs a week, and night shift so it will be fun trying to find time, especially since I'm starting online classes soon. BUT I WILL FIND TIME.

Yeah loads of my games are physical copies from back when I played more on PC, partner and I both had disk versions of ESO as well. I'm more with consoles now and I do prefer owning the disks. I don't really like being forced to go digital which is what it feels like tbh.

Yeah same here hours are brutal especially my partner he is doing 13 hours today :eek:. Lol yes you can always find time for gaming :).

Yeah loads of my games are physical copies from back when I played more on PC, partner and I both had disk versions of ESO as well. I'm more with consoles now and I do prefer owning the disks. I don't really like being forced to go digital which is what it feels like tbh.

Yeah same here hours are brutal especially my partner he is doing 13 hours today :eek:. Lol yes you can always find time for gaming :).

I told my boyfriend that he was going to wake up on our days off and see me wide eyed pounding energy drinks at 4am still playing. XD I'll probably have to control and pace myself cause I probably would end up playing all night if I had the chance to. And yeah it seems like they are doing stuff digitally more and more, which could suck if you lost the pass code to something like steam or whatever game site. Like I have a lot of digital expansions for Sims on origin, like two on amazon and then multiple physical discs including the base game, so it would suck to lose my expansions if i was to get locked out. But yeah more games are all about DLC as well, like the base games are crappy without the DLC and you can't play online without DLC "maps" or passes, it kind of sucks that everything turning into that. =[

Last edited:
I told my boyfriend that he was going to wake up on our days off and see me wide eyed pounding energy drinks at 4am still playing. XD I'll probably have to control and pace myself cause I probably would end up playing all night if I had the chance to. And yeah it seems like they are doing stuff digitally more and more, which could suck if you lost the pass code to something like steam or whatever game site. Like I have a lot of digital expansions for Sims on origin, like two on amazon and then multiple physical discs including the base game, so it would suck to lose my expansions if i was to get locked out. But yeah more games are all about DLC as well, like the base games are crappy without the DLC and you can't play online without DLC "maps" or passes, it kind of sucks that everything turning into that. =[

Yeah it seems a lot of PC games come as a code in a box and I just prefer having a disc. Yeah I remember Sims base without expansions lol, they are basic. My favourite is still Sims 2 and I had fun using and making mods with it. I tried 3 but I didn't really like the extra paywall for hair styles and clothing. Companies are getting really greedy for sure.

Yeah it seems a lot of PC games come as a code in a box and I just prefer having a disc. Yeah I remember Sims base without expansions lol, they are basic. My favourite is still Sims 2 and I had fun using and making mods with it. I tried 3 but I didn't really like the extra paywall for hair styles and clothing. Companies are getting really greedy for sure.

Yeah it's kind of a bummer for sure. But I got my laptop last night! Only got as far as downloading stuff onto it not really playing much of anything so far. But I downloaded Skyrim and I'm looking forward to trying it out maybe in the morning after work. Just by the time I got everythign downloaded onto it I was too pooped and had to go to sleep. XD

Yeah it's kind of a bummer for sure. But I got my laptop last night! Only got as far as downloading stuff onto it not really playing much of anything so far. But I downloaded Skyrim and I'm looking forward to trying it out maybe in the morning after work. Just by the time I got everythign downloaded onto it I was too pooped and had to go to sleep. XD

Nice! Hope you're enjoying it :). Idk if this mod made it to the updated version of Skyrim yet but an Altmer intrigue was a great mod as well and there's loads of haunted house/horror type mods about on PC if you're into spooky stuff. And now beyond Skyrim is starting to come out it makes me want to try PC again.

Last edited:
Nice! Hope you're enjoying it :). Idk if this mod made it to the updated version of Skyrim yet but an Altmer intrigue was a great mod as well and there's loads of haunted house/horror type mods about on PC if you're into spooky stuff. And now beyond Skyrim is starting to come out it makes me want to try PC again.

I'm definitely into spooky stuff! Still haven't gotten a chance to try it out yet, because I turned on my PC this morning and it was like "hey we're going to update for an hour, hope you didn't want to use this computer!" so by the time it was done i was ready for bed XD I'm going to try starting it up today for sure cause i just want to see it working, before i try mods and everything. and i kind of want to see how it feels playing with a mouse and keyboard before i buy a controller for it.

I'm definitely into spooky stuff! Still haven't gotten a chance to try it out yet, because I turned on my PC this morning and it was like "hey we're going to update for an hour, hope you didn't want to use this computer!" so by the time it was done i was ready for bed XD I'm going to try starting it up today for sure cause i just want to see it working, before i try mods and everything. and i kind of want to see how it feels playing with a mouse and keyboard before i buy a controller for it.

Ah that sucks, it's taunting you at this point I think :p. Yeah its recommended that you have mod free saves as well as modded in case of corruptions, nexus mod installer was great to help with load order (it's different way around to consoles) but I haven't used it since the updated Skyrim. I personally prefer controller but it's what you're most comfortable with. When I got my Xbox one it was an elite and came with the special elite controller which is actually great for PC use with it's extra buttons, my fianc? who usually prefers mouse and keyboard basically stole it lol. It's a bit pricy on its own but there's cheaper versions.

