• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Skyrim

That link was funny, good summary of the spouses :).

I'm the opposite I'm pretty good with bows and stealthy killings especially on my bosmer, also magic on certain builds, but using swords or hammers I usually end up getting very low health quickly. There's a light sabre mod I've used though and my skill is improving just because it's so much fun to hit people with :p. My partner plays on PC almost exclusively but I like consoles, you can connect a console controller to a PC which helped me. Although these days I have to limit my PC play due to it making me feel unwell, like car sickness feeling.

Lol death animations can be hilarious, that does sound awesome. There's a guy on YouTube, TheScatsbury, that makes really funny videos with mods and stuff called Skyrim Randomness I highly recommend watching. This one had a pretty funny death scene.

Aww, I wish I could watch that here but it's blocked, I'll have to check it out at home, I don't know if it's the same person so not, but my and my boyfriend watched a ton of videos of these guys going mods, they always spawn a million chickens to blow up at the end of each video. The funniest video was a Thomas the Train mod where it's the opening scene and it's Thomas instead of Alduin so instead of the roar it's the train toot and it's seriously so hilarious. I love watching mod videos, even the super extra ones where they change and re-texture everything, even if the quality isn't awesome it's still rad someone put in the work, like there was a jungle/dinosaur one, so the wolves were raptors and the saber-cats were tigers and stuff like that it was really cool.

That sucks that you get sick off the PC, I only play Skyrim when we have the living room open for the big screen because my eyes are bad, so if I try playing on our small tv I can't really read anything in the game. Have you played Elder Scrolls Online yet? I hear mixed things about it, but it would be so fun to play with real people I think. I got my game start with Baldur's Gate and RuneScape and I think that's why I like Skyrim so much, but it was always so much funner playing with real people.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also one of my favorite glitches ever that I've encountered is when I had a dragon attack Riften and then for a good month his body would not leave, and it would most of the time be doing the weird "jiggly" thing where it's twitching a ton. He didn't even turn into bones, I still got his soul but he stayed fleshy. His body would move positions all around Riften each time I would return there, sometimes he'd be laying across a roof with his foot hanging over the side kicking back and fourth, and he even went down into the little waterway once, and my fave was when he was crammed into the graveyard, although it made it difficult to get to the Thieves Guild. I was kind of sad when he finally disappeared cause he stayed for a really long time.

Aww, I wish I could watch that here but it's blocked, I'll have to check it out at home, I don't know if it's the same person so not, but my and my boyfriend watched a ton of videos of these guys going mods, they always spawn a million chickens to blow up at the end of each video. The funniest video was a Thomas the Train mod where it's the opening scene and it's Thomas instead of Alduin so instead of the roar it's the train toot and it's seriously so hilarious. I love watching mod videos, even the super extra ones where they change and re-texture everything, even if the quality isn't awesome it's still rad someone put in the work, like there was a jungle/dinosaur one, so the wolves were raptors and the saber-cats were tigers and stuff like that it was really cool.

That sucks that you get sick off the PC, I only play Skyrim when we have the living room open for the big screen because my eyes are bad, so if I try playing on our small tv I can't really read anything in the game. Have you played Elder Scrolls Online yet? I hear mixed things about it, but it would be so fun to play with real people I think. I got my game start with Baldur's Gate and RuneScape and I think that's why I like Skyrim so much, but it was always so much funner playing with real people.

Aw yeah hope you can watch, I removed the link but it is part 7 :). Ohh ill have to check those out, the Thomas mod sounds like one of Trainwiz's their mods are incredible, can be funny and are well designed. I recommend the Wheels of Lull, Aethernautics and blackreach railroad especially. I enjoy mod videos as well it's fun to watch others creations.

Yeah I'm not sure why it happens I've tried changing settings and we have a great gaming PC set up but I just feel really sick after a while playing on it.

I do play Elder Scrolls online, I played first on PC but the sickness feeling kept me away so now I play on PS4. It is fun I'm a member of a guild and I have grouped with people but mainly I play alone. For a multiplayer game there are a lot of quests that are done single player.

Last edited:
Aw yeah hope you can watch, I removed the link but it is part 7 :). Ohh ill have to check those out, the Thomas mod sounds like one of Trainwiz's their mods are incredible, can be funny and are well designed. I recommend the Wheels of Lull, Aethernautics and blackreach railroad especially. I enjoy mod videos as well it's fun to watch others creations.

