• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

So how do you Let a new villager build his house at a specefic spot?

You have to cover every single possible 3x3 spot in your town except for where you want them to go. It's very time consuming but I prefer it to plot resetting.

You also have to make sure that the 3x3 spot is a viable spot, meaning it meets all spacial requirements for villager houses, and isn't within an acre that is already full. I haven't had a single problem with this method, so if it isn't working for you, there is something wrong with the 3x3 spot you've left open.

Last edited:
So it has to be tiles? I used Plan Cloth on the ground they can just build a those?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Arize could you check my town.perhaps?

Last edited:
Plot reseting, It takes me forever but I'm happy with the final result. I only have one character my mayor soo..

So it has to be tiles? I used Plan Cloth on the ground they can just build a those?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Arize could you check my town.perhaps?

I might be able to later. I'm just really busy studying at the moment so I can't really play.. But if you can post a picture of the spot and what is around the spot, I might be able to see what's wrong

Yes. Any pattern counts. Where is the 3x3 empty spot? I see a lot of tiles, but no plot?

Ill take a picture later sorry. But basicly did it like this.

X = Pattern
O = Grass

XXXXXXXXXXX
XXOOOXXOOOX
XXOOOXXOOOX
XXOOOXXOOOX
XXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXX

Last edited:
That seems fine. Is it close to the plaza? Or you know just leave your updated dream address if possible and I'll come see in a little bit

So if I understand correctly, if villagers move in they can destroy trees, yes?

Because I just built a pretty cool orchard with foreign fruits and I don't want someone to just knock it down as they move in as I don't have 10 villagers in my village yet :(

Because I just built a pretty cool orchard with foreign fruits and I don't want someone to just knock it down as they move in as I don't have 10 villagers in my village yet :(

They sure can

Thank you everyone for replying. Guess ill film my whole town with tiles.

They can knock anything down except for PWP, rocks, and other villagers houses. You could always surround your orchard with patterns, or plot reset if someone moves where you don't want them to

Back