Haven't played it in a while but the last time i did without mods, I lost on those Dragon Lord masks :(

Been meaning to play again and get all the Dragon masks. Unfortunately Overwatch and mass effect have taken up my time.

Ah that sucks, it's taunting you at this point I think :p. Yeah its recommended that you have mod free saves as well as modded in case of corruptions, nexus mod installer was great to help with load order (it's different way around to consoles) but I haven't used it since the updated Skyrim. I personally prefer controller but it's what you're most comfortable with. When I got my Xbox one it was an elite and came with the special elite controller which is actually great for PC use with it's extra buttons, my fianc? who usually prefers mouse and keyboard basically stole it lol. It's a bit pricy on its own but there's cheaper versions.

Yeah I am probably going to us a controller, tried with WASD today and it's really confusing, plus my lapdesk I use to play doesn't have a ton of room for mouse movement. I feel like I could get use to it and I like the click to hit a lot more, it seems a lot faster. The opening scene was a bit glitchy and my mouse was moving pretty slow, maybe because it's wireless? But I got through the opening really fast and got to Whiterun already before saving this morning. So I can tell it works really well, I can already tell a huge difference in the scenery from it getting a Re-Master but I am already looking forward to downloading some Mods to make it even prettier. My boyfriend said he's worried if I get the texture and aesthetic mods that all I'll do is wander around looking at everything. Like I already do that, it's a big part of the game to me!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Haven't played it in a while but the last time i did without mods, I lost on those Dragon Lord masks :(

Been meaning to play again and get all the Dragon masks. Unfortunately Overwatch and mass effect have taken up my time.

I think on my PS3 save I have like 5 of them or something. The one that is near the wall of power and dragon is usually the first one I get, can't remember which one, I know it's on like an icy cliff because the damn dude goes all over avoiding my hits! I need to make that one of my priorities for sure getting them all. I just hate the priests SO MUCH, I always try my best to back them into a corner where they can't dart away since I use mostly 2 handed weapons.

That sucks :(, did they glitch? I did go out of my way to get them on Xbox 360, I think there was an achievement I can't remember rn, but it was a pain to find them.

Mass Effect is cool :), always loved the series. Andromeda had problems but patches have helped and I didn't mind the story so much tbh. It's a shame the series was put on hold.

Yeah I am probably going to us a controller, tried with WASD today and it's really confusing, plus my lapdesk I use to play doesn't have a ton of room for mouse movement. I feel like I could get use to it and I like the click to hit a lot more, it seems a lot faster. The opening scene was a bit glitchy and my mouse was moving pretty slow, maybe because it's wireless? But I got through the opening really fast and got to Whiterun already before saving this morning. So I can tell it works really well, I can already tell a huge difference in the scenery from it getting a Re-Master but I am already looking forward to downloading some Mods to make it even prettier. My boyfriend said he's worried if I get the texture and aesthetic mods that all I'll do is wander around looking at everything. Like I already do that, it's a big part of the game to me!

Yes updated graphics are a great improvement over the original, with mods like lush overhaul, vivid weathers and improved wood you'll be admiring for hours :) I do that as well lol. I used wireless mouse without issue when I had to but it could have just been a bit lagging on start up, it's happened to me on a few new games. Alternative start live another life is great if you want a few characters without going through the initial start up, it lets you pick a start and then continue the main quest in a different way later.

Yes updated graphics are a great improvement over the original, with mods like lush overhaul, vivid weathers and improved wood you'll be admiring for hours :) I do that as well lol. I used wireless mouse without issue when I had to but it could have just been a bit lagging on start up, it's happened to me on a few new games. Alternative start live another life is great if you want a few characters without going through the initial start up, it lets you pick a start and then continue the main quest in a different way later.

That sounds pretty cool. I made a Khajiit, again. A female one... again... I feel so bad but I don't like how the other ones really look! I mean, I could probably make a sexy Nord lady but I just love the kitties so much. XD Not going to do any mods until my days off, cause I want to have time to figure it all out and decide what I want. But I am just relieved that it worked properly and everything so far, my boyfriend is already jealous too, he watched me play longingly this morning. I told him he could play if he wants but he was just like "meh..." he's such a baby. XD But I am so looking forward to new story lines and new towns!!!! I wish I could play it now!

That sounds pretty cool. I made a Khajiit, again. A female one... again... I feel so bad but I don't like how the other ones really look! I mean, I could probably make a sexy Nord lady but I just love the kitties so much. XD Not going to do any mods until my days off, cause I want to have time to figure it all out and decide what I want. But I am just relieved that it worked properly and everything so far, my boyfriend is already jealous too, he watched me play longingly this morning. I told him he could play if he wants but he was just like "meh..." he's such a baby. XD But I am so looking forward to new story lines and new towns!!!! I wish I could play it now!

