• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What, in your opinion, is the perfect starting (town) map? :)

Livv

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Hello all!
I'm resetting my town today and I'm having a struggle finding the 'perfect' town map, I'll eventually find one but it may be a long night lmao. Hacked or not, what do you think is the perfect town map? Feel free to leave screenshots etc I'd love to see your towns and opinions!
All of the best,
Olivia :)

I like a town without too many rocks or ponds. One without that narrow strip of land and one where the river isn't across the entire map. I like to have as much space as possible.

A map that doesn't have a beach area that's only accessible from the ocean.

Straight river. One pond. Ok rocks. Horizontal waterfall when you can. Straight ramp to retail from beach.

I prefer a town with not many ponds and the town tree as close to the center as possible. I think it looks best that way.

Not many ponds, space for PWPs, good placement of town hall, re-tail and plaza and good place rocks.

straight river, not many pond or river, and top left or right town tree

I think I've finally found it! I love how the plaza, retail and the town hall are so close together. I also like the shape of the river, it almost creates a little island, I need to decide what I'm gonna put on it. The grass is square which I can put up with, and I have peaches! Overall I think it looks nice. :)

Attachments

• DSC_0018.jpg
    DSC_0018.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 94
Any map where the river empties south rather than east or west.
Any map where beaches are not secluded.
Any map that gives you more space for PWPs.
Any map that the river is long enough for more fishing,

I think I've finally found it! I love how the plaza, retail and the town hall are so close together. I also like the shape of the river, it almost creates a little island, I need to decide what I'm gonna put on it. The grass is square which I can put up with, and I have peaches! Overall I think it looks nice. :)

Oh, very nice! My map is actually very similar to this, which is what I'd call my perfect map. The river must be shaped just like that, with ReTail close to the dock, the plaza closer to the train station, and ideally, town hall NOT on the bottom island. I also need a south-facing waterfall, and prefer a south-facing ramp to the dock (which I unfortunately didn't get). Also, the less ponds and rocks, the better. I also prefer the beach to be on the left and the cliff wall to be on the right, because I prefer my museum on the right, but it doesn't bug me all that much if that doesn't happen.

My map currently looks like this:

WVW69kWDw5EtJOdjyD

With the only villager gone from the bottom section of the map, and the grand entrance I'm building to my Mayor's house, it almost feels like her own private strip of land, which might actually help me with the theme of this town.

^looks real good man

but yeah pretty much any where you don't get those narrow spaces to the north where you can't do a thing.

- horizontal waterfall
- two or three ponds
- not too many rocks
- straight river
- beach ramp that leads straight to the dock
- plaza or town hall in center of town

I just started a new one yesterday and it took me hours to pick D: Everytime I loved a map it didn't have the fruit I wanted or had rocks in awful places. I finally settled on one with the plaza in the center, an island for my house, a secluded area for the campground, circle grass, long beach without the pirate one and retail near the dock. I settled with having cherries as my fruit even though I was hoping for peaches :(

I like:
Private beach for breeding hybrids
Re-Tail close to the dock
A fairly straight river
Cherries
Campground on the right

I dislike:
Thin strips of land - I basically want one big area with the river cutting straight across it.

Back