Yeah I'm not sure why it happens I've tried changing settings and we have a great gaming PC set up but I just feel really sick after a while playing on it.

I do play Elder Scrolls online, I played first on PC but the sickness feeling kept me away so now I play on PS4. It is fun I'm a member of a guild and I have grouped with people but mainly I play alone. For a multiplayer game there are a lot of quests that are done single player.

Yeah I heard that, and someone said there were a lot of bots too, but that was closer to it's release so idk if it's still a problem. I don't know if I would want a whole group but it'd be fun to be able to play with like 1-2 people, I don't know if you ever played Baldur's Gate but it was like split screen multi-player and you could resurrect your team mate during boss battles and stuff which was really nice, if they made a new Baldur's I'd totally play it, same kind of feel as Skyrim, medieval kind of thing with all sorts of monsters and different player classes with special skills for each kind, doing missions for people and little side quests for random NPC's.

My friend wanted me to play Guild Wars but it seems a little too "magic" based for me, I hate using magic in Skyrim, like I use it when I need to but I rarely use it unless it's quest specific. I think again because you kind of have to aim more and I'm just so trash at aiming, I'd rather swing my hammer around and beat everyone.

Yeah I heard that, and someone said there were a lot of bots too, but that was closer to it's release so idk if it's still a problem. I don't know if I would want a whole group but it'd be fun to be able to play with like 1-2 people, I don't know if you ever played Baldur's Gate but it was like split screen multi-player and you could resurrect your team mate during boss battles and stuff which was really nice, if they made a new Baldur's I'd totally play it, same kind of feel as Skyrim, medieval kind of thing with all sorts of monsters and different player classes with special skills for each kind, doing missions for people and little side quests for random NPC's.

My friend wanted me to play Guild Wars but it seems a little too "magic" based for me, I hate using magic in Skyrim, like I use it when I need to but I rarely use it unless it's quest specific. I think again because you kind of have to aim more and I'm just so trash at aiming, I'd rather swing my hammer around and beat everyone.

I haven't seen any bots for quite a while and I'm not sure they'd be able to on PS4 but I could be wrong. Yeah when I say group its at most 4 people for me, usually just me and someone else and it's only for a little while. You can revive teammates with crystals but I've usually had a healer in the group I'm with. I've not played Balder's gate but it sounds cool, I think I'd enjoy it. There's lots of that kind of thing in ESO.

I haven't seen any bots for quite a while and I'm not sure they'd be able to on PS4 but I could be wrong. Yeah when I say group its at most 4 people for me, usually just me and someone else and it's only for a little while. You can revive teammates with crystals but I've usually had a healer in the group I'm with. I've not played Balder's gate but it sounds cool, I think I'd enjoy it. There's lots of that kind of thing in ESO.

Yeah it's probably really helpful to have a healer. But that's why I like how in Skyrim you can heal yourself as soon as you get low and how it like pauses for you basically to do so, if you catch it on time, I usually just listen for the heart beat noise or whatever and then down my White Phial so most of my deaths are falls XD, probably because I am too lazy to find the actual trail to wherever and decide to scale a mountain. I would die a lot more on ESO that's for sure. What's your favorite things to collect in the game? I honestly keep so much stuff and tell myself "I'll sell it later" but I never get around to it, or I sell like a handful to one person and get too lazy to go to other stores once they run out of money... so I have collected a TON of stuff. I really love collecting the gems and random OOAK objects, like the things you have to steal for the thieves guild... I kind of stole that stuff back, I love the Eyes of the Falmer cause they like flash rainbow colors, I tossed them and all of my hoarded gemstones into the troughs in the basement of Proudspire Manor on my first game but sadly that save is gone. =[ It was super cool. I also had that bee in a jar as well as I think a torchbug which are pretty cool. I also like the neat weapons like Sanguin's Rose and the Ghost weapons.

