• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Peoples opinions on time hopping ?

I try not to do it do it sometimes. I always go back to the current date and only by days generally not like changing to a new season. I'm trying to break that habit.

If people wanna do it they should be able to, some people (like me) just can't handle the understimulation the game brings sometimes

If people wanna do it they should be able to, some people (like me) just can't handle the understimulation the game brings sometimes

This is the way I see it. I know people always say that it ruins the experience, but everyone has different ways of having fun on the game. I personally wouldn't be into the game nearly as much as I've always been without time travelling. Games are meant for fun imo, and having to make sure I get on everyday is what makes it less appealing to me so I'm glad there is TTing.

The only time I changed my clock was to adjust to Daylight savings time. Otherwise, I don't time travel. Besides, I have a daily log on Miiverse to tend to, so for that purpose, time traveling is pretty much cheating on that front.

I don't mind other people doing it, though. It's not like there is any competition involved in playing this game, so play however you wish. Though I wonder if time travelling may get removed from a future games, should there be circumstances that doing so is indeed 'cheating'. For instance, the freemium game coming up might link itself to internet time. If so, I wonder how the heavy Time Travelers would think of it.

im an impatient piece of trash so i time hop/travel every time i play the game. usually its just for cycling purposes, i never skip to popular events bc scared to lose a villager.

I did it a lot. It was just so I could sell/trade for all my dream villagers. Now that I have all 10 of my dreamies I no lomger TT. Im devolping my town from the start, but with good villagers. Ive even discarded/sold any items/fossils/event furniture/etc. While I time traveled. Today was my first day of AC:NL without TT (Since I last reset)

I've had scheduling issues in the past that prevented me from having time to play the game normally, so I started time traveling a while back. I sort of need it, but intend to slow down or completely stop when I've completed my town and have moved in the villagers I want.

Back