Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Switch
5386-8207-0510
Tasty Cake
Orange (Fruit)
Small Mailbox
Okay so I heard a villager won't move on patterns? So...was that new with the update? lol because I know before they'd move right on top of your paths..?

Okay so I heard a villager won't move on patterns? So...was that new with the update? lol because I know before they'd move right on top of your paths..?

Yes! It's new with the updates and OMG It makes thing SO much easier lol. I used to hate it when villagers moves in front of my paths and I had to change the ENTIRE way my path leading up that villager's house was placed. I can speak for many players when I say that VILLAGERS NOT MOVING ON PATHS ANYMORE IS A BLESSING! XD You just have to me more mindful and where exactly you want to place them. The villager plot reset method is easier to do too.

It is indeed truly truly true! I'm still developing my town, so its covered in paths wherever I don't want them! It's really not too hard to set up, and it allows you to put your houses wherever you want. Combine this with Amiibo cards and control over your town is in the palm of your hand!

Under normal circumstances, villagers will not move onto paths. However, there are circumstances that will still cause them to move onto paths. I know this because it happened to me very recently and I rage-reset a town because of it.

The most important thing to keep in mind is that acres in ACNL can get "crowded", so even if there's technically enough space for a villager house in a certain area, if there are too many other houses, PWPs, structures, etc in that area already, a villager will not move there, and instead, will pick another spot.

Voided villagers and villagers from amiibo cards WILL ignore paths if you have no good space for them to move into. They will pick a spot their house fits in at random.

Because of this I recommend having more than one 3x3 space when you want to move a villager in. If it's too crowded in a single area where you left a 3x3, they may ignore it entirely, and sometimes, it's REALLY, REALLY difficult to get an amiibo card villager you scanned in to move out. The villager I moved in refused to ping me to leave, ever, even after "months" of time traveling, while every other villager asked me to move like 5 times (and no, my amiibo villager was not my last villager to move in). Tread carefully, even with pathed towns.

Back