Last edited:
Yeah it's probably really helpful to have a healer. But that's why I like how in Skyrim you can heal yourself as soon as you get low and how it like pauses for you basically to do so, if you catch it on time, I usually just listen for the heart beat noise or whatever and then down my White Phial so most of my deaths are falls XD, probably because I am too lazy to find the actual trail to wherever and decide to scale a mountain. I would die a lot more on ESO that's for sure. What's your favorite things to collect in the game? I honestly keep so much stuff and tell myself "I'll sell it later" but I never get around to it, or I sell like a handful to one person and get too lazy to go to other stores once they run out of money... so I have collected a TON of stuff. I really love collecting the gems and random OOAK objects, like the things you have to steal for the thieves guild... I kind of stole that stuff back, I love the Eyes of the Falmer cause they like flash rainbow colors, I tossed them and all of my hoarded gemstones into the troughs in the basement of Proudspire Manor on my first game but sadly that save is gone. =[ It was super cool. I also had that bee in a jar as well as I think a torchbug which are pretty cool. I also like the neat weapons like Sanguin's Rose and the Ghost weapons.

You can use potions in ESO like Skyrim but they have a cool down so you need to time healing right. I hoard everything :p, I love collecting books, enchanted weapons and the bee in a jar type things as well. I put the broken gem pieces in those troughs in Proudspire lol, very nice to look at. That's the one thing I really dislike about ESO you can't display things in houses like that, only furniture you buy/build. In Skyrim I like to display my treasures.

mjoll is my best bae and while aerin doesn't really come with her as a permanent follower when you fast travel sometimes he'll just randomly appear with her, it's kinda cute actually (but she's mine so he should back off)

You can use potions in ESO like Skyrim but they have a cool down so you need to time healing right. I hoard everything :p, I love collecting books, enchanted weapons and the bee in a jar type things as well. I put the broken gem pieces in those troughs in Proudspire lol, very nice to look at. That's the one thing I really dislike about ESO you can't display things in houses like that, only furniture you buy/build. In Skyrim I like to display my treasures.

Honestly the funnest part is spending FOREVER trying to steadily get it to go onto a shelf or in the trough with the gems XD I've been meaning to collect more books, like the Argonian Maid books, I've read them all, but I like that you can actually fill your shelves, but books are the first thing I drop when I get over-cumbered so I always forget to collect them again when I see them!

- - - Post Merge - - -

mjoll is my best bae and while aerin doesn't really come with her as a permanent follower when you fast travel sometimes he'll just randomly appear with her, it's kinda cute actually (but she's mine so he should back off)

Lots of people kind of... murder him cause he's too clingy. XD But yeah she's pretty badass, I'm trying to circulate my followers because omg I get so tired of their dialog. Like yeah Grimsever is so cool Mjoll... even though its a pretty bad weapon and I had to kill a centurion for it... mhm. Oh your mom taught you how to sword fight... so interesting. YES I KNOW YOU CAN CARRY A GOOD BIT OF GEAR JUST TAKE ALL MY ORE! IF YOU'RE ITCHING FOR A FIGHT SO OFTEN MAYBE YOU NEED A TOPICAL CREAM OR SOMETHING HOLY CRAP

Last edited:
Honestly the funnest part is spending FOREVER trying to steadily get it to go onto a shelf or in the trough with the gems XD I've been meaning to collect more books, like the Argonian Maid books, I've read them all, but I like that you can actually fill your shelves, but books are the first thing I drop when I get over-cumbered so I always forget to collect them again when I see them!

That's something I love about Skyrim over Oblivion, the ability to actually use bookshelves. I love displaying books, I may or may not have done that in alphabetical order :cool:. I read them when I find them. The DLC dragonborn added in so many cool books and easier access to rarer Skyrim books. I use a mod that changes all the book covers to unique beautiful designs as well so my shelves look extra nice. I maybe a bit obsessed with the books yeah.. :p

I do keep trying to put things on shelves, I usually collect a statue of Dibella and put it on my mantle place in Proudspire and she won't fall off usually, the eye of the Falmer as well. Also I like putting fruit in bowls, idk I'm weird.

Lots of people kind of... murder him cause he's too clingy. XD But yeah she's pretty badass, I'm trying to circulate my followers because omg I get so tired of their dialog. Like yeah Grimsever is so cool Mjoll... even though its a pretty bad weapon and I had to kill a centurion for it... mhm. Oh your mom taught you how to sword fight... so interesting. YES I KNOW YOU CAN CARRY A GOOD BIT OF GEAR JUST TAKE ALL MY ORE! IF YOU'RE ITCHING FOR A FIGHT SO OFTEN MAYBE YOU NEED A TOPICAL CREAM OR SOMETHING HOLY CRAP

Lol, I wish you could tell followers to be quite for a while. Mute button maybe :p.

