• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Ariana Grande Concert Explosion

i also wasnt talking about "oh theyre fasting that means theyre muslims BETTER TELL THE AUTHORITIES" dont shove words into my mouth. why do you always paint me to be a disgusting human being?

- - - Post Merge - - -

you did say that i was being gross for those views. thats pretty similar to me
its really difficult to tell the difference between a muslim and an extremist, since its the extremists that disguise themselves as peaceful people. i just dont want all of these people who have lost their loved ones to something like this to suffer

Last edited:
alright so everyones cool and debating (i guess) happily and then you call me gross, i think doing that makes you less tolerant of other peoples ideas and kind of makes your extremely valid points look a little different now

- - - Post Merge - - -

of course im not saying we must check every bag, thats just overboard, there are definitely flaws in my opinion. for one we may develop a strong paranoia towards other ideas like any different religion or any different culture from ours which is obviously just racism
-_- the way youre talking about muslims is gross, i didnt say u r gross. there's a difference. i do think that talking like one in four muslims support killing people is gross because it is false information that youre spreading to show how truly evil muslims are. that's gross to me. if you want i can say that it is really bad, problematic and discriminating instead but i just think gross was shorter and conveyed my negative feelings well enough

yeah but i think the police and ppl like that really are trying to stop terrorism and make it harder to commit these types of crimes. obviously there's always room for improvement but unless you have a specific problem w it i dont think it's something to blame security ppl for. i get that people want better security, i do too, but i also think that no one (or, like, almost no one) is being like "meh terrorism is fine so let's not try to stop it ?\_(ツ)_/? "
and w the paranoia part .. yes? but isnt that kinda what u were doing before /:? i get that it happens but that's why it is so important to work w those problems and not divide us into different groups that want nothing to do w each other. people complain about ppl saying "not all muslims are terrorists" after every terrorist attack carried out by a muslim, but ppl are saying it because it is true and it is important to not let terrorism divide us.
isis wants to start a war between all muslims and all non muslims. it's stupid to do what thry want :/

i also wasnt talking about "oh theyre fasting that means theyre muslims BETTER TELL THE AUTHORITIES" dont shove words into my mouth. why do you always paint me to be a disgusting human being?

i didnt mean that that's what you think, i was referring to how many people i have seen are. so many ignorant old ppl here think all ppl who speak arabic are criminals and terrorists and that's really Not Great. they need to learn more about islam before claiming people are terrorists bc attacking and bullying muslims isnt ok

i didnt mean that that's what you think, i was referring to how many people i have seen are. so many ignorant old ppl here think all ppl who speak arabic are criminals and terrorists and that's really Not Great. they need to learn more about islam before claiming people are terrorists bc attacking and bullying muslims isnt ok

im really sorry for misunderstanding
i guess i just thought that a gross act would be something i implied

Last edited:
Guys remember to keep discussion civil and to pick your words carefully, especially so you're being very clear with the points you're trying to make.

*upsetting and traumatic bombing, recently killing 22 people*

New York Times: let's leak forensic photos of the crime scene, the bloodied detonator and put it in newspapers across the US!!!!!!!!!

- - - Post Merge - - -

why do you people have no respect for people who have died or have come close to death

drives me absolutely mad

"And a review of the location of those killed shows most of the fatalities occurred in a nearly complete circle around the bomber, Salman Abedi, whose upper torso was heaved outside the lethal ring toward the Manchester Arena entrance." JUST WHY

Last edited:
That was absolutley awful :( Such a coward to target youngsters who just wanted to have a great time watching their fave pop star.

*upsetting and traumatic bombing, recently killing 22 people*

New York Times: let's leak forensic photos of the crime scene, the bloodied detonator and put it in newspapers across the US!!!!!!!!!

- - - Post Merge - - -

why do you people have no respect for people who have died or have come close to death

drives me absolutely mad

"And a review of the location of those killed shows most of the fatalities occurred in a nearly complete circle around the bomber, Salman Abedi, whose upper torso was heaved outside the lethal ring toward the Manchester Arena entrance." JUST WHY

this is your pilot speaking

theresa may is stopping comminucation with the US regarding the manchester bombing
sounds like she's gonna rip trump dump a new one

that is all

View attachment 200357

no but really, stronger vetting and stricter immigration laws/enforcement would help. maybe hurry up with that Brexit thing too.

nice picture pal

how would immigration stuff (that wouldnt have happened over 20 yrs ago) and brexit have stopped this attack? the dude had lived in manchester since he was born lol.

nice picture pal

how would immigration stuff (that wouldnt have happened over 20 yrs ago) and brexit have stopped this attack? the dude had lived in manchester since he was born lol.

Playing Devil's Advocate here but it still could've been the spark to make the man who did this actually go out and do it. I don't know his personal life but I have to assume that if he did this there were some serious problems in his life. Add to that some new people from another country that weren't properly vetted and were bad news moving nearby and telling him that he can be accepted by them if he goes out and does this crime and you have a recipe for diaster. Not saying all immigrants are bad news - not in the slightest - but without proper vetting how can you know who's good and who's out to hurt people?

Of course it might've happened anyway if the man was taking to bad news folks online (of any race or religion).

My heart goes out to everyone affected, directly or indirectly, by this attack. I kinda wanna throw my 2 cents in, but if someone wants me to shut up then I'll knock it off haha :p

I live in Massachusetts USA and I was watching some local news broadcaster the other day. They talked about the attack - probably to relate it to MA somehow, which considering it was across the globe it just felt like they were trying to scare viewers into thinking "this could happen to you!" or something, I dunno - and talked to locals to see how they feel about it. Some mother discussed the fact that she is now worried for her children and most likely won't let them go to any concerts in the near future for fear of another attack. For me personally, it kind of irked me that A) the news channel had Americans talking about it (maybe I'm a hypocrite for talking about it too, haha!) , and B ) that she was now afraid to go to a public event because of this. If this man is actually a terrorist or whatever he is labeled as after the fact, then it was his job and his goal to do exactly that: inflict terror. If we were to stop everything we do because of being scared of an attack like this, then we have let them take control. At the risk of sounding like an obnoxious 'murrican: don't let the terrorists win. The best way to fight them is to keep moving forward - it's all we can do.

Ariana Grande has released a full statement on the Manchester bombing and had pledged that she will return to Manchester to perform a fundraising concert for those affected by the attack.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-40067159

Stuff like this just warms my heart. She's extending her arm out as much as she can and performing to support those in need.

Back