• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Ariana Grande Concert Explosion

I am heartbroken, I have no words. My thoughts and prayers go out to anyone who was affected, a truly sad day.

Pretty much the only thing I've seen on telly all day is this news story and my heart is aching so much. Pretty close to home for me :(

- - - Post Merge - - -

I 100% agree with this. This is something that happens a lot but gets ignored. All of the events are sad not just the ones on our door step.

That must of been scary.

Yeah, my point exactly.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Really sad stuff that went down yesterday, especially the concert which was targeting mostly toward children
My heart goes out to everyone involved or affected

One of the victims was even 8 year old Saffie Rose Rousso, extremely sad https://twitter.com/__AlexN_/status/867004717951582208

I also saw that the bombing at the concert wasn't the only bomb attack yesterday, as there were additional bombings in Bangkok and Syria
https://twitter.com/malditaregui/status/867003690971942912
Credibility source:
https://twitter.com/TIME/status/866566574873997312

Along with the bombings yesterday was an ISIS invasion in Marawi and a public assault of a couple in Indonesia with a cane for homosexual behavior.

Well that seems very suspicious to me.

It's imminent that another attack may happen apparently, according to the news.

The threat level has went from severe to critical, critical being the highest level on the threat scale.

It is a terrifying time to live, it has always been terrifying to live on Earth. We can't live in our homes, go for a nice meal or to a place that is meant to be full of joy...a concert, without fearing for our lives, that is a problem and unfortunately we will never be able to do anything about it, it's the sad truth and I hope that truth could be altered but I don't think it ever will. Which really turns my heart black and cold.

Last edited:
This is so sad. Manchester is only 40 mins away from where I live and my friend's dad was in the area during the attack. He's home safe it shook us to the core. It breaks my heart knowing that innocent music lovers, including young children as young as eight, were selfishly murdered.

I'm also hurt to hear about the bomb attack in Syria that killed over 60 people, many being children again. I wish that more people were aware of the young lives at constant risk in other countries as well as our own; of course I suppose people only really realise the impact of these attacks when they're closer.

Last edited:
This is so sad. Manchester is only 40 mins away from where I live and my friend's dad was in the area during the attack. He's home safe it shook us to the core. It breaks my heart knowing that innocent music lovers, including young children as young as eight, were selfishly murdered.

I'm also hurt to hear about the bomb attack in Syria that killed over 60 people, many being children again. I wish that more people were aware of the young lives at constant risk in other countries as well as our own; of course I suppose people only really realise the impact of these attacks when they're closer.

80 or so young lives lost selfishly and unnecessarily.

They had so much life ahead of them and they will never experience that adventure, really saddening.

Last edited:
Though my country's motto "keep calm and carry on" doesn't do much good at this point, it's the only thing that keeps me going during this terrible time.

I usually go by the 'keep calm, carry on' point of view...But I find it hard not to see this and think "might give Manchester this weekend a miss actually".

I have a friend who was in the concert, who is currently missing. Everyone is so stressed and emotional over this. It's heartbreaking.

Just a quick update, if there hasn't been one already: it's been confirmed as a suicide bombing, the man has been identified and confirmed dead. The number of casualties has gone up to 22. One of the confirmed victims was an 8 year-old girl.

- - - Post Merge - - -

And Islamic State have claimed responsibility for the attack in their messenger. Greater Manchester Police are still investigating whether he worked alone or is part of a larger network. Theresa May has announced the UK's threat level has gone up to critical, the highest level, while also saying that more attacks are to be expected.

Know this seems a bit off topic but how did Ariana leave before the bombing, like, did they feel it or it happened before the concert ended?

Know this seems a bit off topic but how did Ariana leave before the bombing, like, did they feel it or it happened before the concert ended?

*Twilight Zone music*

I wish I could watch Alex Jones today because I want to know if he goes all conspiracy theory about this.

The concert had ended. People were making their way out of the arena at the time. The bomb went off in the foyer connecting the station to the train station. I don't think the backstage area was nearby the foyer, buy I assume she might've heard the explosion.

It seems that Europe has gotten much more dangerous. America isn't any better either, but as long as it's closer to the Middle East, it's going to be more prone to Islamic terrorism.