I'm actually genuinely excited about Skyrim VR even though I don't have means to play it. It just seems so awesome, but I'd end up running into stuff IRL while running from stuff attacking me. XD Also I am definitely getting a laptop now, since my desktop took a crap the one time I wanted to play it in months... So now I'm for sure getting a laptop for my stuff and I've been putting it off too long anyways. Can't wait for Skyrim with mods and with Legendary finally!

I'm actually genuinely excited about Skyrim VR even though I don't have means to play it. It just seems so awesome, but I'd end up running into stuff IRL while running from stuff attacking me. XD Also I am definitely getting a laptop now, since my desktop took a crap the one time I wanted to play it in months... So now I'm for sure getting a laptop for my stuff and I've been putting it off too long anyways. Can't wait for Skyrim with mods and with Legendary finally!

Yeah I can't justify buying any more copies of skyrim, I already own 5 across various platforms plus the steam upgrade :p it does look cool on VR though.

What laptop are you looking to get? You're going to love the mods they really help keep Skyrim interesting after all these years.

Yeah I can't justify buying any more copies of skyrim, I already own 5 across various platforms plus the steam upgrade :p it does look cool on VR though.

What laptop are you looking to get? You're going to love the mods they really help keep Skyrim interesting after all these years.

I'm probably going to get one of the moderately priced ASUS models. I don't want to spend a fortune for one of the really huge beefy ones, especially since I'm not going to be gaming on it constantly.

I own two copies for far so I have room to grow! Don't know if I will be getting a switch or not because for just BOTW and Skyrim it's not worth it. And since my boyfriend has a PS3 right now that we use for everything it would be logical to move on to the 4 but idk yet.

I'm probably going to get one of the moderately priced ASUS models. I don't want to spend a fortune for one of the really huge beefy ones, especially since I'm not going to be gaming on it constantly.

I own two copies for far so I have room to grow! Don't know if I will be getting a switch or not because for just BOTW and Skyrim it's not worth it. And since my boyfriend has a PS3 right now that we use for everything it would be logical to move on to the 4 but idk yet.

Ah cool, yeah if you're only going to be casual gaming on it it makes sense.

Switch is cool but I agree unless you plan to use it for more games it wouldn't be worth it. My family are gamers so I'm happy to share my systems with them and a Switch is worth it for us.

Ah cool, yeah if you're only going to be casual gaming on it it makes sense.

Switch is cool but I agree unless you plan to use it for more games it wouldn't be worth it. My family are gamers so I'm happy to share my systems with them and a Switch is worth it for us.

Yeah, for the most part my boyfriend and I are the only gamers in the house, my mom used to be so we got her a PS3 before we got hers but hers was the super tiny memory one so I ended up getting a second one for my boyfriend and I with a beefy memory. We've been wanting to get a Wii for a while cause we both really like the sports and usually guitar hero on the Wii works a lot better than the PS3. But with all these new consoles coming out and us not having tons of throw away money we can't pin down what we'd want to pool our money into. We'll probably end up getting some new console next year. Hopefully by them Bethesda gives a new Elder Scrolllllllls!

Yeah, for the most part my boyfriend and I are the only gamers in the house, my mom used to be so we got her a PS3 before we got hers but hers was the super tiny memory one so I ended up getting a second one for my boyfriend and I with a beefy memory. We've been wanting to get a Wii for a while cause we both really like the sports and usually guitar hero on the Wii works a lot better than the PS3. But with all these new consoles coming out and us not having tons of throw away money we can't pin down what we'd want to pool our money into. We'll probably end up getting some new console next year. Hopefully by them Bethesda gives a new Elder Scrolllllllls!

Wii sports was so much fun, I have great memories of me and my friend playing the boxing while my dad laughed in the background at how silly we looked :p. I used Wii fit as well to help with my balance and they had this running game which was cool. I like music games, I had Gitaroo man on PS2 but I've never played guitar hero. It looks fun though. You can probably get a Wii on eBay quite reasonably priced.

We need a new Elder Scrolls, but apparently they aren't even working on a new one yet. Hopefully it won't be many more years.

ohmygod I was completely obsessed with skyrim when it first came out in 2011, I played it almost every day. I wish I had a ps4 or xbox so I could play SE. The graphics look a lot better on the new version. I love all the elder scrolls games.

