Peoples opinions on time hopping ?

ohh yes

me too I noticed that when I first started time hopping bugged me to

- - - Post Merge - - -

ah yeah now that I have cards for the RVs but its only one per day I skip

- - - Post Merge - - -

true I do think its important to live in the moment tt can ruin that

I used to time travel ALL the time. And honestly, I just had New Leaf for a day and I already did it lol.
I started playing last night, and to know what my downpayment was I had to come back tomorrow. So I was patient and waited. This morning, I started the game but the housing-shop-thing was still closed.
So, I time travelled for about an hour so it was open. I could pay the downpayment right away ahaha, but then I had to wait another day before my house was finally finished o-o So I wanted to time travel right away but I decided to be patient and wait until tomorrow. I have tons of stuff to do today so it might actually be better for me to just not time travel (because I'd keep playing) and go do my other stuff c:

I've only done it once. Two days ahead, and lost a villager without warning.

I never time skipped when I was a kid and I don't now. I guess the way I see it is that it's a life sim game for a reason. I just wouldn't see the point in it. If I wanted that kind of game I'd play something else.

No hate on people that do it. Their towns are probably way better than mine will ever be because of it haha :p

I like TT. I use it to see Shrunk's show. I'm not able to see it at the normal time due to my work schedule. I make sure to TT within the same day.
Another thing I use it for is to participate in events on Saturday.
I'm a religous Jew. For us, Saturday is Shabbat. Shabbat occurs from sunset on Friday evening until nightfall on Saturday night. It's forbidden to use or even touch electronic devices on Shabbos according to Jewish law.
In the summer, Shabbos ends very late (the latest time it ends is 8:30 pm), so if I played normally, I would miss out on all the events on Saturday.
It's fine by me if you like it or hate it. I don't see it as cheating, since it's something that's in the game (adjusting the time and date).

sos sorry I've anyones got a dislike button
I've been trying to like peoples comments but it just keeps disliking them

As a general rule it really ruins a game for me when I cheat on it. I've started permitting myself to time travel for certain things now, on the condition I don't get any extras out of it, say additional bells. I'll only TT for aesthetic reasons or plot resetting, so as long as I stick to that, I let myself do it now and again.

sos sorry I've anyones got a dislike button
I've been trying to like peoples comments but it just keeps disliking them

Lol. I used to think that too, but if you click the green thumb, that actually is you liking the comment, and clicking the red thumb is you unliking it, but you can never dislike something on this forum.

I only TT to get T&T Emporium. Nooks little shack bothers me for some reason. I feel like I'm missing out on so many sales just by having it there. And if there's no gardening shop, that just makes it worst. This may be one of the reasons why I'll never reset again. Time traveling and buying Able Sister's clothing (in order to pass Gracie's fashion test) gets very tedious after a while, and I don't think I'm too excited to do that all over again in order to unlock their shops.

I used to do it a lot when I was little because I was impatient. But I'd only do it after playing the game for 1+ plus so I already played through the game for the most part. I also did the same with New leaf but lately I dont time travel so much, only unless its to get a villager whos moving out sooner or something.

I think you can play a game however you want to play! As long as the player is having fun, isnt that what matters?

I tt mostly because I don't play often and it is an easy way to keep villagers I like from moving. I don't usually tt for events. I only tted to my birthday once because I didn't feel like playing then, but I still wanted to see the birthday party.

I time traveled in the GCN game because I was impatient and wanted to beat the game in a month. But I also used another memory card to travel to another made up town to do things.

In this game, I haven't, but I can see why people would want to time travel, i.e. to catch Salmon.

I was really lucky. I caught one to complete my encyclopedia in a friend's town. To this date, the only Salmon I've seen.

Another friend of mine also really wanted certain themes, like Spooky or Pave. Waiting 5, 6 months + is taxing.

When a got my first time at the release date I was like 13 and I was a very very impatient Person. I learned that you're very often and fast burnt out because of the game, when you timetravel to Events or Special dates, so without timetravveling and cheating it's ways more Relaxing.

When a got my first time at the release date I was like 13 and I was a very very impatient Person. I learned that you're very often and fast burnt out because of the game, when you timetravel to Events or Special dates, so without timetravveling and cheating it's ways more Relaxing.

That's why I never did it. I didn't want to lose my villagers, and having to fast forward, talk to them each day, then fast forward to make sure they stay was too much.

I never jump a whole bunch of days at a time, and rarely just for events, but I'm ALWAYS time travelling. I don't really like playing the game at night or early in the morning (unless theres a reason to, like bugs/fish), so I TT to the afternoon. Or if I need money, I'll TT to after 7 to go to the island. I'll also TT if I'm impatient for villagers to move in, or move out... And I'll TT if I have money for multiple PWPs and want them finished fast. Lol...

Back when I started playing AC:WW I changed the time so that day time was at night time etc because I worked night shifts and only really played the game on my massive break in the middle where there was nothing to do. So I didn't really count that as TT. I was pretty against TTing but now I hardly have time to play I have been guilty of TTing at times...

I don't TT anymore in my main town. I used to all the time, because I wanted to keep the season in the fall,
so I would constantly just TT back to the middle of September. However, over summer break last year, I finished my town and didn't really have a reason to TT anymore, so I got back on track with the current time, and now I haven't TTed in that town ever since.

I still TT in my secondary towns, but mostly because of the amiibo update lol.

I like time traveling, most of the time 1 day ahaid, but sometimes a month when I want my grass to be green again.

I personally don't do it because I want to experience the game as naturally as possible, and I don't want to risk having the wrong villager move out. Having said that, I don't look down on people who do time travel. :)

Back