If you want to know what I think started all of the Islamic terrorism, it would have to be the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan, followed by the presidency of Saddam Hussein. Ever since then, we've been seeing and hearing more about terrorism coming from the Middle East. And they have gotten worse. Now they're targeting concerts. Terrorism needs to be taken very seriously. We can't let this continue going on.

hearing of this event as its impact continues to shake communities all across the uk, including my own, and across the world is truly heartbreaking. the world we live in is a terrifying place and the uncertainty that is felt as a result of these attacks regarding whether we should continue our daily lives as though nothing as happened or whether to take as many precautions in our daily lives is something that affects us all and will affect us all in the many faces and many forms terrorism has taken and will take throughout time. it's easy to make generalisations in times like this but it's important to remember that the islamic state do not represent an entire race and religion.

i think that the attacker(s) targeted the ariana concert in particular knowing that the audience would consist mostly of young girls (although people of all ages have been killed in the attack), and that ariana's open female sexuality represents what the islamic state despise in women, as they believe that women are inferior and should be submissive.

the attack hasn't directly affected me but it has hit me emotionally as it is a generally tragic event, took place in the country where i live, one of my best friends was very close to going to that concert, and i like ariana grande and her music.
i've seen and heard that dna kits have been taken into the arena - this generally means, and i hope it's not too graphic - that people have literally been blown to bits or burned beyond recognition. my heart hurts for the victims, their families, those whose loved ones are still missing, everyone who attended that concert, staff at the arena and ariana grande. just everyone affected by it.

hearing of this event as its impact continues to shake communities all across the uk, including my own, and across the world is truly heartbreaking. the world we live in is a terrifying place and the uncertainty that is felt as a result of these attacks regarding whether we should continue our daily lives as though nothing as happened or whether to take as many precautions in our daily lives is something that affects us all and will affect us all in the many faces and many forms terrorism has taken and will take throughout time. it's easy to make generalisations in times like this but it's important to remember that the islamic state do not represent an entire race and religion.

i think that the attacker(s) targeted the ariana concert in particular knowing that the audience would consist mostly of young girls (although people of all ages have been killed in the attack), and that ariana's open female sexuality represents what the islamic state despise in women, as they believe that women are inferior and should be submissive.

the attack hasn't directly affected me but it has hit me emotionally as it is a generally tragic event, took place in the country where i live, one of my best friends was very close to going to that concert, and i like ariana grande and her music.
i've seen and heard that dna kits have been taken into the arena - this generally means, and i hope it's not too graphic - that people have literally been blown to bits or burned beyond recognition. my heart hurts for the victims, their families, those whose loved ones are still missing, everyone who attended that concert, staff at the arena and ariana grande. just everyone affected by it.

I also am scared for my family back in the U.K. They're down in Kent but my brother takes the tube to London every day. I'm scared of what I'll hear one day. This is two events in two months. You should never have to worry about someones life anywhere but of all places in a first world country. ):

i had a friend at the concert.........she is safe but my heart hurts. she told me it was absolute carnage, never thought she would have to experience running for her life.

i had a friend at the concert.........she is safe but my heart hurts. she told me it was absolute carnage, never thought she would have to experience running for her life.

that's terrible. glad to hear that she's safe, hope the experience isn't too hard on her.

i reaaaaaaally dont like how the uk is just tolerating crap like this without doing anything to prevent a future attack or offense that could have been prevented

i reaaaaaaally dont like how the uk is just tolerating crap like this without doing anything to prevent a future attack or offense that could have been prevented

Just curious, what would you like them to do to prevent a future attack?
Besides, of course, more strict check and security systems which I'm sure they will be doing from now on

Police have said that he was part of a network. He went to Libya DAYS before he committed the attack. His father and brother have been arrested in Libya.

Neighbours have said to the BBC that they've heard him yelling quotes from the Quaran outside his home and hanging a black flag with words in a different language on it (srry that I don't know what language they speak). He's been reported to the police multiple times. It just baffles me that they DIDN'T ARREST HIM BEFORE CHILDREN, MOTHERS AND FATHERS, SONS AND DAUGHTERS, TEENAGERS, LITTLE CHILDREN AS YOUNG AS EIGHT YEARS OLD WERE KILLED.

Just appalled.

No the UK is not tolerating crap like this, the situation is tight and there isn't much they can do besides having stricter security and security checks in certain areas.

Attacks can happen anytime and anywhere.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Police have said that he was part of a network. He went to Libya DAYS before he committed the attack. His father and brother have been arrested in Libya.

Neighbours have said to the BBC that they've heard him yelling quotes from the Quaran outside his home and hanging a black flag with words in a different language on it (srry that I don't know what language they speak). He's been reported to the police multiple times. It just baffles me that they DIDN'T ARREST HIM BEFORE CHILDREN, MOTHERS AND FATHERS, SONS AND DAUGHTERS, TEENAGERS, LITTLE CHILDREN AS YOUNG AS EIGHT YEARS OLD WERE KILLED.

Just appalled.

That really is disgusting.

The whole situation is disgusting.

Last edited:

I'm glad to hear that she's okay. I had a friend in the attack, she's injured but alive. Only found out early this morning where she was.

Back