• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Path Cute mermaid path!

SlayPositive

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Hi guys!
So I had been searching the internet for a cute path for my semi-mermaid themed town, when I decided to just make my own path! I'm very new to pattern-making but I fell in love with the path I made. I've made 1-slot paths before but I made a whole set with borders this time and I thought I would share it with y'all! Tips and critiques are much appreciated ^^

Imgur link: http://imgur.com/a/qszcQ

Credit to this tutorial for showing me how to even begin making a path: http://www.vivcore.com/dolly_daydream/acnl_path_tutorial.html

Attachments

• HNI_0020.JPG
    HNI_0020.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 204
  • HNI_0021.JPG
    HNI_0021.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 197
  • HNI_0022.JPG
    HNI_0022.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 198
  • HNI_0023.JPG
    HNI_0023.JPG
    48.5 KB · Views: 214
  • HNI_0024.JPG
    HNI_0024.JPG
    48.4 KB · Views: 206
  • HNI_0025.JPG
    HNI_0025.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 205
  • HNI_0026.JPG
    HNI_0026.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 201
  • HNI_0027.JPG
    HNI_0027.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 204
  • HNI_0028.JPG
    HNI_0028.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 2,378
Last edited:
This is so pretty! Probably my favourite path ever. ��

It looks amazing! I've always wanted to make my own path but never had the time or patience. You should be proud of it. <3

I absolutely love this!
I'm feeling very nooby (as usual on here lol) but i've seen a few of these patterns online and i'll be honest, i totally don't know how to work the barcodes, can any of you help? lol

I absolutely love this!
I'm feeling very nooby (as usual on here lol) but i've seen a few of these patterns online and i'll be honest, i totally don't know how to work the barcodes, can any of you help? lol

To unlock the QR machine you need too talk to Mable for 10 days until she befriends you and then allows you access to the qr machine. You then talk to her and she will allow you too scan in the codes with her machine!

To unlock the QR machine you need too talk to Mable for 10 days until she befriends you and then allows you access to the qr machine. You then talk to her and she will allow you too scan in the codes with her machine!

omg, thank you so much <3!!!

Y'all I am so touched, I never thought that this would get this much attention. Thanks y'all so much for the kind words ;_; <3

looks great! did you use any special techniques to make sure everything lined up? or was it just trial and error?

looks great! did you use any special techniques to make sure everything lined up? or was it just trial and error?

Actually there is a technique! I actually used this tutorial as the base for my path: http://www.vivcore.com/dolly_daydream/acnl_path_tutorial.html
It shows you how to make a nice base and then you can get as creative as you want with it c:
The borders were trial and error though. They line up but they also blend well because they're similar to the color scheme of the rest of the path, but dark enough to be a designated border

Wow, these are so pretty <3 I love the colpurs, they match in with the mermaid theme very well. I'd love to have something like this in my town, but unfortunately I don't think it'll match in haha. I might trial it and see though ;) Is it in your town currently? I might have to check out your DA to see it ^^

Wow, these are so pretty <3 I love the colpurs, they match in with the mermaid theme very well. I'd love to have something like this in my town, but unfortunately I don't think it'll match in haha. I might trial it and see though ;) Is it in your town currently? I might have to check out your DA to see it ^^

Ahh thank you! Yes these paths are currently in town, my DA is in my sig if you'd like to take a look ^^ fair warning though, my town is a bit of a mess at the moment (it's a WIP and the flowers are out of control haha) but you are more than welcome to come visit!! Wendell is also in my town and can give you the paths as well c:

Back