Wii sports was so much fun, I have great memories of me and my friend playing the boxing while my dad laughed in the background at how silly we looked :p. I used Wii fit as well to help with my balance and they had this running game which was cool. I like music games, I had Gitaroo man on PS2 but I've never played guitar hero. It looks fun though. You can probably get a Wii on eBay quite reasonably priced.

We need a new Elder Scrolls, but apparently they aren't even working on a new one yet. Hopefully it won't be many more years.

Yeah I hope it doesn't take too long for them to give us another Elder Scrolls, but I wonder if that means they're working on another Fallout cause that'd be mean. =[ We've waited soooo long! I really want to get the set of the old Elder Scrolls because I never played them and I want to ride on one of the cute Striders and meet old M'aiq.

- - - Post Merge - - -

ohmygod I was completely obsessed with skyrim when it first came out in 2011, I played it almost every day. I wish I had a ps4 or xbox so I could play SE. The graphics look a lot better on the new version. I love all the elder scrolls games.

That's why I'm glad I got it on steam when it was on sale for $15 for the Legendary, because now it comes with the remaster for free! Sooo looking forward to the different new towns and the new improved graphics and of course mods, because all I've been able to play thus far is Vanilla on the PS3. I'm hoping it will be different enough to feel like a somewhat new game for me. >.<

Last edited:
Yeah I hope it doesn't take too long for them to give us another Elder Scrolls, but I wonder if that means they're working on another Fallout cause that'd be mean. =[ We've waited soooo long! I really want to get the set of the old Elder Scrolls because I never played them and I want to ride on one of the cute Striders and meet old M'aiq.

- - - Post Merge - - -

That's why I'm glad I got it on steam when it was on sale for $15 for the Legendary, because now it comes with the remaster for free! Sooo looking forward to the different new towns and the new improved graphics and of course mods, because all I've been able to play thus far is Vanilla on the PS3. I'm hoping it will be different enough to feel like a somewhat new game for me. >.<

Yeah I have to say I did enjoy Morrowind and Oblivion quests more than Skyrim's, I have copies of Morrowind goty on PC and oblivion on Xbox 360 and PS3 (shared copy). You should totally get the PC box set of Elder Scrolls Anthology, I have it and it's such a worthwhile purchase :). It contains all five old Elder Scrolls main games from Arena to Skyrim and the various DLC's on disks and physical maps for each game and it cost me around ?20 new. I think they still have it for sale on Amazon.

I heard they want to work on other projects and not just be known as the company the does Elder Scrolls/Fallout :(. I'm really into Online right now so it's not so bad but a new single player would be awesome.

Yeah I have to say I did enjoy Morrowind and Oblivion quests more than Skyrim's, I have copies of Morrowind goty on PC and oblivion on Xbox 360 and PS3 (shared copy). You should totally get the PC box set of Elder Scrolls Anthology, I have it and it's such a worthwhile purchase :). It contains all five old Elder Scrolls main games from Arena to Skyrim and the various DLC's on disks and physical maps for each game and it cost me around ?20 new. I think they still have it for sale on Amazon.

I heard they want to work on other projects and not just be known as the company the does Elder Scrolls/Fallout :(. I'm really into Online right now so it's not so bad but a new single player would be awesome.

Yeah I'll definitely have to check out the anthology, I have it on my wishlist, so who knows maybe someone will get it for me for my birthday!(I should have my computer by then...hopefully) Was playing a bit this weekend. And did the Galdur amulet quest, which I hate! Stupid dude shouting me around like a ragdoll! Also finally went to Volunruud to start the Emperor quest which is tedious as all heck too, I think I am going to TRY to use my werewolf form this time to do a lot of the killing, but I'm not looking forward to being shoved in mother's coffin again... I love most of the "main" quests but I try to space them out and do a lot of smaller quests in between.

Any Xbox One Skyrim players here who are experienced with mods. I've been following guides and spending hours upon hours working on my load orders even going to the point of starting a whole new save.

https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/6k5ycv/load_order_help_i_organized_it/

It just feels like such a waste to put all these mods together only to have my game crash. I'm at the point of giving up. It's just becoming too much of a hassle to enjoy the mods when my game keeps consistently crashing.

Back