Hello all!

Persontheperson

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
So hi, I'm new here, and well I just wanted to say hello...

Though to be honest I only really joined because I wanted to ask a question. I don't know if this needs it's own thread, but what is "the void?" I've seen people describe it as something that happens in the games data, when villagers move out, but I've also seen people say it's where villagers go to die, that's not actually happening is it? Like why is it even called the void? That's way too dark for Animal Crossing, and if that's a canon thing then I don't really want to be a fan of AC anymore. :(

Like I just want to imagine that characters that leave go of and live a happy life somewhere, not that they're going off and dying in some limbo, why'd that become the name of it, and is that name canon?

Last edited:
hi & welcome ~

the void is more of a term while used when cycling, it means if no one wants to claim a villager they are cycling out then they will just be going into the "void" of the game and you are going to let them move out. no one dies!!!! thats just sad. you can use your imagination and pretend they are going to some other cute and happy town.

Thanks. That's a bit reassuring, but why does everyone call it the void, and describe it as a "lifeless area?" Are they just making a joke?

Back