• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Dreamies can get boring?

Mayor-of-Bliss

Bells
I have had some dreamies for a while now. I have two spaces for new villagers.
I obviously wouldn't get rid of my dreamies. But it can get...well. Boring.

I've had Marshal, Vesta, Carmen, Astrid, Lucky, Muffy, and Fang for a while now. Even moving in an out villagers lately it's been villagers like Coach (who are creepy. So. Creepy.) so while it does make me appreciate my dreamies it doesn't spice up the town.

I keep flip flopping lately as well too. What if I had all zen villagers? What it I had all sheep or rabbit villagers? What if.

I miss before when villagers were well...Just villagers. Other than Freya in PG I let people do what they wanted. It helped of course I hadn't meet 80% of the villagers as I have today.

I think that's a big part why there are so many villagers and someone always seems to want to move. It's supposed to keep the game fresh, I guess, to let some townie vets move out and get a new face once in a while.

I personally don't like the term "dreamie" and never use it because it sounds so final. I think it's 100% okay to have favorite villagers for a while and then let them move on. There are a lot of villagers, if you're bored of your townies you should get some new ones! Variety is the spice of life, or so they say.

Back when I played a lot a lot in 2015 I had dreamies, but now I realize things change and so does ur town. Nothing is wrong with wanting to switch things up! I try not to get too too attached, because I know I don't pick up the game every single day, and someone can move out at any moment.

I have a handful of villagers I never want to let go of, but I'm trying to let go of the ones who I get bored with, even if I still like them. It can be hard, but it keeps the game from getting old.

they all tend to say the same things. ex. even if you let beau go and add in another lazy villager like punchy, they are still going to talk about food in the exact same senteces with their quirk at the end.

Dreamies are supposed to be the Villager you want, but not the ones which you want forever. I know it, because i have the same dream Villagers 3 years in a row. You feel glad, but with the time you get tired and bored to see the same faces. Except if there's someone you really like and want to keep in your town.

Last edited:
I feel this soooooo much. I remember back when I first started playing ACNL like a year ago and how all of the villagers and their sayings were so new and special to me. Now, though, even my dreamies just say the same stuff as my other characters do, so it just gets tiring after a while. It's super sad, really.

dreamies, especially the pastel coloured ones, get pretty boring. but i guess all villagers get boring after a while apart from the ones that really stand out like bob

Based on this thread, I can tell that some people get bored of dreamies, but some dreamies are ones I never get tired of.

I got mine with amiibo cards, and now I know they never move, I despise them.

Even Wolfgang, who was a starter in WW.

I'd give anything to have the option of villagers packing.

Perhaps after a while.but as a new player I would love to have all my Dreamies.

Back