Sheep Plush
The Bell Tree Fair 2020 Patch
Tasty Cake
White Cosmos
Togepi Easter Egg
tumblr_inline_mpkwu7Vc9N1qz4rgp.gif
hi everyone
tumblr_inline_mpkwu7Vc9N1qz4rgp.gif

just wondering what everyones ratio is in terms of female to male villagers. i know a lot of people like a 5:5, but currently i am at 3 male villagers and 6 female, and considering upping it to 7 female. this is just purely preference for me because i like the aesthetics of the female villagers more. i really would love marty as my 4th male but i have given up on being able to find his card without paying handsomely for it online.

so what are ur thoughts, what is your current ratio?​

Last edited:
I am currently at 7:3 male to female in my town. It's just kind of how my town developed and I don't really see a major need to equalize the ratio a bit more.

My ratio female to male is 7:3, and I'm pretty happy that way. That's just how it ended up, I guess. I have a second town which is where Pashmina and Midge came from, and then of the amiibo cards I own, I preferred mostly the female villagers. All the rest of my villagers are ones I've wanted for forever and adopted from the forums here (Muffy, Teddy, and Bones). I think for me it also has to do with liking certain personalities more. I really like uchi, snooty, and normal personalities, so I find villagers with those types harder to get bored of, whereas I only really care for lazy and jock types of male villagers anymore. I used to LOVE cranky villagers, and then I had one too many in town and they all said the same thing. So I'm taking a break from them. :)

Last edited:
My current ratio is 6 male to 4 female. I generally prefer the male characters so I'll usually have more of them in town.

I'd rather have Male Characters in my town, but overall as long as I love the character I honestly don't mind what gender they are.

Since I had restarted my town yesterday... The village ratio that I currently have in my town at the moment is 3 males to 3 females. My village ratio is going to be changing a lot since I plan to try to get every public work projects since I do not have them all.

My ratio is 7 males and 3 females. When deciding on dreamies it was actually hard for me because I wanted even more males than this ratio lol. I just like their personalities more, I guess.

I usually just have a mix, right now there's 6 female and 4 male villagers.

Last edited:
In MoonGlow, it's 5 to 5 for the animals, and 1 to 0 for the humans (favoring the females).

5/5 cause i like the diversity of having all kind of villagers, species and personalities. I always pick 2 normals (favorite female personality) and 2 lazy (favorite male one).

My ratio is 5:5 as well. I didn't plan on it? It just sorta happened. I think this has to be one of my first towns that has an equal ratio, though. I usually have more males than females in my town.

Now that Bettina is moving out, it's 4:4 equally in Moontop, 5:5 equally in Drowsy, and 4:6 (with 6 being girl villagers) in Dreamy. I tend to have a slight preference for girl villagers, I think it was much more extreme in my previous town that I re-set (3:7, and it was actually 2:8 before I moved in a random boy villager like a day or two before I re-set that town), but it tends to be ALMOST equal.

4:6, unfortunately. I'm planning on kicking out Wart Jr. and Opal and replacing them with Apple and Phoebe, which will change it to 5:5.

Last edited:
I think for me it also has to do with liking certain personalities more. I really like uchi, snooty, and normal personalities, so I find villagers with those types harder to get bored of, whereas I only really care for lazy and jock types of male villagers anymore. I used to LOVE cranky villagers, and then I had one too many in town and they all said the same thing. So I'm taking a break from them. :)

i totally agree! im kinda even tired of the jock, although sometimes the dialogue is so outrageous it's funny. i also really like uchi personality!!

I have 9 villagers and a 5:4 male to female ratio in my town. I'm hoping to get another female villager in the campsite.

In my first town it's 5 females and 5 males, but in my second town it's 4 females and 6 males.

Back