Questions for Japanese players...

Burumun

Sasha of New Poku
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Sorry for the weird topic, but I'll be going to Japan in July, and had some questions about playing ACNL there...
If it helps or changes anything, we'll basically be all over the place for three weeks, but our main stops are Tokyo and Osaka.

1. Will I be able to get a decent amount of StreetPass hits from ACNL players?
2. How much do packs of amiibo cards usually go for?
3. Are amiibo cards pretty easy to find?

Thanks in advance!

I've been to Japan, so I can answer the first one!
In Tokyo, I think I had around 10-20 people each day on Streetpass, and I spent the whole day walking around with my DS on

Last edited:
there is ALOT of streetpassing going on. and so much loot to get from streetpass games because of overseas players. my entire acnl homes were completley gone of english mayors/houses. enjoy while you can, and goodluck in the heat. ill be visiting in june, and my fam is already telling me that things are starting to get hot. im looking forward to many things but not the heat...

anyways, places like tokyo and osaka you will DEFINITELY get alot of streetpasses, especially in areas like shibuya where there is already other tourists who are most likely have their 3Ds out for streetpassing. subways and local train stations are your best friend.

amiibo cards usually easy to find? surprisingly, not... really. i mean, they wouldnt have it in places like the Lawsons down the street from your hotel or in the local train station. since amiibo cards have been out for a while you will have better luck finding amiibo cards inside a game/electronics store at a mall. and good news for you is that your going to be in tokyo meaning most likely you could be in shibuya meaning you could easily be at harajuku or akihabara which is practically THEE anime/video game central. ESPECIALLY, AKIHABARA... theyre very easy to find if you know where to look.

uhh prices im not sure. all i know is that they are going to be a few bucks cheaper (converted to yen) than overseas prices mainly because they dont need to ship. i do beleive that they are definitely going to be cheaper than what profiteers sell online.

enjoy your time there~

Last edited:
there is ALOT of streetpassing going on. and so much loot to get from streetpass games because of overseas players. my entire acnl homes were completley gone of english mayors/houses. enjoy while you can, and goodluck in the heat. ill be visiting in june, and my fam is already telling me that things are starting to get hot. im looking forward to many things but not the heat...

anyways, places like tokyo and osaka you will DEFINITELY get alot of streetpasses, especially in areas like shibuya where there is already other tourists who are most likely have their 3Ds out for streetpassing. subways and local train stations are your best friend.

amiibo cards usually easy to find? surprisingly, not... really. i mean, they wouldnt have it in places like the Lawsons down the street from your hotel or in the local train station. since amiibo cards have been out for a while you will have better luck finding amiibo cards inside a game/electronics store at a mall. and good news for you is that your going to be in tokyo meaning most likely you could be in shibuya meaning you could easily be at harajuku or akihabara which is practically THEE anime/video game central. ESPECIALLY, AKIHABARA... theyre very easy to find if you know where to look.

uhh prices im not sure. all i know is that they are going to be a few bucks cheaper (converted to yen) than overseas prices mainly because they dont need to ship. i do beleive that they are definitely going to be cheaper than what profiteers sell online.

enjoy your time there~

Thank you! Yeah, my boyfriend's been warning me about the heat, but he was there in August, so hopefully it'll at least be a little cooler for him, lol. And I expected I would find some at Akiba (plus, our hostel's 10 min. from there, so yay), but where I live, it's somewhat hard to find them now, even at shops that only sell electronics, so I was worried they would have stopped selling them in Japan, as well.

Back