Pet Parrots!

helenkeller

fecal sewage ♥
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
I feel like posting something here today...
I don't know many people with a pet parrot like me.
Does anybody have a pet parrot?
If so what is the breed of it? Can it talk? What are its favorite things to say? And how old is your parrot?

My parrot is Lola, an African Grey Congo! I honestly am not sure how old she is. My brother takes care of her now, she has been in the basement in his big bedroom for three or four years now. But she occasionally comes upstairs.
She says some things, mostly things we say a lot that she has heard. Now voices she hears are limited so I am not sure if she learned anything new from hearing my brother. Whether it being the TV, or him talking on skype or scolding her.

When me and my dad (her two LEAST favorites out of us four) she bit him, then MOCKED what he says every time he leaves "I'm goin out!"

She swears... Not going to put what words and some of the things she says.

I recall a funny "you wont believe it until you see it moment"
I was screaming, typical 14 year old teen tantrum, and my bird yelled "shut up *****"
then my brother said "ooo you got roasted by a parrot" then she said "*****"

Also a few weeks after we bought her she said the name Ron Jeremy out loud.... Which is extremely inappropriate for store associates to teach a bird. Since I was in sixth grade and my brother was in eighth when we got her...

Now after typing this all I do recall one person I knew irl with a parrot (same kind too) but they smoke inside and she feeds it unhealthy foods so I try my hardest not to think about it when I try to think of people who have/had birds.....

Pictures:
https://www.google.com/search?q=afr...=isch&q=african+grey+parrot&spf=1495494029146

Last edited:
Oh I think a pet parrot sounds amazing , but I agree with you it always makes me sad and uncomfortable to think about animals that don't live in very good homes >0<

I have a little qucker parrot named Chilli! He talks a little of random cute stuff but mainly just screaming noises and laughing XD He really likes eating bread, and berries, and anything that isnt too hard (he actually isnt big on some nuts).

I don't have one myself. They require too much attention for me personally.

But I do like parrots. I bet they make great company. Some I've seen are so sassy. XD

I don't own a parrot, but I would like to care for one in the future. I find them quite cute and I have researched them thoroughly. But there are so many animals that I want to have, but I'm not that great with handling living things... so hopefully, when I grow more mature and responsible, I can look forward to having a parrot. But not now.

I have a pet cockatiel who's turning 5 years old at the end of this year. She doesn't really 'talk' like copying human speech, but she's pretty chatty in general. I leave her cage open so she can roam around the house since her cage is a bit small. I've been a dog person my whole life, but having a bird opened my eyes to how amazing they are ;__;

papri ds.jpgpapu.jpg
papuu.jpg
papuuu.jpg

Back