• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

female to male villager ratio?

TortimerCrossing

♡ bad egg ♡
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Sheep Plush
The Bell Tree Fair 2020 Patch
Tasty Cake
White Cosmos
Togepi Easter Egg
tumblr_inline_mpkwu7Vc9N1qz4rgp.gif
hi everyone
tumblr_inline_mpkwu7Vc9N1qz4rgp.gif

just wondering what everyones ratio is in terms of female to male villagers. i know a lot of people like a 5:5, but currently i am at 3 male villagers and 6 female, and considering upping it to 7 female. this is just purely preference for me because i like the aesthetics of the female villagers more. i really would love marty as my 4th male but i have given up on being able to find his card without paying handsomely for it online.

so what are ur thoughts, what is your current ratio?​

Last edited:
I am currently at 7:3 male to female in my town. It's just kind of how my town developed and I don't really see a major need to equalize the ratio a bit more.

My ratio female to male is 7:3, and I'm pretty happy that way. That's just how it ended up, I guess. I have a second town which is where Pashmina and Midge came from, and then of the amiibo cards I own, I preferred mostly the female villagers. All the rest of my villagers are ones I've wanted for forever and adopted from the forums here (Muffy, Teddy, and Bones). I think for me it also has to do with liking certain personalities more. I really like uchi, snooty, and normal personalities, so I find villagers with those types harder to get bored of, whereas I only really care for lazy and jock types of male villagers anymore. I used to LOVE cranky villagers, and then I had one too many in town and they all said the same thing. So I'm taking a break from them. :)

Last edited:
My current ratio is 6 male to 4 female. I generally prefer the male characters so I'll usually have more of them in town.

I'd rather have Male Characters in my town, but overall as long as I love the character I honestly don't mind what gender they are.

Since I had restarted my town yesterday... The village ratio that I currently have in my town at the moment is 3 males to 3 females. My village ratio is going to be changing a lot since I plan to try to get every public work projects since I do not have them all.

My ratio is 7 males and 3 females. When deciding on dreamies it was actually hard for me because I wanted even more males than this ratio lol. I just like their personalities more, I guess.

I usually just have a mix, right now there's 6 female and 4 male villagers.

Last edited:
In MoonGlow, it's 5 to 5 for the animals, and 1 to 0 for the humans (favoring the females).

5/5 cause i like the diversity of having all kind of villagers, species and personalities. I always pick 2 normals (favorite female personality) and 2 lazy (favorite male one).

My ratio is 5:5 as well. I didn't plan on it? It just sorta happened. I think this has to be one of my first towns that has an equal ratio, though. I usually have more males than females in my town.

Now that Bettina is moving out, it's 4:4 equally in Moontop, 5:5 equally in Drowsy, and 4:6 (with 6 being girl villagers) in Dreamy. I tend to have a slight preference for girl villagers, I think it was much more extreme in my previous town that I re-set (3:7, and it was actually 2:8 before I moved in a random boy villager like a day or two before I re-set that town), but it tends to be ALMOST equal.

4:6, unfortunately. I'm planning on kicking out Wart Jr. and Opal and replacing them with Apple and Phoebe, which will change it to 5:5.

Last edited:
I think for me it also has to do with liking certain personalities more. I really like uchi, snooty, and normal personalities, so I find villagers with those types harder to get bored of, whereas I only really care for lazy and jock types of male villagers anymore. I used to LOVE cranky villagers, and then I had one too many in town and they all said the same thing. So I'm taking a break from them. :)

i totally agree! im kinda even tired of the jock, although sometimes the dialogue is so outrageous it's funny. i also really like uchi personality!!

I have 9 villagers and a 5:4 male to female ratio in my town. I'm hoping to get another female villager in the campsite.

I have more female villagers, I just like their looks better .

In my first town it's 5 females and 5 males, but in my second town it's 4 females and 6 males.

Back