Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Switch
5386-8207-0510
Tasty Cake
Orange (Fruit)
Small Mailbox
So. Still new to update. But I have this horrendous cat in my town that needs to hit the road...
So if I scan in an amiibo villager....will their house have to be where the cat I'm kicking out is? Or will I get to plot reset? It seems I heard it goes in the villager you kick out?

Last edited:
Don't do it!
They will move next to, behind, beside and in front of you. They NEVER ping to move.

I have 7 amiibo's and I regret ever doing it! :(

I've scanned in several amiibo card villagers and each time they have plotted in a new place, they have not plotted in the same plot of the villager they've replaced.

You can plot reset the villager to where you want them to go. And now they won't move somewhere that has a qr laid down if you haven't heard that part about the update yet. You can scan in the villager and whisp will ask you who you want to move. It's pretty awesome!

Scanning a villager in - you can put tiles (the QR code mentioned) down in areas where you don't want the incoming villager to plot. That works so long as there is still room for them to move in (if there is not, they can take out tiles/paths).

The problem is when you are booting out a villager to move in the scanned one, there is no time to tile where the outgoing villager lives - hence the incoming scanned villager can move into the previous villagers plot.
If you leave other spaces as well, you at least have the chance of the incoming villager plotting elsewhere.

If you really don't want the villager to be where the old one was you will still have to plot reset.

As said earlier, it does very much seem that scanned in villagers don't ask to move, or at least normally moved in villagers seem to ask a lot more often.
If you get tired of the scanned in villager, your best bet may be to scan another villager in booting that one out.

Back