Yeah that annoyed me a bit about Skyrim, the world is so beautiful but the human and elf player characters had some strange blocky features and ugly hair styles. I modded the characters on PC and Xbone with better smooth hairstyles, skin, smoother face textures, natural eyes and better body shapes and created good looking Nords and Bosmer. Yes you'll really like the DLC's and modded stories I'm sure :).

Yeah that annoyed me a bit about Skyrim, the world is so beautiful but the human and elf player characters had some strange blocky features and ugly hair styles. I modded the characters on PC and Xbone with better smooth hairstyles, skin, smoother face textures, natural eyes and better body shapes and created good looking Nords and Bosmer. Yes you'll really like the DLC's and modded stories I'm sure :).

If they made the elves more Tolkien-esc I would for sure be all over them, but I hate how they all look... =[ Like I only like their "alien" like eyes, that's their only selling point. Like what the Falmer(Snow Elves) looked like before they became what they are now were probably hot af if that statue is true to lore... And yeah the hair styles are really sad too, I'm gunna go nuts with the aesthetic mods for sure!

If they made the elves more Tolkien-esc I would for sure be all over them, but I hate how they all look... =[ Like I only like their "alien" like eyes, that's their only selling point. Like what the Falmer(Snow Elves) looked like before they became what they are now were probably hot af if that statue is true to lore... And yeah the hair styles are really sad too, I'm gunna go nuts with the aesthetic mods for sure!

Exactly vanilla elves in Elder Scrolls are not attractive tbh but with mods you can have those Tolkien elves, there's even mods to give you Snow (Falmer) and Sea elves (Maormer) and I think deep elves (Dwemer) as playable races.

If you ever play ESO character design is so much better, nice hair and face styles and more edit options for face and body. Even Orcs and Dunmer can look beautiful. I wish we could have Maormer playable races in it as they look really nice in game, maybe a future expansion will bring that.

Exactly vanilla elves in Elder Scrolls are not attractive tbh but with mods you can have those Tolkien elves, there's even mods to give you Snow (Falmer) and Sea elves (Maormer) and I think deep elves (Dwemer) as playable races.

If you ever play ESO character design is so much better, nice hair and face styles and more edit options for face and body. Even Orcs and Dunmer can look beautiful. I wish we could have Maormer playable races in it as they look really nice in game, maybe a future expansion will bring that.

They do look really nice. And I'm on the fence about ESO cause I don't know if I have time to dedicate to it, I mean if i find people to play with i would feel bad not being able to be on consistently.

They do look really nice. And I'm on the fence about ESO cause I don't know if I have time to dedicate to it, I mean if i find people to play with i would feel bad not being able to be on consistently.

In my experience being around only really matters if you're going for PVP content or pushing for emperor (and idk how anyone has time to do that as it takes literally 24/7 play for about a week I think) if you join guilds to trade or be social no one is around all the time. I play a few hours in the evenings and weekends when I can just because I enjoy it, it currently takes up all my gaming time though other games are shelved.

In my experience being around only really matters if you're going for PVP content or pushing for emperor (and idk how anyone has time to do that as it takes literally 24/7 play for about a week I think) if you join guilds to trade or be social no one is around all the time. I play a few hours in the evenings and weekends when I can just because I enjoy it, it currently takes up all my gaming time though other games are shelved.

I have it on my wishlist, and since it's so cheap right now on amazon I wouldn't be surprised if I get it for my birthday, but we'll see, if I don't I might buy it for myself, I just can't buy things on my wishlist right meow since it's my birth month and people have started buying things off it already. :D But I mean, it definitely seems like fun, and if you say the customizing options are good that makes me want to even more, because I will spend forever making a character. My friend wants me to join Guild Wars, I don't know if you've played that but I'm tempted...

I have it on my wishlist, and since it's so cheap right now on amazon I wouldn't be surprised if I get it for my birthday, but we'll see, if I don't I might buy it for myself, I just can't buy things on my wishlist right meow since it's my birth month and people have started buying things off it already. :D But I mean, it definitely seems like fun, and if you say the customizing options are good that makes me want to even more, because I will spend forever making a character. My friend wants me to join Guild Wars, I don't know if you've played that but I'm tempted...

Aw cool I hope you get a lot of cool games and stuff for your bday :), here's a video of customisation https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_hnH5kqxwTQ I really like the expanded options it has. Since the Morrowind expansion recently a new class, Warden has been added that's not in the video and to play an imperial you needed the imperial edition (I got this on PC, collectors edition came with an awesome Molag Bal statue which I have on display) or you can unlock imperial with crowns in game if you really want to play as one, have the imperial horse and have imperial designs on your weapons and armor. One thing to keep in mind before you buy is that it isn't like Skyrim where any race could be anything, player races have strengths and weaknesses with builds and armor does need repairing like it did back in Oblivion. But it's fun, it's massive and there's so much to do and people are generally nice and happy to help new players.

I haven't played Guild Wars, someone recommended it to me but tbh the only MMO I've played properly is ESO, I tried SWTOR and Destiny but couldn't get into them. Maybe I will try Guild Wars in August, more free time then.

I play weekly. I also have a permadeath let's play currently going on on my channel. I honestly don't know how long it will last because my character; Duncan, could die any episode...

Back