• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

First time town resetter - need opinions

jacjac

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
So I've recently gotten back into AC after years of not playing.

I've learnt the ropes again and am pretty happy about that.

Here is my dilemma, I've never been a town resetter. Since playing, I've put paths down for the first time and it just reaaally bothers me that there are some rocks right in the middle. I don't mind the villagers houses because I want most of them to move anyway - but the rocks annoy me.
I really want to reset my town to find the perfect map and have some nice paths. It just bugs me that I'd lose all my progress. I don't have any friends IRL who could hold my stuff until I find a town I'm happy with, so I guess I'm not only am I asking for opinions, but asking if anyone would be willing to hold my furniture, some bells, fruit etc. for me until I find a town?

What do the town resetters out there think? I'm worried ah!

Finding someone can be hard, you need someone with time.
In my case it took 2 days to find a town i like, maybe you should make a list of things you want in a new town (rocks, ponds and store location).

Positive things.
-It can be a chance to make things better.
-If you don't feel comfortable with the things in your town, it can be better to restart, at least you found you can made things better in the actual one.
-I reset because i feel stuck with the last one.
-I get everything back with lots of improvements in 2 Months.
-If you sell, you don't need to get the PWPs you have now back, that appeared again in your new town.
-If you sell, you don't need to lost your catalogue (except for the things you can buy from there)
-If you find someone who can hold everything for you it doesn't have to be tedious.

Negative things.
-It can be tedious and weird the first hours or days (depend of you).
-If you don't sell the town, it can be tedious get bells.

Note: Make sure the town you found is the one you want to keep.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Everything the above poster said.

Also, I wouldn't mind holding your stuff for you if you still need it. :3

Well, since you dont like your villagers then the only things you would lose are the shop upgrades and those are really easy to get, especially if you time travel...
Btw, I have a town that I started a couple of weeks ago and its really empty so if you want I can help you transfer your items if you decide to reset :)

Finding someone can be hard, you need someone with time.
In my case it took 2 days to find a town i like, maybe you should make a list of things you want in a new town (rocks, ponds and store location).

Positive things.
-It can be a chance to make things better.
-If you don't feel comfortable with the things in your town, it can be better to restart, at least you found you can made things better in the actual one.
-I reset because i feel stuck with the last one.
-I get everything back with lots of improvements in 2 Months.
-If you sell, you don't need to get the PWPs you have now back, that appeared again in your new town.
-If you sell, you don't need to lost your catalogue (except for the things you can buy from there)
-If you find someone who can hold everything for you it doesn't have to be tedious.

Negative things.
-It can be tedious and weird the first hours or days (depend of you).
-If you don't sell the town, it can be tedious get bells.

Note: Make sure the town you found is the one you want to keep.

Good luck!

unfortunately i can't sell because i've only been playing for a few weeks again. losing my shop upgrades is kind of annoying but i guess i haven't made too much progress so it isn't a big deal

- - - Post Merge - - -

Everything the above poster said.

Also, I wouldn't mind holding your stuff for you if you still need it. :3

:eek: it would be awesome if you'd be willing to do that!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Well, since you dont like your villagers then the only things you would lose are the shop upgrades and those are really easy to get, especially if you time travel...
Btw, I have a town that I started a couple of weeks ago and its really empty so if you want I can help you transfer your items if you decide to reset :)

AkaneDeath & Fallenchild, I'm not sure about your times zones but it's the morning for me and I'd love to reset today. Ideally find a nice town today and be done with transferring items. Would either of you be willing to do that?

unfortunately i can't sell because i've only been playing for a few weeks again. losing my shop upgrades is kind of annoying but i guess i haven't made too much progress so it isn't a big deal

- - - Post Merge - - -

:eek: it would be awesome if you'd be willing to do that!

- - - Post Merge - - -

AkaneDeath & Fallenchild, I'm not sure about your times zones but it's the morning for me and I'd love to reset today. Ideally find a nice town today and be done with transferring items. Would either of you be willing to do that?

It's night time where I'm at but I should be up for another four or five hours. I can do it!

It's night time where I'm at but I should be up for another four or five hours. I can do it!

If you're happy to help, then that would be amazing! I'm hoping it wont take too long seeing as I'm not particularly picky with villagers right now. Is there an easier place we can chat?

I've got nothing better to do and I'm loaded. I'll help you out if you want.

So I've recently gotten back into AC after years of not playing.

I've learnt the ropes again and am pretty happy about that.

Here is my dilemma, I've never been a town resetter. Since playing, I've put paths down for the first time and it just reaaally bothers me that there are some rocks right in the middle. I don't mind the villagers houses because I want most of them to move anyway - but the rocks annoy me.
I really want to reset my town to find the perfect map and have some nice paths. It just bugs me that I'd lose all my progress. I don't have any friends IRL who could hold my stuff until I find a town I'm happy with, so I guess I'm not only am I asking for opinions, but asking if anyone would be willing to hold my furniture, some bells, fruit etc. for me until I find a town?

What do the town resetters out there think? I'm worried ah!

If you dislike the rock placements, go for it and reset. I reset my town and I've been so happy I did it. Like you said, I had rocks are really annoying spots and I disliked my town map. There's plenty of people who would be happy to help hold your items. I'd offer but both of my towns are full but I see you got offers above. You can also ask anyone in the Train Station section in case any above fall through. You're almost guaranteed to find someone either way. :)

This rock & pond placement guide should help!

Thanks all for the help and comments! I reset my town today and really happy I did. Can't wait to work on it :D

Back