• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Ariana Grande Concert Explosion

This is just another sweet ingredient to add to 2017s recipe for disaster. I'm pretty sure 2016 was just a warm up for this year and the upcoming ones.

An Arianda Grande concert of all things? I know she's big but I didn't think she was that big.

So many people here are making it sound like this isn't a common thing in the world. Like this is the saddest event ever. I know it's sad but this is just one small event of all the killings that go on in the world. America does this **** in muslim countries practically all the time (especially if they really are behind ISIS and fund them. I personally believe they are but that's whole other discussion). Instead of focusing on one small event I prefer to reflect on all the unnecessary deaths out there that happen. No one ever brings this much attention to when western/christian countries are the ones being terrorists for example. Unless its attacking their own country.

Either way this is very sad news.
Please do not get offended with what I'm saying as my intention is not to offend anyone. I just feel like talking about the more generic side of this that we can get more of a conversation going instead of just the same replies all the time.

Last edited:
This is just another sweet ingredient to add to 2017s recipe for disaster. I'm pretty sure 2016 was just a warm up for this year and the upcoming ones.

An Arianda Grande concert of all things? I know she's big but I didn't think she was that big.

So many people here are making it sound like this isn't a common thing in the world. Like this is the saddest event ever. I know it's sad but this is just one small event of all the killings that go on in the world. America does this **** in muslim countries practically all the time (especially if they really are behind ISIS and fund them. I personally believe they are but that's whole other discussion). Instead of focusing on one small event I prefer to reflect on all the unnecessary deaths out there that happen. No one ever brings this much attention to when western/christian countries are the ones being terrorists for example. Unless its attacking their own country.

Please do not get offended with what I'm saying as my intention is not to offend anyone. I just feel like talking about the more generic side of this that we can get more of a conversation going instead of just the same replies all the time.

yeah, people wont get offended at ur post, dont worry about that. instead i think people will be reading your post, thinking about how very considerate and understanding and aware you are of the world's problems. you are so woke never stop baby

update: 22 are now confirmed dead, and a family was on a morning show talking about their lost 19 year old son who hasnt been identified or found in any hospitals
this is really sad, man

Still heartbroken, this is so appalling. These were just teenage girls who were around my age having fun and it's devastating that they had their life taken away from them by doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. Now I feel like no country is safe anymore. Praying for the families of those affected, and sending love to them as well as Ariana Grande and her fans themselves.

I heard about this from my friend over Tumblr. She told me about it and I was gobsmacked. It kept me brooding over how unsafe our world has become all day. May the the casualties rest in peace, and may the injured recover quickly.

This is why I hardly leave the house. It's so sad knowing you can't even enjoy a concert anymore without the fear of getting killed.

IMG_20170523_120110.jpg
i want to be upset however i cant help but laugh at how pathetic this is to do

wow I can't believe Ariana is a terrorist so sad to see all these Disney channel stars go downhillI'm jk this is really sad

View attachment 199470
i want to be upset however i cant help but laugh at how pathetic this is to do

I hope you're not really laughing. This is awful and only will serve to make those who are actually missing get less attention.

Honestly I don't care of the people making these stories up are kids. I think there should be a severe punishment for anyone who makes something up like this. Not jail time but maybe community service. Maybe have them work to serve the actual victims.

yeah, people wont get offended at ur post, dont worry about that. instead i think people will be reading your post, thinking about how very considerate and understanding and aware you are of the world's problems. you are so woke never stop baby

I really can't tell if you're being serious or sarcastic. Lol

Even though I don't live in Manchester, this has seriously struck a cord in me. I hope those who are missing are found soon. This is such an awful, awful thing to happen and it definitely wasn't deserved. I hope the families affected by this recover from this in time. On a lighter note, I give the people of Manchester major props for coming together at a time like this to help those affected out. It really gives me hope in humanity.

Last edited:
one of my friend dropped his lil sister at that concert...... She's not missing, but I feel terrible because we all chipped in and help him buy her birthday gift, tickets to see her favorite pop star... I feel like we sent her to her death, without even knowing it... :(

Last edited:
one of my friend dropped his lil sister at that concert...... She's not missing, but I feel terrible because we all chipped in and help him buy her birthday gift, tickets to see her favorite pop star... I feel like we sent her to her death, without even knowing it... :(

It's not your fault, you had no idea. Also, i'm so sorry about your friends sister.

I hope you're not really laughing. This is awful and only will serve to make those who are actually missing get less attention.

i just meant a little laugh of disgust
"how can someone stoop this low and try to grab attention from people who are suffering"

I heard on the radio that after the tragedy a lot of folks in the area trended opening up their homes to let the people at the concert get situated. Goes to show that there is still hope for humanity. Applause to those who generously opened up their homes to those who needed it in a time of chaos.

Love and personal drive for peace will always win in the end, and I think that can be said regarding all of the horrible goings-on this week. Though it may cost many lives, I look forward to the day we (if it happens while I'm still here) can look back on these days with not only grief, but remembrance of a time we managed to survive and overcome.

Though my country's motto "keep calm and carry on" doesn't do much good at this point, it's the only thing that keeps me going during this terrible time.

EDIT: Also, we must try and do more for the world. Using prayer hashtags on Twitter doesn't do anything. The people out there last night walking the streets to find people's children were the true heroes. People driving people back to their homes for nothing were the true heroes. The police and the medics were the true heroes.

Last edited:

Prime Minister, Theresa May's speech about the attack.

This is truly heartbreaking. My thoughts are with those affected greatly by such a tragic incident.

Gosh, I just saw some footage where the boom can be heard and I almost felt like I was there, in that my heart dropped like you would when realising disaster has struck. Some of these people are going to be traumatised for life following what they saw. Praying for all involved. x

I realise this video may sit uncomfortably with some people, but to be open you must hear all sides. This is one of them.

Last edited:
Really sad stuff that went down yesterday, especially the concert which was targeting mostly toward children
My heart goes out to everyone involved or affected

One of the victims was even 8 year old Saffie Rose Rousso, extremely sad https://twitter.com/__AlexN_/status/867004717951582208

I also saw that the bombing at the concert wasn't the only bomb attack yesterday, as there were additional bombings in Bangkok and Syria
https://twitter.com/malditaregui/status/867003690971942912
Credibility source:
https://twitter.com/TIME/status/866566574873997312

Along with the bombings yesterday was an ISIS invasion in Marawi and a public assault of a couple in Indonesia with a cane for homosexual behavior.

Pretty much the only thing I've seen on telly all day is this news story and my heart is aching so much. Pretty close to home for me :(

- - - Post Merge - - -

I 100% agree with this. This is something that happens a lot but gets ignored. All of the events are sad not just the ones on our door step.

Back